Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: dextyr
About
User Name: dextyr
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 32
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Trendlines in lower chart windows
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:21:17 PM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
how about just letting user drawing trendlines on their own knowing the fact that the lines you draw on the two lower charts can be distorted when changing time frames or indicators' settings.

They would also become usless as time passed and the indicator in the window continued to plot. In order for this to be done right, you would have to draw them on a scale with a selected indicator.

Well, some of the "free" charting does this very thing. You have to be aware each chart is unique so if time frame or charted symbol changes,new lines have to be drawn on the new chart. It does visually help. And, so does the trend line on a price chart become useless if a person doesn't pay attention.
Topic: SnapSheets Question
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 11:41:52 AM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
You can right-click on any legend element and choose either Bring to Top or Move Left/Right.

Ok - Thanks. This works.
Topic: SnapSheets Question
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 10:49:13 AM
SnapSheets - Is there any way to reorder individual indicator descriptors in the legend like there is with Symbol and sub-industry? I would like to move the legends for my indicators left or right, without removing them and then recreating them in a different order.

Also, are there any plans to be able to move the date pointer besides dragging it?
Topic: Data Box and Price Change
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:04:50 PM
Thanks - super good help
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:28:05 AM
Thanks guys - Doug, you win the prize for what I was doing. I checked my chart display options and noticed a box for wl tracking marker. I was using a white background and the tracking marker was set to white. That is why I had never seen it before or noticed I was even over it with my pointer. I changed the color and now it shows up.

I'm glad Craig directed me to the video as I wasn't aware of this feature.

Finally, I'm assuming the tracking marker shows up automatically when I add a stock to any watch list I create, but not on scans. I searched the discussion board and help. I found nothing specifically directed toward wl tracking markers.

One other question - will my TC2005 program automatically update with version changes or do I need to check for updates?

Dick
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:26:44 AM
If I hit the "." key once I can view a vertical line in the price chart on the day I point to. If I hit the "." key twice, I get the data box too.

Sometimes, when using the pointer and viewing the data box, I get a pop up box that displays the change in price by dollar amount, percent, etc. between a past point and the current data. I like this, but I don't know how in the world I'm getting it (pop up) to display as I can't recreate it very often.

How do I get the pop up box to display? I mean, what should I be doing, not just stumble bum on to it.

Thanks - Dick
Topic: 1. EASYSCAN 2. FLAG SYMBOLS 3. COPY TO NEW LIST
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:13:56 AM
ok, thanks - I was looking for a way to group my flagged stocks at the top of my open watch list. I'll just keep using the shift key.

Dick
Topic: 1. EASYSCAN 2. FLAG SYMBOLS 3. COPY TO NEW LIST
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 11:09:40 PM
Is there any way to sort stock symbols in a watch list by flagged or not flagged?

Dick
Topic: Financial Data
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:36:31 AM
Thanks diceman - that's a great idea.

Dick
Topic: Financial Data
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 11:10:08 PM
Bummer. That would be a nice feature.

I did figure out the data seems to be grouped by system: personal, etc. I could rearrange my personal items by inserting a or z in front of the name, but they are still way down the list so I'll just leave it alone.

Thanks - Dick