Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: cbradberry
About
User Name: cbradberry
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Very Basic Trendline Question
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2007 1:16:36 AM
Hi all,

This is a very basic question. It has been driving me crazy though.

I prefer the black background charts as it seems most people here do.

However, when I go to add a trendline, the crosshair for where I want the trendline to starts is black also. this makes it hard to start the trend line in the right place.

Can this be changed?

Thanks!

Chris
Topic: Cup & Handle with Confirmation?
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:32:10 PM
Hi all,

Again, I am still a TA novice but I am wondering if you all agree that this is a confirmed C&H, with the close today? Based on my understanding of the pattern, after today would be the time to buy since it closed above the top of the cup. What do you think?

Chris
Topic: A little help with PCF's and Easy Scans
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 1:59:32 AM
Hi all,

I am still very new to Telechart and have a couple of questions.

I found the site, TradeOn, which has a lot of PCF's and Easy scans etc.

I am having trouble applying a pcf though.

For example, if I want to use a PCF for a candle patter, such as a hangman , this is the formula that they say to use.

(AVGC5.1 > (1.1 * AVGC5.6)) AND (C < O) AND (O = H) AND (MAXH10 = H) AND (C - L) >= (2 * (O - C)) AND (AVGV10.1 > 250)

Once I create a PCF with that formula. I try and use it and it always says "Not Calculated", even though I updated Telechart prior to usin it.

Also, how would one use this PCF? Will it bring up all the stocks that closed with a hangman pattern? Or would i need to use a scan for that?

Thanks in advance. I know these are newbie questions, but it is late and I am at a loss.

Chris
Topic: MASTER TOPIC - Apsll Fan Pattern
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2007 11:55:55 PM
I have so much more to learn, but these are the exact type of thread I love to see. Thank you so much.
Topic: Few Questions on ALVR Chart
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2007 12:20:07 AM
Hi all,

I am very new to Telechart and have a few questions. I am actually a financial advisor by trade and have always traded stocks based on fundamentals only. I have decided to learn Technical Analysis. I am working my way through all the material on this site, a course on TA and a couple of books on TA.

I have some questions about the current chart on ALVR.

I have attempted to draw the support and resistance lines. Do they look right to you all? I know this is very basic, but I want to make sure i drew them correctly. Also, is the best way to draw support and resistance in TC, to draw two horizontal trendlines?

Based on the TA course I am watching, in this current pattern, the resistance line normally becomes the new support line. So based on that, would you all agree that anything between 1.09 and 1.12 or so would be a good entry point? Also, I would be inclined to set a tight stop loss.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.