Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Julia_O
About
User Name: Julia_O
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart, Worden Training Agent
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 508
[0.17% of all post / 0.08 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Macd Divergence
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:57:38 AM

Hi Robert,

In general, my approach is to plot Price History as well as a MACD.  Create a Scan Condition for Price Moving Down Smart over a period of 60 bars (I use a Daily chart).  Then create a Scan Condition for MACD Moving Up Smart over a period of 60 bars.   Add both conditions to an EasyScan.  The resulting stocks should be those that exhibit a three month (roughly) positive divergence betweeen Price and MACD.

In case you'd rather grab my already-created EasyScan, I'll post it to my Notes. Follow these steps to retrieve it:

1. Click the News & Notes button on the Main Toolbar

2. Choose 'Search TC2000 User Notes'

3. Search for 'Julia_O'

4. Look for the note with the Positive MACD Divergence EasyScan attached.

You should be able to open the scan results from there.

I hope that helps!

Julia

Topic: PCF Help
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2013 11:58:23 AM

tradergarrett,

You're not going to be able to look for intraday activities, such as "MA turning up at the end of the day" at the Gold level of service.  The Platinum service level provides the ability to create scan conditions (point and click as well as PCF conditions) that study intraday price and indicator data.  Such a scan could be structured such that it looked for stocks whose Moving Averages moved up over the last hour of trading, the last ten minutes of trading, or even the last minute of trading.  It sounds like that's the functionality you're after.  

I'm sorry to say that won't be possible at your current level of service.  If we can help you in setting up an alternative method of finding the types of stocks you're looking for, please let us know.

Best,

Julia Ormond 

Topic: MACD Today vs. MACD 20 Days Ago
Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:17:26 AM

Hi Andeso55,

The Moving Down % condition does not appear to be working as intended in TC2000 right now.  I wrote you a formula to find the percentage move down in MACD you're requesting.

Here's the Personal Criteria Formula that describes the behavior you're looking for:

XAVGC12-XAVGC26 <= (XAVGC12.20-XAVGC26.20)*.75

This formula can be used to create a PCF Condition that can then be used as part of an EasyScan or as a Sort column for a WatchList.  I&#39;m not sure how familiar you are with the process of creating a PCF, so let me know if you need help implementing.

Best,

Julia

Topic: deans downtrend and reversal candle
Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:52:27 AM

Hi Mr. Hudson,

I&#39;ve put together a Personal Criteria Formula that will identify any stocks (or other symbols) that exhibit either a Hammer, Engulfing, Piercing, or Harami today.  I did not include in the formula the requirements for previous trend and previous bearish reversal.  If you create a sort column using this included condition each day, you&#39;ll be able to quickly look through the results and qualify them to see if they meet your short term trend requirements.

My hesitation in including the trending information in the condition is that by writing that requirement into the condition, you&#39;ll likely end up excluding results that you&#39;d actually like the look of.  This condition right now is returning only one symbol out of 1000.  

Here&#39;s the PCF Formula:

ABS(C-O)<=.2*(H-L) AND ABS(O-C)>=.1*(H-L) AND (O-L)>=.5*(H-L) AND (C-L)>=.5*(H-L) AND (H-O)<=.05*(H-L) OR (H-C)<=.05*(H-L) AND (H-L)>=.8*(AVGH10-AVGL10) AND (L=MINL5) AND (H>L) OR ((O1-C1)>=.7*(H1-L1) AND (H1-L1)>=(AVGH10.1-AVGL10.1) AND (C>O) AND (O>C1) AND (C<O1) AND (C-O)<=.6*(O1-C1)) OR ((O1>C1) AND (C-O)>=.7*(H-L) AND (C>O1) AND (O<C1) AND (H-L)>=1.2*(AVGH10-AVGL10)) OR ((O1>C1) AND (H1-L1)>=(AVGH10.1-AVGL10.1) AND (O<C1) AND C > C1+.5*(O1-C1) AND (C<O1))

Within TC2000, 
Click the New Button on the Main Toolbar
Choose PCF Condition
Copy and paste the provided formula into the Editor field (and provide a name)
Select OK, and choose to Create a Column within a WatchList

As a result, you should see any item with any of the listed candle patterns marked with a check mark in the list.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Julia Ormond
Topic: 6 day or so accumulation formula
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 5:12:29 PM

Also, I think you&#39;re referring to a plot I added as a comparison to the S&P500 chart - it was called T2107 (% of Stocks above their 200 price moving average).

Julia

Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 5:10:23 PM

You don&#39;t need Platinum.  You shouldn&#39;t be using the Bollinger Band indicator.  You should be using the Bollinger Bandwidth indicator.... that&#39;s probably the issue.

Julia

Topic: I want to create a scan to find Bollinger Band squeezes. Thank you
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 4:47:25 PM

Hi mdkk493-

I&#39;m going to assume you have general familiarity with creating EasyScans.  If you need clarification on any of the steps mentioned here, let us know.

Generally, you can plot an indicator called a Bollinger Bandwidth and assign it a period that corresponds to the duration of squeeze you&#39;re looking for.  Then create three separate conditions, all of which should be added to one EasyScan.

1. Bollinger Bandwidth less than .03

2. Bollinger Bandwidth moving down (I use the Moving Down Smart choice when creating the condition).  I set the slider close to the left of the slider bar and the period to 20 as a starting point.

3. Bollinger Bandwidth making new low over a 20 bar period, as a starting point.

That should get you started with charts that have Bollinger Squeezes.  You can change the parameters to suit your needs, but the general approach should hold.  Find Bollinger Bandwidths that are low, are moving down, and are at new lows, and you&#39;ll find squeezes.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Julia

Topic: Creating Scan Conditions
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 4:39:28 PM

tspara,

While it&#39;s true that conditions within EasyScans have an &#39;and&#39; relationship, you can use any two (or more) conditions as Sort columns, which place check marks next to items that meet the condition.  Sorting by multiple columns creates multiple check columns, resulting in the identification of one behavior &#39;or&#39; the other.

Hope that helps,

Julia

Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 3:52:57 PM

Hi elsners,

Glad you found the training to be a good experience and so happy to hear that it expanded your view/use of TC2000!

I think you&#39;re referring to the consolidation scan we created together using the Bollinger Bandwidth indicator.  

1. Plot the Bollinger Bandwidth Indicator

2. Edit to set its period to 6

3. Then create three scan conditions - 1. Bollinger Bandwidth Less Than .03     2. Bollinger Bandwidth at New Low over the last 20 bars      3. Bollinger Bandwidth Moving Down Smart (then decide how quickly you want it moving down)

As for information on Margin activity, you can google "Margin Debt levels" and you&#39;ll find some pretty good articles.  I don&#39;t have access to a plot of historical levels.

Hope that helps-

Julia

Topic: Scan confition
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 10:05:34 AM

You won&#39;t need a formula for this, focentis.  

Follow these steps, and you&#39;ll be able to scan for this type of behavior:  (If you need clarification on any step, please ask)

1. Plot Chaikin Money Flow on your chart.  Click the name of the indictor and choose Edit to assign it a 30 bar period.

2. Click the name of the indicator and choose Create Scan Condition

3. Within the behavioral drop-down, use these settings.  

Condition: Moving Up Net

Period: 1

Net Change >: 0

Time Frame: Hourly

4. Click "Scan in new window"

That should get you a list of all of the symbols with charts whose Chaikin Money Flow has moved up at all over the last hour.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Julia