Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

I want to create a scan to find Bollinger Band squeezes. Thank you Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mdkk493
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 3:10:01 PM
Julia_O
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 4:47:25 PM

Worden Trainer

Hi mdkk493-

I'm going to assume you have general familiarity with creating EasyScans.  If you need clarification on any of the steps mentioned here, let us know.

Generally, you can plot an indicator called a Bollinger Bandwidth and assign it a period that corresponds to the duration of squeeze you're looking for.  Then create three separate conditions, all of which should be added to one EasyScan.

1. Bollinger Bandwidth less than .03

2. Bollinger Bandwidth moving down (I use the Moving Down Smart choice when creating the condition).  I set the slider close to the left of the slider bar and the period to 20 as a starting point.

3. Bollinger Bandwidth making new low over a 20 bar period, as a starting point.

That should get you started with charts that have Bollinger Squeezes.  You can change the parameters to suit your needs, but the general approach should hold.  Find Bollinger Bandwidths that are low, are moving down, and are at new lows, and you'll find squeezes.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Julia