Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Creating Scan Conditions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tspara
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 12:05:17 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

As far as I can determine, all multiple condition scans from chart indicators can be created only as logical "and" conditions.  Do you know of anyway to create "or" relationships?  For example, if one wanted to determine if either Moneystream or OBV crossed a critical point.   This isn't what I want to do, but it is just an example. Currently, if one wanted to run an "either"-"or" scan, one would have to run two separate scans.  Is there any other solution, or is there anything in future versions that may allow for this?

Julia_O
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 4:39:28 PM

Worden Trainer

tspara,

While it's true that conditions within EasyScans have an 'and' relationship, you can use any two (or more) conditions as Sort columns, which place check marks next to items that meet the condition.  Sorting by multiple columns creates multiple check columns, resulting in the identification of one behavior 'or' the other.

Hope that helps,

Julia

tspara
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 5:33:35 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Thank you Julia.  I will give it a try.  Haven't used that function for a while.  Forgot about it.