Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: MontyPelerin
About
User Name: MontyPelerin
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Watchlist Date
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:24:53 AM

Is it possible to change the date of a watchlist so that column values will calculate as of that date?

For example, I have indicator values as of today. I would like these values as of a week or a month ago (some other date). For simple formulas, I know how to do this but for complex formulas is it either impossible or too onerous. 

Suppose I wanted my values as of March 23, 2011 for example. The data are all in the system. Why not have a way to extract it in column format per a watchlist as of that date?

Topic: pcf language
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:38:17 PM

Where can one find a complete listing of all the indicators and operators permissible in the pcf language?

Topic: binary indicator
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 10:14:41 PM

Diceman,

Thanks for your help. That was what I was afraid of. 

TC2000 could be so much more useful if it expanded the very rudimentary pcf language to include indicators it allows in charts. 

I can export the data and do the calculations in Excel, but that is a pain. Furthermore, there is no way to import my created indicator and plot it in TC2000. 

After almost ten years of using TC2000, I seem to have outgrown it. Sadly, I am considering other alternatives.

Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 7:33:12 PM

Thanks diceman.

I understand how to add the conditions up (as you have shown). But tsv and trix, for example, I don't believe are allowed in pcf language. How does one handle indicators not allowed in pcf?

Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 6:00:27 PM

I am trying to combine multiple conditions to produce a composite indicator. While it is more complex than the following, let's say that I would like to add the total of the following:

RSI > 50 = 1, otherwise 0

Moving Average(Trix) > 0 = 1 otherwise 0

tsv > 0, 1, 0

The new indicator would be the sum of these three conditions each period. It would range in value from 0 to 3. Is there a way of plotting this as a custom indicator?

Thanks for any assistance,

LM

Topic: Relative Volume Surge Indicator
Posted: Monday, October 8, 2007 5:38:08 AM
Thank you for your quick response, but I am interested in being able to plot the specific indicator I outlined for two reasons:

1. It will enable me to monitor a list of stocks (chosen for reasons other than volume) for volume fluctuations.

2. To enable me to expand my Blocks programming skills so as not to have to use your time.

If you could provide my indicator as requested or tell me what parts of it are not doable in Blocks, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Topic: Relative Volume Surge Indicator
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2007 5:06:50 PM
Hello,

I am new to Blocks, just having completed the training workshop in Atlanta (which, by the way, was excellent).

I would like to know how to code a new indicator. I call it the Relative Volume Surge Indicator. This indicator relates volume in a specific stock to market/industry volume. Specifically the indicator relates current volume against average volume for a stock as compared to the market or industry.

The formula is a ratio defined as follows: RVSI = A/B where A and B are shown below (in TC 2000 notation):

A = V/AVGV45 for the current watchlist item (I am able to set this up in blocks)
B = V/AVGV45 for the market or industry, defined below (not able to do this)

The rationale for this indicator is to separate stock volume surges/drops from market/industry surges/drops. The plot will usually be in the range of 1.0. Significant deviations (either way) are apt to be meaningful.

There is nothing magical about a MA of 45 periods so I would want to have the moving average period able to be changed via clicking on the indicator rather than having to enter the block diagram. Additionally, I would like also to easily change from market to industry. Market, for my purposes, should be a choice between the DJ 30 and Nas 100 (or perhaps a broader list of indices). Industry should be a choice between Industry and Sub-industry. I realize that I can only do one measure per indicator, but would like the flexibility to look at RSVI in different ways.

Part B is where I am stuck. Specifically, I have two problems:
1. I don't know how to feed volume from an outside (outside the current watchlist) source.
2. I don't know how to make this outside source user-choosable and friendly or even if this aspect is possible.

The calculation in part B is identical to what I have already block diagrammed for A. Only the source of data differs.

Thanks for your assistance,

Larry