Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Watchlist Date Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
MontyPelerin
Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:24:53 AM

Is it possible to change the date of a watchlist so that column values will calculate as of that date?

For example, I have indicator values as of today. I would like these values as of a week or a month ago (some other date). For simple formulas, I know how to do this but for complex formulas is it either impossible or too onerous. 

Suppose I wanted my values as of March 23, 2011 for example. The data are all in the system. Why not have a way to extract it in column format per a watchlist as of that date?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 2:47:36 PM

Worden Trainer

If you know the number of bars ago for the desired date, you could create your formula as a Custom PCF Indicator or Custom PCF % True Indicator. Then you could add a 1-Period Simple Moving Average with the Offset set to the number of bars ago of interest. Clicking on the offset moving average and selecting Add Column to WatchList would then allow you to display the value of the indicator Offset bars ago as a WatchList Column.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles