Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Ichimuko Charts - Shared Elements Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
afranco2
Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 11:28:53 AM

I have three charts a candlestock, a Heiken Ashi, and an Ichmuko. If I add a line, etc to the either of the candlestick chart, the line shows on the Heiken Ashi chart (or vice versa). But the line won't show on the Ichmuko chart. Likewise if I add something to the Ichimuo chart it won't show on the others.

Is this by design or by some fault of my setup.

Thanks, Tony

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 1:57:40 PM

Worden Trainer

Do you have the same drawing boards selected for all three charts?

Drawing boards manage your chart drawings (7:07)
Scratch boards & drawing tool updates (4:43)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
afranco2
Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 3:12:13 PM

Yes same drawing board - 'scr'. But with the Ichimuko there isn't an orange asteriks in the box next to the text 'scr'.

If it matters, the carts are on different worksheets. But when I created the worksheets I just duplicated the candlestick worksheet and change the charts.

Tony

afranco2
Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 3:18:32 PM

Even though 'all boards were selected the items I had generated were in teh scratch board. I have moved them to board one and as your probably are about to predict they rae now there for all charts. Thx

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 3:30:37 PM

Worden Trainer

I am happy to read using something other than the scratch board resolved the issue for you.

The scratch board is designed to not be shared between different charts. So my guess is that the Ichimoku chart used a different base chart in its creation than the candlestick and Heiken-Ashi charts (which I'm guessing used the same base chart when initially created).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
maito100
Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 6:46:53 PM

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to create an ichimoku easyscan/ PCF especially  for forex. Were by price  has pulled back from its ascension, has touched the conversion line, bounced off and now it is starting to resume the its uptrend ( one or two candles have now closed up from the previous candles). Same process for the downtrend also.

many thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:55:20 AM

Worden Trainer

Since you are using Ichimoku, I checked for price being above the Base Line (Kijun-Sen) for the most recent three bars to establish that price is in an general uptrend. I use the low of price for this (as well as everything else that follows) because having price drop through the line at any time during the bar would mean it wasn't still in a general uptrend for at least part of the time.

The formula also checks for the low of the current bar to be above the Conversion (Tenkan-Sen) for the current bar but below it during at least one of the previous two bars.

Finally it checks for the low of the current bar to be higher than the low of the previous two bars while at least one of the lows of the previous two bars was lower than its previous low.

2 * L > MAXH26 + MINL26 AND L > L1 AND 2 * L1 > MAXH26.1 + MINL26.1 AND 2 * L2 > MAXH26.2 + MINL26.2 AND 2 * L > MAXH9 + MINL9 AND (2 * L1 < MAXH9.1 + MINL9.1 OR 2 * L2 < MAXH9.2 + MINL9.2) AND (L1 < L2 OR L2 < L3)

This is relatively rare. For Forex, it is currently only true on a daily chart for GBP/NZD as I write this post.

You can use the Condition Formula as the Boolean Formula in a Custom PCF % True Indicator to get spikes on the chart so you can see how often this pattern happened in the past for a symbol, what the pattern actually looked like at the time and observe how the stock behaved after the pattern returned true.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles