Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Fit more days into a chart Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
krishmanoh
Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:03:48 PM

In a 15min chart, all I can see is 1month of data. Is there any way to fit more data into the chart at the cost of squishing the candles together?

I have moved the blue bar at the bottom all the way to the left and still see only 1 month. Also any way I can group the days by month - like show the month below the dates?

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:11:46 PM

There are other folks around here who know waaaay more about TC2000 than I do, but ...

I don't think it's a matter of "squishing" more data on the screen - I believe it's just a limitation of the available data feed. I think you're just running into the limit TC2000 has of 500 bars of price history data.

If my math is right, 6 1/2 hours in a trading day = 26 15-minute bars a day, times 21 trading days in a month = 546 bars.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:04:20 AM

Worden Trainer

Putt4Dough is correct. You are running into the 500-bar limit. You would need to use a longer Time Frame to see more data.

The data and time groupings are automatically calculated based on zoom and Time Frame.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Booker
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:51:51 PM

Hey Guys, quit picking on the 500 bar limit. If you want more then use ver. 7.

The 500 bar limit is a small penalty to pay in order to have the ability to sort and scan over 7000 plus stocks in rt, And it can be done in a split second or two. This is a day trader's dream. I know that not everyone is a day trader and I used to be a swing trader only but times are changing and I find it harder to make money on swing trades than it used to be.

Worden Bros are doing a wonderful job of supplying TC for us to use so don't try to change ver. 12 into something else. I like it just the way it is.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 4:11:48 PM

QUOTE (Booker)
Hey Guys, quit picking on the 500 bar limit...

I've had a little too much caffeine today, but I reread this thread and I'm not sure who's "picking" on TC2000.

I don't think krishmanoh was aware of it, unless I totally misunderstood his question. I simply mentioned it, and Bruce confirmed it.

I love TC2000, and 500 bars is plenty for me. I trade shorter timeframes myself. All I want for Christmas is TC2000 with either RealCode or an enhanced PCF language, but I don't think Santa will be leaving that under my tree this year :)

Booker
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 9:11:55 PM

QUOTE (Putt4Dough)

QUOTE (Booker)
Hey Guys, quit picking on the 500 bar limit...

I've had a little too much caffeine today, but I reread this thread and I'm not sure who's "picking" on TC2000.

I don't think krishmanoh was aware of it, unless I totally misunderstood his question. I simply mentioned it, and Bruce confirmed it.

I love TC2000, and 500 bars is plenty for me. I trade shorter timeframes myself. All I want for Christmas is TC2000 with either RealCode or an enhanced PCF language, but I don't think Santa will be leaving that under my tree this year :)

Just kidding Putt4Dough, but I do like your suggestion about RealCode or enhanced PCF