Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Flag and ABC system Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Dens
Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:52:21 PM

Hello,

I would like to categorize the stocks in my watchlist with 3 flags like an ABC system where only 1 flag can be ON at the same time.  For now, I've been able to add 3 flags with differents names, but as soon I click one, all three take the same value.

I know that I could use 3 differents lists and move my stock from one to the other when their status change (according to my evaluation), but it could be a lot easier if I could just set on/off the flags.  Is it possible ?

Example:

Flag 1 (A) | Flag 2 (B) | Flag 3 (C) | Symbol | Comments...

X          |                |                  |   aaa    | Daily monitoring

|      X       |                  |   bbb    | Weekling monitoring

|               |       X         |   ccc    | Monthly monitoring

(If "ccc" status change, I would like to be able to set OFF the Flag 3 and set ON the Flag 2.)

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 8:24:37 AM

Worden Trainer

No, it is not currently possible in either version of TC2000. The flags in TC2000 are either on or off for each symbol. This means there is essentially only one WatchList with flagged symbols. Checking or unchecking the flag in one flag column will do the same for all other flag columns.

It should probably be mentioned that this would be possible in StockFinder as every Personal WatchList has its own flag column available which will be checked or unchecked for symbols based on if they are in or not in that particular Personal WatchList.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles