Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

tc2000 v12 .1 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 3:18:57 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Today the changes for v12.1 have been put out.....

There has been a change in philosophy

Was

watchlist centric

Now

easy scan centric

Difference being you have to start from the "easyscan button"  and pick your scan then pick the list you want it to be applied

Where before you are managing your list which you may or may not want to update i.e. rescan.

Now you can go pick one of your Old lists but you can not run a scan on it till you go select the easy scan  which automatically runs on the last list you saved it as not on the current wacthlist you are refining.

Anyway that is what it appears to me if anyone else has insight  I would like hear how this change is better or worse  at least as to how you keep organized.

Perhaps I should modify my habits...just seems watchlist centric was a decent way to operate.

Im not sure what prompted this change but it may be a Developer instigated change to improve the back-end not a consumer based change who view it from an organizational standpoint.

Dens
Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:00:21 PM

When I started TC2000 tonight, I saw something display like an upgrade. It's probably the release 12.1. But, it never started... I've 2 machine with Windows 7 and TC2000 doesn't want to start anymore. Both worked well yesterday. For now, they freeze at "connecting to TC2000...". After a 1/2 hour, it's still freeze. But, on my virtual machine in WinXP, it's works....

So, is there any issue with the release 12.1 on Win7 (64bits) ?

Best regards,

Dens

amanmehta1985
Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:37:13 PM

I am running Win7 (64 bits) and it is working fine for me.

On a different subject, can somebody explain to me how the new pricing and cost works for the alerts.

It says that price alerts are at $0.01/month. Not sure what that exactly means.

RiseT
Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:35:48 AM

Same problem here (Win 7 x64, Out-of-Browser-Installation) on different machines. "Connecting to TC2000" for hours.

I've noticed exactly the same problem when I've tried to test the installed beta version (which now has been rolled out). At the same time, while the out-of-browser beta couldn't connect, the parallely installed (prior) stable version had no problems.

When I've tried to run the Beta within the browser, it worked, though.

So since the beta has been rolled out now, I have no installation of TC2000 that works anymore.

And now?

kroos
Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:04:50 AM

Runs for me on Vista and Win7. What frosts me is that I used to be able to run a scan with intraday conditions (not with a live column) and now it says I need Platinum service to do it when I had been doing it with Gold.... and now a penny a pop for an alert.....

I need to rethink this.......

ROBS
Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:34:11 PM

Same shit for me....can'T connect on my main computer but it works on a 32bit win 7 OS.. Also my custom scans are not working working anymore...need the platinum....hummmmmmm We need to complain about this...

Are they going to remove features at each new release they put out????

I'm really not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kroos
Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:55:20 PM

Amen... I haven't had to reboot my desktop yet so I still have the older version... I'll milk that as long as I can. I see the Gold version is credited $2.00 a month for alerts or scans so one can be miserly and live within the free amount but I thinks it sucks overall......

ALIV68
Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:21:05 AM

I have same problem after updating. I can't connect to your server. My operation system is Win XP SP3 32-bit. Inscription  of  'Connecting To TC 2000' have there and nothing happen. :(

Gazork
Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 12:51:31 PM

QUOTE (kroos)

Amen... I haven't had to reboot my desktop yet so I still have the older version... I'll milk that as long as I can. I see the Gold version is credited $2.00 a month for alerts or scans so one can be miserly and live within the free amount but I thinks it sucks overall......

Well, having experience with other scanning tools and real-time charting packages and knowing what the price structure of those tools are, the concept of paying per scan/alert is almost unbelievable to me. And if the near-real time capability of the Gold version is gone than I have to decide whether to stick around and use it as an end-of-day tool or just chuck it and go with the myriad of free stock ideas now available on the web, especially given that I have a subscription to briefing.com news.

Platinum, at the price it is at and with 'metered' scans/alerts, not having futures, not having any pre-market charting, not offering user selectible tick sizes, etc etc ..... well, Platinum is simply not worth it as a real-time package. The irony is that it could be the best all-in-one tool out there because Worden certainly has the charting/scanning format down really well. Add futures capability, 'free' scanning, pre/post market charting, tie-ins (trading from charts) to a few key brokers along with position/order management and bingo ....

Sigh, We'll see how it plays out ......

frankdel
Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:01:45 PM

QUOTE (Gazork)

The irony is that it could be the best all-in-one tool out there because Worden certainly has the charting/scanning format down really well. Add futures capability, 'free' scanning, pre/post market charting, tie-ins (trading from charts) to a few key brokers along with position/order management and bingo ....

[/QUOTE]

Lol. Gazork. Dont hold your breath.

Gazork
Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:17:22 PM

QUOTE (frankdel)

QUOTE (Gazork)

The irony is that it could be the best all-in-one tool out there because Worden certainly has the charting/scanning format down really well. Add futures capability, 'free' scanning, pre/post market charting, tie-ins (trading from charts) to a few key brokers along with position/order management and bingo ....

Lol. Gazork. Dont hold your breath.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I won't, unless I'm trying to slow the oxidation process a bit. Thanks :)

It's their product and they are well entitled to do what they want with it and I could well end up being way off-base with how it evolves but .... other than a great programming exercise for them, I think they have seriously mismanaged their product suite(s) the last few years with the intros of the various flavors of TC2000, and the scattered-ness of that approach.

IMO, they should have stayed with one product, gradually enhancing it, maybe not tweaking the interaface as much as they did, have a real-time version with features similiar to what I mentioned above (which is afterall, industry standard stuff except for perhaps the broker tie-on) and that is it. I also believe that their upgrade path with the Platinum version should have been much more aggressive, obviusly. The concept of charging per scan is 'unique' and the current version of scanning, that doesn't automatically refresh, is also 'unique'. Anyway .... fun stuff to talk about.

kroos
Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 5:52:35 PM

"If a Gold user had a intraday condition in an EasyScan, the condition was incorreclty reporting as Daily. This has been fixed and now shows a warning that scanning intraday time-frames requires platinum service."... from the patch notes...

So that sweet feature is gone. I know I'm an old dog but I've been really trying to like the new upgrade this afternoon. I'll give it a bit but I don't like it. The previous "watchlist centric" version as the OP called it was much more user friendly IMO. I have until April to decide if I'll continue this service.... we'll see.

Maybe I just hate change....

wwrightjuly4
Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:04:15 AM

Im still trying to verify....I am not crazy ...

???That before I could pull up a Watch list I had created and select a scan which acted on the list.  Or was I foolishly running another scan and populating my list from the scan. ???

I believe the previous version was allowing me to say work from a ibd200 list and then apply various scans to see the results.

-ww

wwrightjuly4
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:35:30 AM

Ok, I think I understand how I can make this work like previous versions....

I can select a watch list

then select add column

then select a sort condition

then flag items and save if I like the sort

else

delete the column and sort by some other condition/indicator.

Apologies for any misunderstandings.

NOT sure if anyone understood my rantings or not....but hopefully this helps anyone stuck in the same mind set.

-cheers.