Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: wwrightjuly4
About
User Name: wwrightjuly4
Groups: Gold User, Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 954
[0.32% of all post / 0.14 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Best scan formula for daily profit
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 5:46:34 PM

Nice column addition to sort by.... i.e. what has been moving up in your list over last 21 days

CountTrue(C >= 1.02 * C1, 21)

Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:16:48 AM

apologies for being an ass....  just noticed  richamit's first message,  keep the questions coming.  May not have an answer for this one but maybe the next one.

Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 3:33:57 PM

If this is a feature request,  I second the motion

I'm not sure why you would limit yourself  to only stocks who's future price is up 2-3% , Let's go big

Topic: Trading systems
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 11:47:04 PM

The training videos, the old threads ... they are still valid, still valuable.  However, there are a great number of personalities and opinions which become rather tedious to sift through if you have not already figured that out.
You also have a number of marketing persons and bots posting b.s.  Worden spends a great deal of effort keeping the forum clean.

I can only speculate, and that would probably be wrong for the majority of users.  TC2000 is a great tool, and many thoughts have been put forth already to how it can be used.  Does it help to repost similar plans and thoughts if they have already been posted.  Should we repost so that there is a more recent thread which gives the illusion that there is new information.

Does a "New Post" mean a new brilliant system, my thoughts no, just rehash.

This forum in general is not conducive to having the kind of conversation you are looking for, i.e. long and tedious examples of trading a system.  - you will have better luck reading from books -

Chat rooms and trading forums are full of wayfaring people of dubious intentions, if you are not certain what or how to trade your interests this is not a very good place.   Most certainly you will be sold a "trading system" that will most certainly take all your money.

However, if you put forth your own research and invite comment on your findings I am sure you will find some very helpful people here who can help refine your thoughts.

- Strengths and weakness comparison of other products and trading communities -  perhaps that is a topic worth research.

There are a few indicators lacking in the TC2000, i.e. Gann, demark indicators, a programmable interface, option quotes, backtest

You used to be able to export TC2000 data to Meta charts, which had a very extensive back testor and a  rather suitable language.  However this is extremely time consuming and running backtest model after model trying to find suitable buy and sell signals that wont run off the map is again not for the faint of heart. 

One of TC2000 greatest assets is it is very fast at whittling down a list of stocks.

Perhaps, many are simply using the tools provided by the trading houses which have improved, but many are still slow and cumbersom. i.e. why pay twice for quotes and tools.  It depends on your methods I suppose, and what you are willing to give up for this or that.

Well.... good luck

Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:17:35 PM

First rule to Trading:  *** Money Management ***

Not saying these are great book...just a couple I have read...outlines serveral technical setups and strategies.  "Trend Trading for a Living: Learn the Skills and Gain the Confidence to Trade for a Living",  misleading title but has some charts conditional setups with explanations as to why he likes them.

Amazon link

Setups system ideas

Trend Trading for a Living: Learn the Skills and Gain the Confidence to Trade for a Living

Setups: but dont say the word DeMark anywhere or you may get sued...

DeMark Indicators (Bloomberg Market Essentials: Technical Analysis)

^^^

All of these URL's  will get deleted but these were book titles and links to amazon trading

Authors:  Bulkwoski, Alexander, Carr, jason Perl, Carney

Good luck.

Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 12:34:32 PM

Continuation Triangles.

Finding Continuation Triangles And Wedges With Telechart

Topic: Mechanical Buy and Sell Signals
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:17:47 PM

From the book "High Probability ETF Trading" by Larry Conners.

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=44641

Regional Systematic Momentum Model

Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:01:37 PM

short term timing trick

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=42329

Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 12:50:50 PM

Perhaps you should study this.

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=45157

Topic: BB Dots.
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:38:36 PM

Hey, Diceman. 

In reference to http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=64107

I tried this a couple of ways.  But placing Dots for closes above or below the bollinger-band was the only one that I could make any sense of.

So, Green is below the Price chart, and Red is Above, I was thinking of using as a Overbought overSold.  I put in a DochianChannel, for possible stop orders.  And an indicator window showing unusual Price swings 1d vs 20d.

What are your thoughts? Diceman

https://goo.gl/photos/4zDDK3geAWd7LtXy6