Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Price as percent of todays range formula? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rikischulz1
Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 12:53:05 AM
I'd like to add an indicator in my watchlist so I can sort stocks current price compared to the current days range as a percentage. This way I can look for stocks breaking out to new highs and lows before they happen. How would I write this? Thanks for the help. -RLS
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 8:45:49 AM

Worden Trainer

An Indicator Formula for the current price as a percentage of range of the current bar could be written as:

100 * C / (H - L + .0000001)

That said, an Indicator Formula for the range of the current bar as a percentage of the current price would seem to make more sense to me:

100 * (H - L) / C

PCF Formula Descriptions
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
rikischulz1
Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 11:42:43 AM
Hi Bruce, I'm confused because neither one of those seem to work right. Like, I said I'm looking for the close as a percentage of the days range. So if the high/low for the stock is 99/98 (with the range being $1) then 98.90 would be a 90% reading and a 98.10 would be 10% reading on the indicator of the days range. This way I can sort my watchlist looking at the higher close of todays range breaking new highs intraday and the lower close of todays range breaking new lows intraday. I might be making this more confusing then it needs to be but for some reason I can't figure out how to write this indicator. I appreciate the help. -RLS
rikischulz1
Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 12:06:57 PM
If the current close would be equal to the high of the day then the reading would be 100% and if the current close would be equal to the low of the day then it would be 0%. So a current last price of 99 would be 100% and a current last price of 98 would be 0% since these would be the high and low of the day. This way I could easily sort stocks breaking out of the low or high of the day. thanks.
StockGuy
Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 12:17:34 PM

Administration

This should work for you:

(C-L)/(H-L) * 100