Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Scan for specific time rank % gainers/losers? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rikischulz1
Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:10:29 PM

In real time it's easy to check for biggest gainers/losers, but what would be the most efficient way to look back at certain times during the day at the biggest gainers/losers?  I'd like to go back and see which stocks were leading at 10:00pm for instance and how they ended up the day then.  This would be beneficial because I can see how to trade some of the fastest moving stocks by looking how they reacted at certain times of the day.

rikischulz1
Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:11:24 PM
10:00am, sorry. 
hayesamichael1
Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:48:00 AM
You could use TOS on demand
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:49:33 AM

Worden Trainer

There is no way to identify the specific time of day using the Personal Criteria Formula Language (it is possible using RealCode in StockFinder).

If you are always using the formula at the end of the day, you can check for a Price Percent Change over a centain number of bars in TC2000 Platinum version 12 however. For example, in a one minute Time Frame, you could write a formula for the Price Percent Change from the Close of the previous day to 10am as:

100 * (C360 / C390 - 1)

A Price Percent Change from 10am to close as:

100 * (C / C360 - 1)

And a Price Percent Change from the previous Close to the current Close as:

100 * (C / C390 - 1)

PCF Formula Descriptions
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
rikischulz1
Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:01:38 PM
I ended up writing a pcf on an hourly time frame and counting back bars at end of day. This seems to work perfectly. What is tos on demand?
rikischulz1
Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:07:48 PM
Are my scans going to come up accurate for 10pm EST since the first hourly bar of the day is only a half hour by counting back bars?My pcf indicator is --------100 * (C6 / C7 - 1)----------- Is that correct for what I'm trying to accomplish on an hourly chart? And to look at yesterday and the day before ----100 * (C13 / C14 - 1)---- and -------100 * (C20/ C21 - 1)--------????
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:10:47 PM

Worden Trainer

If a trading day is not evenly divisible by the Time Frame, the intraday bars are created in such a way that the last bar of the trading day is a bar with the full Time Frame. So in the case of an hourly chart, the first bar of the day will be half an hour and the rest of the bars will be a full hour. So your Hourly PCFs should work.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
steven_alec
Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 1:07:55 PM
I want to create personal criteria formula for specific time period (for examle, 10 minutes, 60 mintues) to scan for price % change, starting new at each time period, like every 10 minutes.

Does Worden Brothers (TC2000 staff write this? What service do I need? Gold or Platinum. How complicated, diffcult is it to write program. How long does it usualyy take to write it?

Thanks.

Alec Steven

email removed by moderator
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 1:26:08 PM

Worden Trainer

You would need be using TC2000 version 12 with Platinum service to be able to create Condition Formulas and Indicator Formulas based on intraday data.

Worden Brothers does not offer a programming service. Any RealCode, Personal Criteria Formulas or Scans are provided for educational purposes only. That said, the answers to questions frequently involve completed solutions to demonstrate how to do what was asked using our products.

Personal Criteria Formula are based on bars of data. So in a 10-Minute Time Frame, a formula for a 10-Minute Price Percent Change which reset once every 10-Minutes would be:

100 * (C / C1 - 1)

You could use the same formula in a 30-Minute Time Frame to create a 30-Minute Price Percent Change which reset once every 30-Minutes. If you were in a 1-Minute Time Frame, you would need two different formulas. One for a 10-Minute Price Percent Change:

100 * (C / C10 - 1)

And another for a 30-Minute Price Percent Change:

100 * (C / C30 - 1)

In addition, since you would be in a 1-Minute Time Frame, the formula would reset each minute. The 10-Minute Formula would look at the Price Percent Change over the most recent 10-Minutes and the 30-Minute formula would look at the Price Percent Change over the most recent 30-Minutes.

The PCF Formula Descriptions topic referenced above contains a fairly comprehensive list of the syntax which is valid in the Personal Criteria Formula Language and the Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs! topic contains a list of basic example formulas which can be used to learn how PCFs are constructed.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
hayesamichael1
Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 2:07:41 AM
QUOTE (rikischulz1)
I ended up writing a pcf on an hourly time frame and counting back bars at end of day. This seems to work perfectly. What is tos on demand?

If you use Think or Swim trading plateform, you can go back in time to the exact minute to get a quote
on the stock price or any option price