Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

volume on watchlist Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
OzAsh
Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:06:27 PM
I have raw volume on my watchlist - how do I have it display differently such as 1,200,000 would be simply 1.2m and 759,500 would be 759.5k etc?
Thanks
Ash
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 8:32:56 AM

Worden Trainer

When you click to edit the plotted volume there is a field called "Display in 's".  By default it is set to 100 (display in 100s).  You can change this to 1000000.0000 to display  volume in millions, if you like.

- Craig
Here to Help!
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 10:58:43 AM

Worden Trainer

I just shared a Layout called "OzAsh Volume in millions".  It shows the volume as XXM in millions.

Let me know what you think.

- Craig
Here to Help!
OzAsh
Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:23:19 AM
Thanks - we are now well on our way Craig ... 
If the volume is 2.4 miliions I would like it to read 2.4M
 .... at present it just reads 2M
If the volume is 700k I would like it to read 700K
 ... at present it shows as  0M
That would be great - the next step is how do i get the realcode into my existing layout?
Thanks
Ash
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 9:34:25 AM

Worden Trainer

OzAsh,
You should be able to Open the attached Layout directly into a running copy of StockFinder.

It contains a Watchlist Column that displays M when the Volume is at least 1 million shares and K when the Volume is less than 1 million shares. The resulting column is text and will be sorted in alphabetical order. This means you would need the standard Volume Watchlist Column if you want the Watchlist to be sorted based on Volume.

My Column is not RealCode (and Craig's isn't either). My Column is created using a Block Diagram. There is no way to save or copy a Watchlist Column in the current version of StockFinder. You would need to right-click on a blank portion of the Watchlist Column Headers, select New Column | Text and create the Watchlist Column manually to use it in another Layout. It is possible to Copy and Paste the Blocks in a Block Diagram from one Block Diagram to another Block Diagram to make this process slightly easier, but it is still a manual process.

Attachments:
OzAsh39604.sfLayout - 37 KB, downloaded 1,006 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
OzAsh
Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 5:39:01 PM
Thanks Bruce that looks EXACTLY like I wanted. Unfortunately you will have to step me through the process of copying the Volume String diagram (I cannot even figure out how to select it to copy it) and then how to get it into my regular latyout.
Ash
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:00:23 AM

Worden Trainer

OzAsh,
- Right-click on the Watchlist Column Header (where it says Volume String) and select Block Diagram.
- Left-click and Drag any of the green Blocks in the Block Diagram so they are "out of the way".
- Make a box around the remaining Blocks to highlight them (this should define "out of the way").
-- While holding down the CTRL key and left-click and drag from one corner of the box to the other other.
-- When you let up on the CTRL key and left-mouse button, the box should go away.
-- The Blocks that were inside the Box should be highlighted (the non-green Blocks will have squares).
- Right-click on the highlighted Blocks and select Copy.

Do whatever you need to do to close this Layout and open the Layout to which you wish to add the Watchlist Column.

- Right-click on a blank portion of the Watchlist Column Headers and select New Column | Text.
- Right-click in a blank portion of the Block Diagram that comes up and select Paste.
- Left-click and Drag to connect the Column Symbol output to the unconnected Volume input.
- Left-click and Drag to connect the Concatenate output to the unconnected Column Data input.
- Close the Block Diagram.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
OzAsh
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:07:04 AM
Thanks - worked a treat.
Ash
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:12:29 AM

Worden Trainer

OzAsh,