Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: OzAsh
About
User Name: OzAsh
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 173
[0.06% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Simple pcf stack
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 4:47:53 AM
Can I please get a pcf that will give a positive when the following simple moving averages are stacked.
10 simple over 20 simple over 50 simple.
Thanks
Ash
Topic: hits per day total per index or watchlist
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 8:39:00 PM
I have code for a specific price pattern. how can i get SFv5 to to make a chart of the number of times the pattern is true on a particular day so I can compare it on a day by day basis below an index.
For instance if my pattern triggered 100 times in the russell 2000 stocks list  then I want the 100 in bar format below the the index in question.
Yes, I know that on my watchlist I get the "bars ago" number but what I want to be able to do is look at a chart with say a high number of "hits" and see it that bears any correlation to the main chart.
If this makes sense great - if not, let me know and I will reword.
Thanks
Ash
Topic: what am I doing wrong here?
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:51:06 AM
I have the following RealCode that works fine on my charts EXCEPT when I want to make a new chart.
Its for a hammer candlestick.
When I open the file I get a new pane under the price pane - what I thought I would get was a new indicator that I could use to color the price bars.
What am I doing wrong here?
Ash

If Price.High - Price.Open <= (Price.High - Price.Low) / 3 AndAlso _
    Price.High - Price.Last <= (Price.High - Price.Low) / 3 AndAlso _
    Price.High > Price.Low Then
    Plot = Price.Low - .05
Else
    Plot = Single.NaN
End If
Topic: reverse this please Bruce
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:57:17 PM
Great stuff Bruce.
NOW could you make em both (long and short ones) in realcode for SF5?
Thanks
Ash
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:56:41 PM
Great stuff Bruce.
NOW could you make em both (long and short ones) in realcode?
Thanks
Ash
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:26:30 AM
Bruce,
came accross this pcf and it looked interesting.
This has a long bias. Can you reverse it for me please?
Ash

(((H - L) > 4 * (O - C)) AND ((C - L) / (.0001 + H - L) >= 0.75) AND ((O - L) / (.0001 + H - L) >= .075)))
Topic: Profitunity search
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:48:29 PM
probably going to regret this post but here goes nothing.

Reading through the thread it is obvious that no-one has the faintest idea how Bills system works (please note, I am NOT talking to the worden dudes here - they are AWESOME at helping us).

You DO have the complete system already.
Bruce gave it to you.
But you are intent on fiddling with it.

IF you read his books (ALL of them) you will have  a fair idea what to do.
If you do his course and private tutorial you will KNOW EXACTLY what to do.
Scanning for AO stuff is a waste  of time as it measures the Elliot wave and that is an ungrounded assessment (tip - start with price action) THEN look at the AO (forget the AC and the Alligator oscillator).

When you do Bills course he makes it clear that it will take at least a year for the average person to "get it". I did not believe it as of course I am way smarter than the average person.

Ooops really wrong attitude.
It DOES take longer than a year (unless you are brand new to trading and know nothing). During that year I came to believe I was WAY dumber than the average person - nice attitude for a trader to have by the way.

Anyway to cut a long story short look at PRICE action first THEN the AO.
You should have no trouble scanning for bars that Bill talks about. Some days I have 10 or 15 (out of 2100) others I have many hundreds to wade through.
Sorry to butt in but hope what I have said helps a little.
Ash
Topic: Beta 5.0 a Disappointment
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 1:51:57 AM
I agree with Flash99 in that the screen is simpler with V5 but all the goodies are still available "under the hood".
The hard part for me is that once things are removed from view I have to remember that they are still available and keep up to date with the changes in each build.
Topic: two realcodes - only one working in sf5
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:41:32 PM
Bruce - maybe a potential bug here. When I did as you suggested I got both bars (red/short green/long) together but switched over to a different chart then back again and could only get one to work at a time.
Ash
Topic: two realcodes - only one working in sf5
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:53:21 AM
Woohooo I LOVE this program. Thanks Bruce