Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

woodies cci Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
droberts55
Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 8:07:06 PM
Similar to TTM, Woodies CCI has an indicator pane with a center line based upon a Least Square MA of prices, I guess translated somehow into a Zero line.  The CCI is I think is a 7 & 3, underwhich is painted a histogram, that paints blue in an up phase, red down, & a lighter color in the 1st 5 bars, 6th bar in a trend paints white (has to do with an entry rule, don't enter till after 6 bars into a trend change for confirmation).  It also has channel bars that paint at 100+/- & 200+/-, the outer one they call the "sidewinder" bar.   Can something like this be coded up? & backtested to optimize or validate the entry & exit rules?
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 4:05:32 PM

Worden Trainer

Woodies CCI does not appear to be an Indicator. It appears to be a trading system based on the CCI Indicator (which is already included in StockFinder). It seems to have quite a few rules. It seems to have paid seminars hosted by its developer, Ken Wood. It seems to have an official club devoted to it. While quite a few of the resources do appear to be free, I'm actually not sure what intellectual property restraints might apply to our helping you implement Woodies CCI in StockFinder or how long it might take to do so if we are legally permitted to do so.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles