Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: droberts55
About
User Name: droberts55
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 66
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: 2 equity charts on one panel
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 2:40:29 PM
ok.  think I got it; thanks
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 1:57:54 PM
figured out step 1:  +price for symbol, puts 2nd symbol in new pane; change symbol, drag symbol, overlay.  perfect.
 step 2:  how do you make a new pane with ratio of these 2 prices?  I want to be able to set up pairs, & see how the ratio varies around an average, & a mean.
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 1:30:03 PM
I'd like to comine 2 opposing ETFs on one chart window.  How can I do that?   Is there a way to graph the ratio around a mean as well?
Topic: Dividend per share, div payout ratios
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:40:18 AM

what would be the best way to do scans for dividend payout ratios & coverage ratios? 
Payout ratio:  div per share / eps
Coverage ratio:  dividend per share x #shares (float) / net income (net cashflow).  

I'm on a Platinum Suite subscription which uses Morningstar data, but I that SF & TC seems to only offer Div Yield or Div Growth rate.  There is no Dividend Per Share, which would be the missing key piece of data to be able to do each of the formulae above as a Combo Condition.   Seems it would be possible to make Combo Conditions.

I was looking at TradeStation RadarScreen, which includes a PayoutRatio in its list of fundamental indicators.  http://www.tradestation.com/popups/strategy_testing/radar_indicators/default.htm trying to replicate these scans in StockFinder, which can graph fundamental....seems like it would be an advantage of SF over TS to be able to see trends in these fundamentals. 

Also, if I set up a TC column for Div Yield, I'm puzzled by dividend yields for a number of ETFs which are significantly different than what appears on the Morningstar website.  example:  DRW, shows 8% on website, 24% on TC;  BBH shows 67% on TC, N/A on website.  Why the disparity?

And why can't SF graph the dividends dates, like marketwatch.com? or better, graph both ex-div & payment dates; & earnings dates.
Topic: Dividend ratios - Payout ratio & Coverage ratio
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:15:32 PM

what would be the best way to do scans for dividend payout ratios & coverage ratios? 
Coverage ratio:  dividend per share x #shares (float) / net income (net cashflow).  

I'm on a Platinum Suite subscription which uses Morningstar data, but I that SF & TC seems to only offer Div Yield or Div Growth rate.  There is no Dividend Per Share, which would be the missing key piece of data to be able to do each of the formulae above as a Combo Condition.   Seems it would be possible to make Combo Conditions.

I was looking at TradeStation RadarScreen, which includes a PayoutRatio in its list of fundamental indicators.  http://www.tradestation.com/popups/strategy_testing/radar_indicators/default.htm trying to replicate these scans in StockFinder, which can graph fundamental....seems like it would be an advantage of SF over TS to be able to see trends in these fundamentals. 

Also, if I set up a TC column for Div Yield, I'm puzzled by dividend yields for a number of ETFs which are significantly different than what appears on the Morningstar website.  example:  DRW, shows 8% on website, 24% on TC;  BBH shows 67% on TC, N/A on website.  Why the disparity?

And why can't SF graph the dividends dates, like marketwatch.com? or better, graph both ex-div & payment dates; & earnings dates.
Topic: Dividend ratios - Payout ratio & Coverage ratio
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:40:58 PM

Morningstar data for SF seems to only offer Div Yield or Div Growth rate.  There is a CA Div per share, but when I click on that condition, the panel is blank.  I'm on a Platinum Suite subscription.   Seems that if that CA data would load, it would be possible to make Combo Conditions.

I was looking at TradeStation RadarScreen, which includes a PayoutRatio in its list of fundamental indicators.  http://www.tradestation.com/popups/strategy_testing/radar_indicators/default.htm trying to replicate these scans in StockFinder, which can graph fundamental....seems like it would be an advantage of SF over TS to be able to see trends in these fundamentals.   I had posed this question in the StockFinder 4 forum, never got a response.  
Topic: getting back into it
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:33:34 PM
Bruce,
thanks.....but, I don't know what I'm doing. a) I dragged the combo rule color button over to the Add Rule button, nothing happened, so I don't know how to drag the rule into the RC Editor; b) I clicked Add rule, selected create in RC, thenI pasted the entire thing you just sent - there was an error, something about data from somewhere else, but it then saved, & appeared on the Rule Palette - named:  "Enter if set up confirmed in 3 bars" (catchy no?).  If that color button is dragged into the backscanner, nothing really happens. 

you say 20K trades occurred? where do you se that count?  you can see my layout, right?  the results under Active Watchlist are zero (before adding the rule), I would have thought adding this rule would have narrowed the results. 

are you saying only use the 1st lines of the code you sent?

re color, you say "....rules you are laready using to paint price history...."  am I already painting PH? just with the check box for "paint when passing".  I don't actually know how to look for the editor to see that code.
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:33:00 PM
craig
I actually just got off with JC, answered a couple of the filter questions, & reminded me about combo conditions, ie., just drag one rule over the other.   so that thins down my questions to the following:
a) I'm trying to replicate conditions for a scan I read at OptionVue - conditions met = Set up, but entry Trigger = high(or low) "must be exceeded within 3 days to confirm entry".  Is there a way to do that in SF backtest?  JC suggested editing trade rule with Bars from Now, & interestingly, by bringing it to 0, results improve. But that's still not the Confirm condition I'm looking to create. 

b) Results show for the individual stocks, but not for Active WL, all zeros....wonder why

c) what's the code to paint price candles red down?

Shared layout  "DMI - Chaikin scan"
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:51:06 PM
Its been a few months since I worked with Stockfinder (class, transcripts, etc). can you refresh me?

I'm trying to do a backscan using 2 indicators, DI cross up & chaikin>0. 2 questions a) re sort in WL, & b) re conditionals

a) in WL, puzzled by filter. DI lit 5 stocks, Chaikin lit 91 stocks; I checked filter on each separately & nothing changed in WL, thought maybe it would limit the list to the 5 with both true.

b) dragged the rules to backscanner, seems entry rules scan on just the 1st condition.
also, I want to add a condition for entry "if both are true, then enter next bar above trigger bar close, within 3 bars of signal". how do you do that? I want to enter if trend continues, not if it immediately retraces
What happened to the "and then" conditions?

results show only in the individual stock, not under the Active WL box, update does nothing, results are all zeros.  Enter column shows a color box, I gues indicating that entry was based on the one rule.  I want entry to be conditioned on both true + price being above trigger bar. 

Also, is there an easy way to flip this for a short set up, or do I have to creat a new layout?
Topic: woodies cci
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 8:07:06 PM
Similar to TTM, Woodies CCI has an indicator pane with a center line based upon a Least Square MA of prices, I guess translated somehow into a Zero line.  The CCI is I think is a 7 & 3, underwhich is painted a histogram, that paints blue in an up phase, red down, & a lighter color in the 1st 5 bars, 6th bar in a trend paints white (has to do with an entry rule, don't enter till after 6 bars into a trend change for confirmation).  It also has channel bars that paint at 100+/- & 200+/-, the outer one they call the "sidewinder" bar.   Can something like this be coded up? & backtested to optimize or validate the entry & exit rules?