Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Block strategey for converging moving averages Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
gzweifler
Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 9:27:25 AM
I have a fovorite pattern that I watch for when I trade that produces good results for me.  I am not sure how I  can describe this pattern in Blocks.  

The patterns as follow:  Stock is in an up trend.   I have two averages  slow and fast. (  usually  5 and 15 period)   Stock has had a strong  surge allowing the fast average to get way ahead of the slow average.   The fast avage then move sidways or almost flat for  5 to 10 bars  ( no downward movement) allowing the slow average to catch.  Then just as the slow avage almost closes the gap the stock takes of. Both averages start to move up together.

I know this is a little complicted but Like I said this patted works for me and I would love to e able to write a strategey around it.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 11:42:13 AM

Worden Trainer

Please download the attached .scond file to:

\My Documents\Blocks Files\Tool Parts\Strategy Conditions

Once downloaded, you should be able to select Add Condition | My Computer when adding a Strategy Condition to access it.

You can use QuickEdit to adjust the settings or view the Block Diagram.

It actually doesn't implement every aspect of your Strategy, but is returning very few results as currently constructed. What it does check for:

1 - Short >= Previous Short for the five day period ending yesterday.
2 - Short increase by less than .5% per day during the five day period ending yesterday.
3 - Short > Long for the last ten days.
4 - Short getting closer to Long for each day during the five day period ending yesterday.
5 - Short within 1% of Long yesterday.

Attachments:
gzweifler26953.scond - 29 KB, downloaded 591 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles