Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Platinum Service Trial? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tbulat
Posted : Monday, January 23, 2006 9:02:06 PM
Is there a way to try the Platinum service before buying it? I am at Gold level now, paid through Sep-06 and want to try the higher level, but I want to first understand the true value of Platinum.
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:10:52 AM

Worden Trainer

There is no trial period for Platinum. We immediately bear certain expenses related to your Platinum membership...such as payment of your exchange fees for realtime data, so we are unable to offer a free trial. However, after the first month, you could cancel your Platinum membership at any time and go back to Gold. The advantages of Platinum can be noted in the Software and Pricing tab above. Also, I might suggest that you post a question in Stock and Market Talk regarding the advantages of Platinum over Gold, and you will likely get replies from different perspectives. Those comments may help you make your decision.

In my opinion, however, the best way to determine the true value of Platinum Membership is to try it for a month in your own home. Yes, you must pay the additional premium over the Gold Membership, but you ought to be able to determine in a month's time whether or not Platinum Service is worth the price for your specific needs...and finding that out first hand is worth the price.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
tbulat
Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:12:45 PM
Thanks, Doug. I have read a few reviews re Platinum, and the feedback is overwhelmengly positive. I have a few follow up-questions:

1. Do I get the same scan functionality on Platinum vs Gold?
2. What are the available timeframes, starting from the shortest to the longest?
3. Is there any delay at all as far as data streaming is concerned, i.e. 5-sec lag, etc?
4. How many stock scans and PCF's does data streaming support so that there is seamless scan/PCF updates (i.e. no delay)?

Thanks
Craig_S
Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:24:16 PM

Worden Trainer

1. The scanning is the same from Gold to Platinum

2. Tick, 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min and 60 min

3. The only delay should be delays in the connection from you to us. We do not build-in a delay.

4. PCFs and EasyScans are still based on the 20-min delayed downloaded data. You do get RT sorting (even of plotted PCFs)

Check out this video:

Real time indicator sorting (available at the Platinum level)

- Craig
Here to Help!
tbulat
Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:06:33 PM
1. Will the 1/5/10/15/30/60-min charts be stored in my memory when I am offline or want to review my trades in AH?
2. Will I be able to use PCF's/EasyScans on the above short charts with the 20-min delay downloads?

Thanks!
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, January 27, 2006 8:43:21 AM

Worden Trainer

1. The Intraday charts are not available while offline, but are available when online even when the markets are not open.

2. Personal Criteria Formulas and EasyScans are based entirely on daily data. The only techniques available to produce formulas and sorts on intraday data involve creating Custom Indicators and using Indicator Sorting (as in the video referenced in Craig's Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:24:16 PM post).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles