Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: waltmatr
About
User Name: waltmatr
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Location Redwood City, CA
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 31
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: how do I write a PCF that follows short interest ratios?
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 3:51:18 PM
Thanks.

Also, can you look into the LSIR provided in Telechart. It seems to be the same value as the flatline May-Present in Studio.

LSIR, if chartable, looks like a pretty useful number. I haven't used it very much in Telechart, because it is a single value with no historical/ patterned display possible (aside from the fact that it may not have been current, so it is just as well that I wasn't using it). I didn't know it was there in Studio until I found this discussion topic. Unfortunately, given that, in Studio, we need to either input specific symbols, or use Industry/ Group watchlists, i.e. we cannot use our own watchlists, it does lack in ease of use/ usefulness. It might be helpful to make it chartable in Telechart. Which brings this back to the original poster's question.
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 11:08:18 AM
When I zoom out, and I go though a number of symbols, I see that the flashed graph is a graph of a period between mid-May 2004 and mid-May 2005. Before and since that period are flat lines, with the since flat line probably being the one I previously wrote about, since I only had the last three months being displayed.

Does the "since" flat line mean that there have been no SIR changes in the majority of stocks, even ones that were pretty active in the May 2004-2005 period, since mid-May 2005? Or that detailed SIR data only becomes available three months later? Or that SIR data is not updated since May?

The last chart in the Video would seem to show that LSIR was available to the then present.
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 10:33:50 AM
It would be nice if the WS LSIR graph did work and look like the one in the video.

But like I wrote previously , when I click on a symbol, I get a half-second LSIR graph that looks something like that, but then in most cases, it turns into a flat line when the price data displays. Or, it may turn into a very simplified graph which is different from the half-second flashed one. This happens not only with LSIR, but also with other indicators I've tried as well. All this leaves one unsure as to what to trust.

I can send a screen shot if need be.

The last time my WS updated, it did so to version 1.0.26.1.

Posted: Friday, August 26, 2005 3:29:39 PM
Just to follow up on this a little,

1. In Worden Studio, when I have a watchlist and sort by LSIR, and I click on a specific symbol, I first get a momentary flash of what looks to be an interesting graph, which then, when the price/ volume information appears, usually ceases to display, or perhaps it is a flatline for a particular value. Or, sometimes it may end in a displayed graph, but this second is very different from the first momentarily flashed one. In the majority of cases, it ends with the no display/ flatline. Does this no display/ flatline mean there is no change. And what is the interesting graph that momentarily displays?

(A similar thing also happens with other sort by criteria, but they usually end up with the second graph display. The second sometimes looks like a highly smoothed version of the first, along the same value scale.)

2. In Telechart, what is the timeframe for, i.e potentially how old is, the number shown for LSIR- daily, weekly, monthly? When there is a second graph in Worden Studio, things seem to change on a weekly basis. (Though the momentarily flashed graph seems to change more frequently.)

3. Is LSIR not PCF-able because the value is not stored in the Telechart database on the user's computer, but it is in the database that Worden Studio taps into?

BTW. this is an oldie, but will we someday get the ability to sort by Media General Industry Group? The sorting by Industry and SubIndustry, which is nice but alphabetical, does pepper related industries and subindustries throughout a watchlist. Sorting by MGIG would more cleanly sort items in major related business fields.

Thanks.

Topic: Removing Unflagged Items in a Watchlist
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2004 4:05:08 PM
Thanks Doug,

I tried this out, and while it eventually gets me where I want to go, and it does clearly show what items are common to both, it seems not to provide an easy way of getting rid of items which should no longer be there, without having to remember what was on the sublist of commons to both and flag those which are not common to remove them.

Also, since I have several watchlists for which I do this, it is more steps/ complicated, and involves generating/ managing more new watchlists than I want to have to.

Hopefully, there will someday be a "Remove Symbols -> Unflagged" which will easily let us see after we flag and copy new into old what should no longer be there before we either choose to flag to keep some unflagged old or simply "Remove Symbols -> Unflagged" to remove unflagged old.
Topic: Removing Unflagged Items in a Watchlist
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2004 12:29:44 PM
I should know this, but is there some way to remove unflagged items in a watchlist?

For example, I have some target watchlists which I update on a weekly basis by runing an Easyscan and flagging and copying some items in the Easyscan results into the target watchlist. In the Target Watchlist, I want to see the original unflagged items plus the flagged newly copied-over items (some of which were already in the Target Watchlist and are now flagged), before I then Remove any no longer wanted unflagged items.
Topic: Replies to " Click the New Topic button to ask your question..."
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 10:56:44 AM
I always found it helpful when new verions with new features/ capabilities were demonstrated live and interactively with an audience. A web-based format like the one you seem to be moving to does not do so as well. It may be good for the basics, but not for the fuller range of possibilities, some of which come up in questions/ conversations with other attendees.

How will you let people know about any future seminars? Will they become a link/ page off the new Training page on the new Worden Research? Or via other media such as IBD, etc.?

And I know you probably can't say, but are there any plans for a new version release in the near future?
Topic: Replies to " Click the New Topic button to ask your question..."
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 4:41:47 PM
Does this mean that you no longer have trainers doing training sessions around the country?

Will this also be the case as new versions with enhanced capabilities are released?