Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Removing Unflagged Items in a Watchlist Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
waltmatr
Posted : Monday, December 6, 2004 12:29:44 PM
I should know this, but is there some way to remove unflagged items in a watchlist?

For example, I have some target watchlists which I update on a weekly basis by runing an Easyscan and flagging and copying some items in the Easyscan results into the target watchlist. In the Target Watchlist, I want to see the original unflagged items plus the flagged newly copied-over items (some of which were already in the Target Watchlist and are now flagged), before I then Remove any no longer wanted unflagged items.
Doug_H
Posted : Monday, December 6, 2004 1:10:19 PM

Worden Trainer

Here's one possible solution for you.

Each week when you run the scan and flag some stocks, copy the flagged stocks into a new Target WatchList (not last week's), and include the date in the name of the WatchList. Now you've got last week's list in one WatchList, and this week's results in a new WatchList. Make last week's list your active WatchList. Then apply this week’s WatchList as a sublist. The result will be a list that includes all of the stocks that were on the list last week and are on the list again this week.

Once you’ve seen that, I understand that you may want to remove some of the stocks in last week’s list. Flag those stocks, and then remove the flagged items from the watchlist.

Finally, flag all of the remaining stocks in last week’s list. Click on WatchList / Copy Symbols to Other List / Flagged Symbols, and choose this week’s list as the destination.

The final result will be a Target List with the new date, and it will include this week’s stocks, plus those from last week that you did not remove before combining the lists.

Here is a link to a video about using the SubList feature in case you're not familiar with that.

http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13

- Doug
Teaching Online!
waltmatr
Posted : Monday, December 6, 2004 4:05:08 PM
Thanks Doug,

I tried this out, and while it eventually gets me where I want to go, and it does clearly show what items are common to both, it seems not to provide an easy way of getting rid of items which should no longer be there, without having to remember what was on the sublist of commons to both and flag those which are not common to remove them.

Also, since I have several watchlists for which I do this, it is more steps/ complicated, and involves generating/ managing more new watchlists than I want to have to.

Hopefully, there will someday be a "Remove Symbols -> Unflagged" which will easily let us see after we flag and copy new into old what should no longer be there before we either choose to flag to keep some unflagged old or simply "Remove Symbols -> Unflagged" to remove unflagged old.
Doug_H
Posted : Monday, December 6, 2004 4:08:11 PM

Worden Trainer

I'll make sure the Remove Symbols - Unflagged suggestion is posted in the product suggestion forum.

- Doug
Teaching Online!