Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: KikiBruce
About
User Name: KikiBruce
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Managing backups on Worden's server
Posted: Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:16:24 AM

Is there a way to manage your old backups that have been made to Worden's server (the .tcr files)?  I've looked with TCv7 menus, within the popup box for Backup/Restore, and within my account on worden.com.  How do you delete old backups?

Topic: Trading for a living.
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 12:40:17 PM
So even though you (Worden) know what my email is, as defined under the "my email preferences" link, there is no anonymous re-mailer capability within the discussion boards, a la Craiglist...? hmm... Time for an upgrade!!
Topic: Trading for a living.
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 12:00:52 PM
Posting to this thread to bump the topic... </bump/>

After reading through this entire thread, spanning back to late 2004, this is the closest to what my question is, but still not quite....

I think there *have* to be some traders making a living at this within our community, otherwise the only ones making any money on this deal are Don and Peter..... Maybe some of the success stories aren't being told for fear of being inundated with requests for tips, or for fear of revealing the system that's making you your living and thereby killing your golden goose. I can't speak for anyone else reading this, but let me reassure you, that's not what I'm looking for.

My situation is that through paper trades as well as real trades, I'm doing well enough to begin to entertain the idea that maybe, possibly, within the next 2-3 years, I *might* begin to be able to think about being able (enough qualifiers/limiters for everyone??? ) to leave the day-job. The biggest limiters right now are non-trading/market related (for example: being single, what do I do about health insurance, and how expensive would it be if it's even available to someone who's had an 'uninsurable major event' within the past 5 yrs?), but also some that are: I haven't reliably made money in a down-market yet, and I just had an eye-opening pair of occurrences that tell me I don't have a "trader's mindset" quite yet: not knowing my entire financial picture well enough to know that I wasn't pulling the trigger on "dead money" soon enough: had $10K sitting in an Ameritrade account (normally trade out of my Fidelity account) for 2 yrs that was opened only to get a new Palm Tungsten T3 and should've been closed after the required 6 months had passed, and $70K sitting in an employee-stock-purchase-program that has, on average, basically only made me about 1% per year for the last 6 years. First one was simple forgetfulness, the second one is of greater concern to me not only because of the dollar amount, but because of the rationalizations/delusions I told myself to justify staying in the plan ("But the Company gives me a 15% discount! And matches 5%!") Conditions of the plan in re-setting the purchase price only twice per year were such that even those benefits didn't overcome the bear market of 2000-2002, and recent changes to the plan now limit the discount to only 5% with no match. First is resolved, second is underway.

What I'm most curious about is: for the TC users that are using TC to trade for a living (and when I say "TC", I mean any/all product/products within the Worden Universe: stocks, mutual funds, TC Platinum, TCNet, whatever....), what criteria needed to be met for you to decide "I've made it! I can trade for a living and leave the day-job!" Was it a fixed dollar amount ("OK, I'm reliably, regularly making $60K/yr, I can leave the day-job!")? Was it a fixed percentage ("OK, I'm reliably, regularly making 30% per year, I can leave the day-job!")? Was it once you'd built up a disaster account (if for whatever reason you decide to step out of the market and stop trading for 6 months, you have the cash for not only those 6 months, but enough capital to start up trading again in 6 months)? A certain dollar amount of capital? A combination of some of these ("OK, now that I'm at $300K of cash to invest, I can make it even if I only make 10% per year.")? Something else? All of the above??

I know the answers will be different for different traders, I'm just wondering if one criterion bubbles to the top..... Responses can be posted here, or if you email me I assure that it will stay confidential and never be posted/forwarded to anyone.
Topic: Just upgraded to version .42, very pleased....
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2005 11:33:32 PM
I have to agree with justinqueree, release 42 seems to be much less stable than 29. Since upgrading to this version, I frequently get crashes on start-up or shutdown, and data updates have yet to be accomplished in one pass; it usually takes at least 2 times to get all the data because the download hangs, and I often still have to go back and manually update PCF's after data downloading is complete.

There should be a comprehensive list of what's changed with each release so I can decide if I want to install it or not, an option to say "Remind me about upgrading in XX days (60, 90)" instead of being harassed every time the program is launched, and a way to revert back to at least one version prior, in case after install I don't like what's been done....
Topic: Watchlist sorted by date added to the watchlist
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2005 1:06:14 PM
ah-HA! That's exactly what I wanted! Must be a new feature of TC05; I haven't had a chance to explore everything (just downloaded the update yesterday), but the downloadable installation, faster data downloads and much *much* faster chart re-calculations would be worth it alone..... Thanks!
Topic: Watchlist sorted by date added to the watchlist
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2005 12:36:24 PM
I've looked in the helpfiles as well as numerous postings in this forum but can't find the info I'm looking for, so my apologies if I'm asking a common question and just not looking in the right place. What I'm looking for a way to sort a watchlist by the date the stock symbols were added to the watchlist. The information has to be in the database somewhere, because when you roll your pointer over the triangle that flags the date-added, it'll tell you it's been in there X-days, along with net change, %-change, annual %-change, etc.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to do this in the TC05 watchlist, so that you can spacebar through the watchlist sorted by date-added, but exporting it through Databank->Export so that it could be brought into Excel would be an alternative, though that field doesn't appear to be one that's available for export.

I've also looked at the report that results from Reports->WatchList Tracking, but there isn't a way to export or even cut-and-paste that info. Additionally, by clicking on the Date Added field, it appears to be sorting the data like a text-string, not a date field (a stock added to one of my lists on 2/3/2005 sorts higher than one added 2/23/2005).

Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do?