Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Watchlist sorted by date added to the watchlist Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
KikiBruce
Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 12:36:24 PM
I've looked in the helpfiles as well as numerous postings in this forum but can't find the info I'm looking for, so my apologies if I'm asking a common question and just not looking in the right place. What I'm looking for a way to sort a watchlist by the date the stock symbols were added to the watchlist. The information has to be in the database somewhere, because when you roll your pointer over the triangle that flags the date-added, it'll tell you it's been in there X-days, along with net change, %-change, annual %-change, etc.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to do this in the TC05 watchlist, so that you can spacebar through the watchlist sorted by date-added, but exporting it through Databank->Export so that it could be brought into Excel would be an alternative, though that field doesn't appear to be one that's available for export.

I've also looked at the report that results from Reports->WatchList Tracking, but there isn't a way to export or even cut-and-paste that info. Additionally, by clicking on the Date Added field, it appears to be sorting the data like a text-string, not a date field (a stock added to one of my lists on 2/3/2005 sorts higher than one added 2/23/2005).

Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do?
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 12:40:41 PM

Worden Trainer

You can sort by TRACKING DAYS IN LIST. It displays and sorts by the number of days the ticker has been in the personal WatchList. I think this is what you are looking for.

Click your SORTED BY (under the name of your WatchList) and type in TRACKING to see all of the sorts associated with WatchList tracking.

- Craig
Here to Help!
KikiBruce
Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 1:06:14 PM
ah-HA! That's exactly what I wanted! Must be a new feature of TC05; I haven't had a chance to explore everything (just downloaded the update yesterday), but the downloadable installation, faster data downloads and much *much* faster chart re-calculations would be worth it alone..... Thanks!
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 1:08:29 PM

Worden Trainer

My pleasure!

- Craig
Here to Help!