Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: JordanS
About
User Name: JordanS
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 97
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RSI Wilder PCF code
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:41:07 AM
Oddly enough, I was actually about to ask a question about scanning with RSI using Wilder's Smoothing as well, so I guess I migth as well do it in this thread.  Basically, the is how I have the indicator set up on my charts -- the Wilder's Smoothing option is checked.  However, I just wrote a pcf using RSI, and got very different results from what I got when sorting by right-clicking on the RSI indicator on my charts and selecting "Actual Value."  I realized fairly quickly that the reason for this is that the "RSI" build into the pcf language apparently does NOT use Wilder's Smoothing. 

My question, therefore, is, is there a way to reflect in pcf language an RSI with a period of 2, average of Avg Period of 1, Exponential average type, and, of course, Wilder's Smoothing?  Furthermore, if so, what would be the formula for yesterday's value?  What I'm trying to get at is "yesterday's RSI value (with the settings I listed) above 95."  Obviously, the "above 95" part isn't the problem -- what comes before it is.  Thanks.
Topic: ConnorsRSI possible?
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:42:23 PM
Okay, thanks, but it's a bit ambiguous how this actually turned out.  Toward the end of that long thread, there was an indication that there were plans to add the ConnorsRSI to TC2000.  That was a little over a year ago now, and unless I'm missing something, it doesn't appear to have been added.  Can I assume that's just not going to happen?
Topic: ConnorsRSI possible?
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 1:09:15 PM

Please see the Connors RSI (CRSI) topic for improved syntax in TC2000 v17+.

Hi.  I've been doing some reading on an indicator called the ConnorsRSI, obviously developed by Connors Research, and would love to be able to scan for setups using this indicator.  I know it's a proprietary indicator, so this may be difficult for more reasons than one, but has anyone come up with a way to program the ConnorsRSI into TC as a custom indicator?  Thanks.

Topic: A/D Indicator?
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 4:55:25 PM
Topic: A/D Indicator?
Posted: Sunday, March 9, 2014 9:52:55 PM
Hi.  Quite simply, I'm looking for a custom indicator formula for the Accumulation/Distribution indicator/oscillator.  Is this possible?  Thank you.
Topic: Negative %b pcf
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:36:31 PM

Okay, and can I assume that the same would hold true when writing a pcf?  That is, it would be the %b forumula (which I know) < -.10?

Topic: Negative %b pcf
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:28:28 PM
Hi.  Hi would I express the following?:

Today&#39;s %b value is less then negative 10? 

I keep trying, and keep getting weird results.  I think one thing that might be tripping me up is getting confused over when to use decimals, if that makes sense.  Remember, I&#39;m looking for 10% below the lower Bollinger Band, not .1% below. 

Thanks.
Topic: Regular RSI?
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:02:41 AM

I appreciate that, but I&#39;m trying to trade a system that, for some reason or another, just uses a plain-old RSI.  So, is there, in fact, any way to replicate that version of the indicator in TC?  Thanks again.

Topic: Regular RSI?
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:01:58 AM
Hi.  Sorry if this is kind of a basic question, but it&#39;s just an indicator I actually haven&#39;t had to use a lot before.  Quite simply, I know that TC has the "Wilder&#39;s RSI," but what about the "regular" (I guess you could say "non-Wilder&#39;s) RSI, which I believe is a different indicator.  Quite simply, is there any way to derive the non-Wilder&#39;s version from the version you have by altering the settings?  If not, is there a custom indicator formula for this one?  Thanks.
Topic: Alternate %b setting?
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:08:24 AM

Hi.  Instead of the usual 20,2, what would the formula be for %b with the Bollinger Band settings of 5-day MA, 1 SD?  Also, what would be the "yesterday" version of that formula?  Thanks as always.