Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

A/D Indicator? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
JordanS
Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2014 9:52:55 PM
Hi.  Quite simply, I'm looking for a custom indicator formula for the Accumulation/Distribution indicator/oscillator.  Is this possible?  Thank you.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 2:05:21 PM

Worden Trainer

The creation of both Williams Accumulate Distribute Indicator and the original Williams Accumulation Distribution Indicator as Custom Indicators in TC2000 version 7 is covered in the To create a scan to find high TSV 18 and high William's A/D indicator topic.

That said, both indicators are cumulative indicators and are not oscillators. If you have a different indicator in mind, we would need further clarification from you.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
JordanS
Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 4:55:25 PM
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:34:50 PM

Worden Trainer

There are a few different ways I have seen this formula used. I'm guessing you just plotted it as a Custom PCF Indicator. This is going to create an indicator which on its own will quickly go up and down through zero from bar to bar.

You can set the Period to something besides 1 and set the Average Type to Simple, Exponential or Front Weighted to add a built in moving average to the Custom PCF Indicator. This will create an oscillator which will go up and down through zero in a smoother way.

It can be added as a Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator (this is how I have seen it used most commonly). This version will add the volume of the Custom PCF Indicator version to the previous value of the Custom PCF Indicator. This means the actual value is meaningless, but can give you a good idea of the how it is behaving long term.

- Up Condition: C > C - 1
- Down Condition: C < C - 1
- Value to Add Subtract: (C - O) / (H - L - (H = L)) * V

And I have also seen where a long moving average of the formula is subtracted from a short moving average of the formula. Since this is essentially just a MACD, you can add a MACD indicator to the chart and Change Data Source to use a Custom PCF Indicator based on the formula as the data source for the MACD.

Change Data Source

This last technique only works in TC2000 version 12.4. You cannot do it in TC2000 version 7.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles