Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: DavMcKin
About
User Name: DavMcKin
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 31
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Notes feature
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 11:48:36 AM

I agree whole heartedly with Busterram's comments (and probably many other users who haven't posted do too - especially if they used V2007).

1.  I would much rather see the time stamp rather than the number of days - or at least be able to have the option of whether I wanted to see a time stamp or the number of days.

2.  I would much rather see the chart that is attached to the note be exactly I as I saw it when I wrote the note rather than what it currently looks like.  This is especially important when going back through history since you no longer support seeing more than 500 bars (I'm still fuming over that one and regularly use V2007 because of it).  If the note was written more than 500 bars ago - you can't even see what the chart looked like with the new software!!!  The ability to view more than 500 bars becomes even more critical when viewing say 5 min time-frames like I regularly do.

3.  I would also like the ability to edit notes after they have been written.  Sometimes a few days later I want to go back and add or change something to a particular note (for example I forgot to put something in or entered it incorrectly to begin with) rather than adding a new note.

4. I would like an easy method of being able to scan or create a watchlist that has only my notes - not worden's notes. Then scroll down through the list with the notes being displayed with each chart. This too was an awesome feature of V2007 - the notes were displayed below the watchlist and the chart on the right side of the screen.

At some point, I hope you guys will make these changes as they were such great features of your legacy version 2007 - I still really miss some of the features you had in the V2007 program and am still curious as to why some of these important features were not moved forward with the software.

We really appreciate your efforts to implement these changes!!!!!!

Topic: Hull Moving Average PCF Indicator
Posted: Saturday, August 9, 2014 11:36:56 AM

Bruce,

Could you post the formula for a 20 Week Hull Moving Average like the 20 Day HMA you posted on 05/10/10?  Or would just changing the time frame in the PCF editor to weekly work?

Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:01:10 AM

Bruce,

Do you have an excel spreadsheet to calculate Hull Moving Average?  If so, would there be anyway that I (we) could get a copy of it?

Also, please add Hull MA to the list of indicators for the program.

Thanks.

Topic: TC 2000 - V7
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 5:29:08 PM

Is TC 2000 - V7 compatible with windows 8.1?  It quit working recently (my computer upgraded to windows 8.1).  I've uninstalled it and re-installed, but, keep getting the same error message "TCNet has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".  Well obviously - no solution is available.

This gives me another reason to RANT LOUDLY about how important the capability to download the information is because - I travel a lot and rarely have internet connection when I want to use the program - thus, the reason I still utilize TC 2000 V7.  Even if you could make the new version to where you download only those symbols in a watchlist would work beautifully!!!

I hope this issue can be resolved!

Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 8:00:23 PM

Bruce - could you provide a more generic formula for the Hull Moving Average - something on the order of X * C + Y * C1......  and what x, y, etc. consist of.  I'm looking at entering PCFs for HULL MAs of different time frames than you've listed (9, 20, 40, 100, etc) and unfortunately haven't been able to figure out how the numbers for each are calculated.

I would also like to add a suggestion - please add the Hull Moving Average as a PCF so that all we have to do is call it and enter a number of periods, etc. 

Topic: Assigning a date to a note
Posted: Monday, April 1, 2013 10:58:34 AM

Please add the following suggestions:  (1) Add the ability to edit a previously entered note.  (2) Add the ability to have the chart associated with a note open in a watchlist screen (right now it opens in a small floating window - which you then have to pull open for each symbol you want to look at).   (3) Add the ability to see the original chart at the time you entered the note, not the current chart, just like it did in TC2007 (or have a preferences setting to pull up which one you generally want to see - either the previous one associated with the note or the current chart). (4) Add the ability to see more than 500 bars of data - this is an extremely limiting function of the newer versions.  (5) Add the ability to have a version that will operate without having to be connected to the internet.

Topic: Fundamental Information Sheet
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:40:39 PM

Please add fundamental data sheets to the suggestion list.

Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:39:46 PM

Is there anyway to make a watchlist out of the stocks that you have added personal notes to (i.e. the personal notes feed window - without adding those from worden, etc.)?  If not, please add this as a suggestion.

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:21:31 PM

When is the ability to edit a note (like in TC 2007) going to be implemented?  In TC2007 - I use to add to existing notes to easier evaluate how the stock did compared to what I thought it was going to do.

Additionally - There is no date / timestamp you have to manually add them.

Lastly, is there anyway to get the chart to open in the displayed window rather than opening in a new window - and open to the chart that was displayed when you saved the note (rather than the current one).  In other words - how TC 2007 worked.  IMO - far more functional and useful for traders rather than for social media.

Topic: Fundamental Information Sheet
Posted: Friday, August 3, 2012 12:24:59 AM

How do you view the entire set of fundamentals for a given stock?  In TC2007, you just selected the fundamentals icon and the entire sheet came up (instead of the chart).  How do you do this in V12?