Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Assigning a date to a note Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
stocker19
Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:46:44 PM

In the past I could set the date I wanted the note to correspond to.  It seems now I can only have the date of the note be on the date it is written.  If I want a note written today to appear at a previous date, is it possible do so?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:05:34 PM

Worden Trainer

It is not possible to create a Personal Note for a past date or edit a Personal Note in TC2000 version 12.3. It is possible to create Personal Note for a past date when it is created in TC2000 version 7.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
DavMcKin
Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:21:31 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

When is the ability to edit a note (like in TC 2007) going to be implemented?  In TC2007 - I use to add to existing notes to easier evaluate how the stock did compared to what I thought it was going to do.

Additionally - There is no date / timestamp you have to manually add them.

Lastly, is there anyway to get the chart to open in the displayed window rather than opening in a new window - and open to the chart that was displayed when you saved the note (rather than the current one).  In other words - how TC 2007 worked.  IMO - far more functional and useful for traders rather than for social media.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:41:20 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know when or if any particular bug fix or feature suggestion might be implemented.

It is not possible to force the the note chart to open in a current chart window instead of opening a new chart or to force the chart to open to the past date instead of the current date.

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 10393.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
DavMcKin
Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:39:46 PM

Is there anyway to make a watchlist out of the stocks that you have added personal notes to (i.e. the personal notes feed window - without adding those from worden, etc.)?  If not, please add this as a suggestion.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 1:00:03 PM

Worden Trainer

There is no way to filter the My Notes WatchList by author. Peter Worden and Donald Worden are going to be on your friends list by default and they write a lot of public notes which you would be able to see.

If you need to get rid of their notes to be able to find your notes, you could stop being friends with Peter Worden and Donald Worden by selecting Social | Friends | Friends and clicking the Xs next to their names. They will automatically accept your friends request if you want to re-add them. Any other friends you deleted would need to manually approve a friends request to get re-added however.

That said, if you select Notes & News | My Notes from the menu in TC2000 version 12.3, it will bring up only your own Personal Notes. If you check symbol, it will list symbols with notes. The result is just not a normal WatchList which can be selected as the Active WatchList.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
DavMcKin
Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 10:58:34 AM

Please add the following suggestions:  (1) Add the ability to edit a previously entered note.  (2) Add the ability to have the chart associated with a note open in a watchlist screen (right now it opens in a small floating window - which you then have to pull open for each symbol you want to look at).   (3) Add the ability to see the original chart at the time you entered the note, not the current chart, just like it did in TC2007 (or have a preferences setting to pull up which one you generally want to see - either the previous one associated with the note or the current chart). (4) Add the ability to see more than 500 bars of data - this is an extremely limiting function of the newer versions.  (5) Add the ability to have a version that will operate without having to be connected to the internet.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:59:05 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestions.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles