Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Notes feature Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
busterram
Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:01:52 PM

1. Is there a way to reference the notes by timestamp and not my elapsed time. It says (approximate) 1 hour ago or 10 mins ago. Instead i wanted it to show the actual timestamp like 10:10 Am or 11:00 Am etc as I find that more useful.

2. By default when I wrote note it attaches a chart. Possible to disable that so only post text and not charts?

3. Is there a way to save the symbol linking color in the notes. I set it say for yellow color. Then I close it and restart the note again, it goes back to blue. So everytime I close and open the notes I need to set the symbol linking color again which is little painful. 

4. Is there a way to export my timestamp notes at the end of the day as text? 

Notes is a very powerful feature but has small quirks.

Thank you for your help.

B

Jessica_R
Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:18:25 PM

Worden Staff

busterram,

1. When looking at your Notes Window, you can hover over the elapsed time to view the actual date and time the note was written. 

2. There is no way to disable the attachment of a chart when you write a note. Notes are symbol specific and they must have a chart associated with it. 

3. There is not a way to save the symbol linking color in the notes. 

4. There is no way to export any of your notes data. 

I will be happy to forward these suggestions to our development team on your behalf. 

busterram
Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:56:56 PM
Jessica,
Thank  you for the response. Appreciate it.

1. I am aware of the workaround. But is quite painful to constantly hover over to get the timestamp for each comment. Displaying the actual timestamp would be 100x easier to use.

2. The challenge with this feature is, if it takes a picture of the chart and attaches itself based on what I saw its useful. Right now it opens the whole chart with all new bars which i can already do when i review the chart and its comments. More importantly the comment I enter is based on a particular timeframe or may be even more but that context is not preserved in attaching a chart. So the current implementation of attaching a chart without the above is not very useful. It has lot of room for making it more useful by adding a static picture of the chart and adding the timeframe context to it.

3. Very important to be able to save symbol linking. After setting it up few times it becomes annoying to be able to constantly do those things again and again.

4. Export the comments I entered is super important with timestamp. Of all the enhancements needed, this is very critical.

Please do the needful to send this feedback to your development team. Hope some of this can be addressed in the near feature. The two most important enhancement which does not sound complicated to add would be to add the timestamp and allow exporting. Just those two simple enhancements will go a long way to make the notes feature super useful. Others can come much later.

Appreciate your help in following up on this feature.
B
DavMcKin
Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:48:36 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I agree whole heartedly with Busterram's comments (and probably many other users who haven't posted do too - especially if they used V2007).

1.  I would much rather see the time stamp rather than the number of days - or at least be able to have the option of whether I wanted to see a time stamp or the number of days.

2.  I would much rather see the chart that is attached to the note be exactly I as I saw it when I wrote the note rather than what it currently looks like.  This is especially important when going back through history since you no longer support seeing more than 500 bars (I'm still fuming over that one and regularly use V2007 because of it).  If the note was written more than 500 bars ago - you can't even see what the chart looked like with the new software!!!  The ability to view more than 500 bars becomes even more critical when viewing say 5 min time-frames like I regularly do.

3.  I would also like the ability to edit notes after they have been written.  Sometimes a few days later I want to go back and add or change something to a particular note (for example I forgot to put something in or entered it incorrectly to begin with) rather than adding a new note.

4. I would like an easy method of being able to scan or create a watchlist that has only my notes - not worden's notes. Then scroll down through the list with the notes being displayed with each chart. This too was an awesome feature of V2007 - the notes were displayed below the watchlist and the chart on the right side of the screen.

At some point, I hope you guys will make these changes as they were such great features of your legacy version 2007 - I still really miss some of the features you had in the V2007 program and am still curious as to why some of these important features were not moved forward with the software.

We really appreciate your efforts to implement these changes!!!!!!

Jessica_R
Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:52:37 AM

Worden Staff

DavMckin,

Thank you for your suggestions. I have forwarded them to our developers on your behalf. 

bobkat
Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:22:07 PM

I'd like to throw in my vote for capability to Export Notes.  Specifically, I'd like to Export all Personal Notes for a particular symbol to a text file.  Preferably this would be All at once for a defined timeframe, but I'd settle for either ALL or even One-at-a-time.  As-is with TC12 I don't even see a way to copy an existing note for use as a template for related notes.  I guess I was spoiled by the Notes capabilities of TC2007.  Thanks for your consideration.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:27:27 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for the suggestion. Your vote has been added.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
gordonerlebach
Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 3:53:45 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I would like the notes to be exportable as well: all the notes within a date range. Honestly, I really wander why the developers made the decisions they did given that exporting notes and displaying them in ascii format is so much easier to implement than the approach used. I have done this myself in software I have developed. Thanks.

Perhaps the developers could provide us with feedback and rationale? 

Gordon