Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Oldern
About
User Name: Oldern
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: paper Trade
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:56:21 PM

Here are some videos on Papertrade  through TradeFire, now TC2000 Brokerage???  I received this through email.

Before integration with TC2000, we offered our own platform very similar to TC2000. When this was the case, we had videos and support articles. These are no longer at www.TradeFire.com since we have transitioned into TC2000 integration.

However, here are those sources:

http://help.tradefire.com/m/32582

Ernest Allen

Topic: Webinar
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 10:35:04 AM

Thanks.  This is good to know.

Ernest

Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 6:11:19 PM

Thank you.  It sounds great.  I have to say, in all honesty, I could stay busy for months studying the videos already posted-but, bring 'em on.  I will benefit greatly from them.

I guess it's too late to ask where the TC2000 V 7 videos went to.  There was a lot of good material there.

Ernest

Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 3:18:39 PM

Hello Bruce,

I would like to know the latest on new education program. 

Ernest Allen

Topic: My Chart Names not completely alphabetized
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 5:10:38 PM

I have added and/or edited the names of some of My Charts and some aren't listed alphabetically.

Any suggestions?  (Win 7, Version 12.4)

Ernest

Topic: Using Submissions by users in new version 12
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:29:39 PM

Bruce,

I don't blame you for hoping there wasn't another question there.  My reference was to all of my questions from the very first post.  

All I wanted in the beginning were some suggestions on how one could set up a bunch of those strategies in the old Worden Reports, which I thought would be a couple of paragraphs.  As I mentioned, I hadn't gotten used to all the changes (some subtle and some not so subtle) in terminology over the years.

When I got your post with all the detailed line by line instructions I felt lousy for putting you to all that work.  (I hope you have a program that outputs written instructions for each step you take in responses to the folks.)  

Again, I just want to reiterate how much I benefitted from having the details the way you laid them out. Until I get weaned, I'll use them continuously.

ela237

Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 5:04:46 PM

Bruce,

Again, thanks for responding.

Maybe this last attempt will help to clarify my questions which were not clear at all.

All of them had to do with organization-whether layouts, workspaces, tabs, whether more than one layout, whether to have a layout group or not, and etc.  But I have  worked through much  of that.  Let me tell you how.

Using your very detailed instructions on how to setup two strategies, I did just that.  And I want you to know that your instructions have proven to be of inestimable value to me.  I have since set up two more strategies and plan to do several more, mainly for training..  I am getting familiar with Ver 12 much easier.  Thanks to your instructions.

I couldn't have done this in a week w/o them.  You did good!

Many, many thank.

ela237

Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:07:40 PM

Thank you very much for all the effort you put into your response.  I promise you I'll work through it.

I'll try to let you know later how I did.

Again, I apprciate very much your help.

ela237

Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:22:12 PM

Bruce, for some reason, your program substitutes some odd characters for the "quote" symbols produced on Word Perfect.  I composed this message "offline" then pasted it.  That apparently is a "no no."  I couldn't read what I thought so I edited my message. I hope it doesn't confuse you.

Thank you Bruce for responding and I apologize for my lengthy posts.

Let me clarify my problem somewhat.  I misspoke when I referenced Version 7.  I'm referring to some  differences between terminology in Ver 4-5, circa 2000-2005, prior to Ver 7.  I am familiar with Ver 7  primarily from reading and watching the videos.

Craig discussed layouts in a video on 10/06/04 which I watched.  So, yes, the term "layouts"  has been around a long time-maybe from the beginning.

In the  video, "The Fastest Way to Get Started with Version 12," Michael Thompson discusses what appears to be layouts but seems to be referring to them as work spaces.  He refers to the collection of layouts as a desktop.  Again, I think he says a collection of workspaces.  I could be wrong on this.  And when he opens a new blank file to build on, it is listed as a "blank workspace."  One of his "work spaces" is titled "Sample layout."  And I see the workbook for Version 12.3 specifically refers to the TC Classic and TC Classic+ as "Layouts." 

I can't remember where it showed up, but it seems like there was another term used somewhere in a video, that meant the same as "desktop".  At any rate, I apologize for not being able to follow the nuances over the last 14 years.

To be precise, The only terms I was wrestling with were "layouts, layout tabs, layout groups, work spaces,  and now desktops".  I couldn"t figure how to proceed and wasted a lot of time

I wanted to set up several strategies found in the Worden Reports, study them, and see if I couldn’t develop a trading strategy for myself.   But I couldn"t decide how to set them up and organize them and begin to flounder.  Organizing them as a group is important because I may have to go through a number of them before I learn enough procedure and develop a strategy for myself.

Bruce would you please pick either of the two Worden Reports for April 9, 2003 or July 11, 2003?  Describe in words how you would set it up today?   The only reason I chose them is that they both use two charts (or tabs as they are referred in the WR).  One of them uses scans as well.

A general description of how you would set one (I'll take both if possible) up is what I'm asking for.  This may get me over a stumbling block and on to the hard part-learning to trade.

Many thanks.

Ernest

Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:03:34 PM

Thank you Bruce for responding and I apologize for my lengthy posts.

Let me clarify my problem somewhat.  I misspoke when I referenced Version 7.  I’m referring to some  differences between terminology in Ver 4-5, circa 2000-2005, prior to Ver 7.  I am familiar with Ver 7  primarily from reading and watching the videos.

Craig discussed layouts in a video on 10/06/04 which I watched.  So, yes, the term "layouts"  has been around a long time-maybe from the beginning.

In the  video, “The Fastest Way to Get Started with Version 12," Michael Thompson discusses what appears to be layouts but seems to be referring to them as work spaces.  He refers to the collection of layouts as a desktop.  Again, I think he says a collection of workspaces.  I could be wrong on this.  And when he opens a new blank file to build on, it is listed as a “blank workspace.”  One of his “work spaces” is titled “Sample layout.”  And I see the workbook for Version 12.3 specifically refers to the TC Classic and TC Classic+” as “Layouts.” 

I can’t remember where it showed up, but it seems like there was another term used somewhere in a video, that meant the same as “desktop”.  At any rate, I apologize for not being able to follow the nuances over the last 14 years.

To be precise, The only terms I was wrestling with were “layouts, layout tabs, layout groups, work spaces,  and now desktops”.  I couldn’t figure how to proceed and wasted a lot of time

I wanted to set up several strategies found in the Worden Reports, study them, and see if I couldn’t develop a trading strategy for myself.   But I couldn’t decide how to set them up and organize them and begin to flounder.  Organizing them as a group is important because I may have to go through a number of them before I learn enough procedure and develop a strategy for myself.

Bruce would you please pick either of the two Worden Reports for April 9, 2003 or July 11, 2003?  Describe in words how you would set it up today?   The only reason I chose them is that they both use two charts (or tabs as they are referred in the WR).  One of them uses scans as well.

A general description of how you would set one (I’ll take both if possible) up is what I’m asking for.  This may get me over a stumbling block and on to the hard part-learning to trade.

Many thanks.

Ernest