Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Using Submissions by users in new version 12 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Oldern
Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 3:54:02 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I want to create several setups using some of the "Knights of the Roundtable" submissions to Mr. Don Worden who printed them in old Worden Reports (WR).  My purpose is to use these as study guides to become familiar with TC2000 Version 12 and how the various indicators, scans and conditions  are created and how they work.  Once I get them set up and start using them through paper trading, I hope to develop a trading strategy for myself perhaps by adapting and modifying one of these strategies or combining parts from several.

One of my problems is how to organize these setups.  For example, WR of June 19, 2001, requires that three tabs be set up.  Another example from WR of July 11, 2003, requires the use of two  charts.  WR of April  9, 2003 describes a "simple scan" that will give a Swing Universe.  Many, if not most use PCFS, watchlists, and scans.  I'm not sure if they were referred to as "EasyScans" or not back then.  I have also seen references to "workspaces", desktops, layouts, layout groups.  And now of course we also have Condition (PCF) Formulas and Indicator (PCF) Formulas.

I need to know how to relate the terms used back then to the terms used now.  If I recreated  the settings in WR June 19, 2001 with two tabs does this become a layout tab?  What about a strategy which only uses one chart?  Would this become a chart template or a layout?

What if these two tabs mentioned in the previous paragraph could be used  in multiple situations as well as together as in this example?  Would I save each as a chat template?

I have looked at all of the videos but not in a hands on chart. but will review anyone you point out.  The only way I will become proficient with the program is to start constructing charts, layouts, indicators, and conditions.  But I did want to start with one or several of these strategies because most, if not all of them have instructions on how to apply them and I believe that is indispensable.

I have more questions but give me some starting instructions.  Hopefully, you will see what I am trying to do.

It really goes without saying, the older submissions by users are invaluable.  I noticed there aren't a lot of postings to the discussion board.  Is this because more people are using platinum and are sharing their ideas  on the users platform?

I'll be working on the current version 12 program.  And I'm looking forward to some comments so I can get going.

Many thanks.

diceman
Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 4:34:31 PM

If you havent done so already the first thing would probaly be to watch the help videos.

I would think most things are easier in V12 vs the older software.

Thanks

Oldern
Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 6:26:09 PM

Anticipating this suggestion, I mentioned that I have watched all the videos, or at least  85% of them.  I think though, that just watching them without any current context, you don't retain as much as you should.  At least I don't or didn't.

Back years ago, I worked  a pretty good bit with ver  2007, studying the indicators, learning how to create PCFs, scans, and in general learned the program.  However, I never really understood how the indicators worked.  Learning if A resulted then I should assume B never helped me enough to understand and use  techical analysis and to read charts.  So I dropped out to do different things.That is changed now somewhat with  the reading I've done.

I think what I need is to transition from the old terminology and way of doing things in ver 2007, over into the new methodology in Ver 12.  I need to become efficient quickly at using the various features available in the program so this part of the learning process becomes second nature.

At the risk of repeating myself, if I understood how to set up and organize several of those strategies from the Worden Reports  using Ver 12 I'm sure I can take it from there.  One of the setups used two tabs, or charts, in the strategy.  Would you set up these two charts as individual templates or as a layout?  Would each of these strategies which I decide to set up to study become a layout in terms of ver 12.  And if I created more than one or two setups, shouldn't I consider saving them as a layout group? Would some of the more complicated PCFS used them perhaps be set up as an easyscan as they are so much more powerful today? 

The more I think about it the more I see each of those setups becoming layouts.  If there is a particular chart created that might be used in multiple situations then I should consider saving that individual chart as a template.

Any comments will be appreciated. A little discussion might send me on my way.

Thanks for responding.

diceman
Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 10:47:00 PM

QUOTE (ela237)

The more I think about it the more I see each of those setups becoming layouts.  If there is a particular chart created that might be used in multiple situations then I should consider saving that individual chart as a template.

Any comments will be appreciated. A little discussion might send me on my way.

Thanks for responding.

This sounds like the most logical way to go.

There is also the option of putting any numbers that need calculation into the

easy scan columns.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:16:42 AM

Worden Trainer

Most of the terminology used in version 7 is re-used in version 12.4 for the same thing.

v7 EasyScans = v12.4 EasyScans.

v7 Personal Criteria Formulas (PCFs) = v12.4 Condition (PCF) Formulas and Indicator (PCF) Formulas.

v7 WatchLists = v12.4 WatchLists

v7 Personal WatchLists = v12.4 Personal WatchLists

v7 Charts = v12.4 Charts.

v7 WatchList Columns = v12.4 WatchList Columns

v7 Chart tabs = v12.4 Chart tabs

v7 WatchList tabs = v12.4 WatchList tabs

v7 Chart Templates = v12.4 Saved Charts

v7 Chart Panes = v12.4 Chart Panes

All of this is just more flexible in TC2000 version 12.4. You can have as many WatchLists or charts open at a time as you want and you can tab them together in any way you want.

The charts themselves in version 7 are static in that they always contain 3 panes. The program could only have a single WatchList or EasyScan selected at a time and it is always placed in the same place.

Things like workspaces (we've actually stopped using this term in favor of layout group) and layouts are pretty much new to TC2000 version 12.4. There was a layout feature in TC2000 version 7, but it just allowed you to open up some additonal charts.

You don't actually need to watch too many videos to get the basics of the terminology and how to add and re-arrange indicators and windows to TC2000 version 12.4.

Terms You Should Know
Rearranging & Tabbing Windows
Adding & Editing WatchList Columns
Adding and Moving Indicators

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Oldern
Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:10:10 PM

Thanks, Diceman, for replying. 

I have read a number of your posts and while some of them have been over my head, I think they are well written and contain a lot of very good information.

Please read my next response to Bruce

Oldern
Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:03:34 PM

Thank you Bruce for responding and I apologize for my lengthy posts.

Let me clarify my problem somewhat.  I misspoke when I referenced Version 7.  I’m referring to some  differences between terminology in Ver 4-5, circa 2000-2005, prior to Ver 7.  I am familiar with Ver 7  primarily from reading and watching the videos.

Craig discussed layouts in a video on 10/06/04 which I watched.  So, yes, the term "layouts"  has been around a long time-maybe from the beginning.

In the  video, “The Fastest Way to Get Started with Version 12," Michael Thompson discusses what appears to be layouts but seems to be referring to them as work spaces.  He refers to the collection of layouts as a desktop.  Again, I think he says a collection of workspaces.  I could be wrong on this.  And when he opens a new blank file to build on, it is listed as a “blank workspace.”  One of his “work spaces” is titled “Sample layout.”  And I see the workbook for Version 12.3 specifically refers to the TC Classic and TC Classic+” as “Layouts.” 

I can’t remember where it showed up, but it seems like there was another term used somewhere in a video, that meant the same as “desktop”.  At any rate, I apologize for not being able to follow the nuances over the last 14 years.

To be precise, The only terms I was wrestling with were “layouts, layout tabs, layout groups, work spaces,  and now desktops”.  I couldn’t figure how to proceed and wasted a lot of time

I wanted to set up several strategies found in the Worden Reports, study them, and see if I couldn’t develop a trading strategy for myself.   But I couldn’t decide how to set them up and organize them and begin to flounder.  Organizing them as a group is important because I may have to go through a number of them before I learn enough procedure and develop a strategy for myself.

Bruce would you please pick either of the two Worden Reports for April 9, 2003 or July 11, 2003?  Describe in words how you would set it up today?   The only reason I chose them is that they both use two charts (or tabs as they are referred in the WR).  One of them uses scans as well.

A general description of how you would set one (I’ll take both if possible) up is what I’m asking for.  This may get me over a stumbling block and on to the hard part-learning to trade.

Many thanks.

Ernest

diceman
Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:52:45 PM

Ernest

I dont know if this helps.

Just about everything Ive done starts with:

File, Open layout, TC Classic.

That gives me a chart, watchlist, notes and some indicators.

All that canned stuff can be edited to what you actually need.

Its just a simple was to get the basics out of the way.

As you are in the process of creating "your" layout you just hit "save as" and give it your own name.

(after the first time you can just hit save)

Thanks

Oldern
Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:22:12 PM

Bruce, for some reason, your program substitutes some odd characters for the "quote" symbols produced on Word Perfect.  I composed this message "offline" then pasted it.  That apparently is a "no no."  I couldn't read what I thought so I edited my message. I hope it doesn't confuse you.

Thank you Bruce for responding and I apologize for my lengthy posts.

Let me clarify my problem somewhat.  I misspoke when I referenced Version 7.  I'm referring to some  differences between terminology in Ver 4-5, circa 2000-2005, prior to Ver 7.  I am familiar with Ver 7  primarily from reading and watching the videos.

Craig discussed layouts in a video on 10/06/04 which I watched.  So, yes, the term "layouts"  has been around a long time-maybe from the beginning.

In the  video, "The Fastest Way to Get Started with Version 12," Michael Thompson discusses what appears to be layouts but seems to be referring to them as work spaces.  He refers to the collection of layouts as a desktop.  Again, I think he says a collection of workspaces.  I could be wrong on this.  And when he opens a new blank file to build on, it is listed as a "blank workspace."  One of his "work spaces" is titled "Sample layout."  And I see the workbook for Version 12.3 specifically refers to the TC Classic and TC Classic+ as "Layouts." 

I can't remember where it showed up, but it seems like there was another term used somewhere in a video, that meant the same as "desktop".  At any rate, I apologize for not being able to follow the nuances over the last 14 years.

To be precise, The only terms I was wrestling with were "layouts, layout tabs, layout groups, work spaces,  and now desktops".  I couldn"t figure how to proceed and wasted a lot of time

I wanted to set up several strategies found in the Worden Reports, study them, and see if I couldn’t develop a trading strategy for myself.   But I couldn"t decide how to set them up and organize them and begin to flounder.  Organizing them as a group is important because I may have to go through a number of them before I learn enough procedure and develop a strategy for myself.

Bruce would you please pick either of the two Worden Reports for April 9, 2003 or July 11, 2003?  Describe in words how you would set it up today?   The only reason I chose them is that they both use two charts (or tabs as they are referred in the WR).  One of them uses scans as well.

A general description of how you would set one (I'll take both if possible) up is what I'm asking for.  This may get me over a stumbling block and on to the hard part-learning to trade.

Many thanks.

Ernest

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:12:20 AM

Worden Trainer

The term layout wasn't part of TC2000 when I first started working here, but by the time the forums were running, layouts was used as a term discribing a feature where you can bring up either 4 or 8 additional charts in TC2000 version 7.

So, as stated in my previous reply, layouts mean something different in TC2000 version 7 and TC2000 version 12.4. The point was that most terms between the two programs mean exactly the same thing if they are used in both programs but that this is not the case for the term layout.

Are you sure April 9, 2003 was one of the Worden Reports of interest? It does not contain two tabs or charts as was suggested in your post.

It describes an EasyScan:

QUOTE (Sir Buy Signals)
Well here is a simple scan that will give a Swing Universe.

1. Money stream surge 1 week (Rank: 51 to 99)
2. TSV Diff. ( (TSV1.1 < TSV1) AND ( TSV15.1 < TSV15) )
3. BOP positive 5 Days: : ( BOP1.5 > 0 ) AND ( BOP1.4 > 0 )
AND ( BOP1.3 > 0 ) AND (BOP1.2 > 0) AND ( BOP1.1 > 0 )
AND ( BOP1 > 0 )
4. Volume mover (V >= 2 * (AVGV65.5)) AND (V > 2000)
5. Price per Share-H (Value: 10 to 30)

Start by watching this video.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

- Select New and choose EasyScan.
- Select Add Condition in the Edit tab of the EasyScan.
- Choose MoneyStream Surge - 1 Week from the list (start typing it to bring it to the top).
- Set the EasyScan Condition to Ranks.
- Set the List to Rank Against to US Stocks.
- Adust the Rangefinder to 51 to Max.
- Select Add Condition and choose PRICE.
- Set the EasyScan Conditon to Is Between.
- Set Minimum to 10.00 and Maximum to 30.00.

- Select New and choose Condition (PCF) Formula.
- Set the name to TSV Diff.
- Put the following formula from the description above in the big white box:
((TSV1.1 < TSV1) AND ( TSV15.1 < TSV15))
- Select OK and choose Add to Conditions in the EasyScan we are creating.

Repeat the section creating on creating Condition Formulas and adding them to the EasyScan for the BOP Positive and Volume Mover formulas substituting the correct names and formulas. The Vomule Mover formulas needs to add two zeros to the volume numbers and becomes:

(V >= 2 * (AVGV65.5)) AND (V > 200000)

Selecting the Scan tab will bring up a list of symbols in the List to Scan of the EasyScan which currently meet the requirements of all of the EasyScan Conditions.

The following videos explore how to create Condition Formulas. We created three Condition Formulas above.

And it describes one chart:

QUOTE (Sir Buy Signals)
For tab settings I generally follow candlesticks and 200 day MAs on price, in the middle window Volume and Money stream and in bottom one TSV 18 and BOP. I am using a 200 day MA as a filter to find trending Stocks, which is a key element for short term trading.

- Select New and choose Chart from the list.
- Click on Price History (the symbol and possibly company name in green at the top of the pane with price in it).
- Select Edit, change the Plot Style to CandleStick and select OK.
- Select Add Plot to Chart (the green + in the upper left of the chart).
- Choose Moving Average - Simple from the list.
- Choose to add the Moving Average to price when prompted.
- Click on the moving average and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 200.
- Select Add Plot to Chart and choose Volume.
- Select Add Plot to Chart and choose BOP - Balance of Power.
- Click on BOP and choose Add Plot Here.
- Choose TSV - Time Segmented Volume from the list and Scale TSV by itself. - Click on TSV and select Edit to change the Period to 18.

You can click on the Move icon (it looks like arrows pointing in four directions) in the upper right corner of the chart to place it where you want it in the layout. Tabbing it with the existing chart would be most like the chart tabs feature in TC2000 version 7. The following video explores this in more detail.

Rearranging & Tabbing Windows

While the July 11, 2003 Worden Report does in fact describe two different charts (you would tab them into the same location as the existing chart to most closely mimic TC2000 version 7).

QUOTE (Sir b3circles)
First Chart:
TOP:
Price SMA 6 red.
BB 6,11 blue.
Volume Bars not visible.
Volume EMA 65 not visible.
Note: By pressing the dot twice I get my numeric volume avg. By using the arrow keys I can quickly determine the moving volume avg.
MID:
MACD 12,9,3 expo not visible.
ROC 1 bar blue.
MACD 9,6,3 expo not visible.
ROC 1 bar red.
MACD 6,12,3 expo not visible.
ROC 1 bar yellow.
MACD 3,6,3 expo not visible.
ROC 1 bar green.
TSV 16 expo white dotted.
SMA 4 white.
BOTTOM:
BOP
TSV 11 simple cyan dotted.
TSV 6 simple cyan.
MS white
SMA 3 white dotted.

- Change the Period to 6 and the color to red.
- Choose Bollinger Bands from the list.
- Choose to add the Bollinger Bands to price when prompted.
- Click on the Bollinger Bands and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 11, the Std Dev to 1.10 and the color to blue.
- Click on Price History and select Add Plot Here.
- Choose Volume from the list and scale with itself.
- Click on Volume and select Edit.
- Drag Plot Opacity all the way to the left.
- Click on the moving average of volume and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 65, the Average Type to Exponential and drag opacity all the way to the left.
- Select Add Plot to Chart.
- Choose TSV - Time Segmented Volume.
- Click on TSV and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 16, the Average Type to Exponential, the Color to White and the Line Style to dotted.
- Click on the moving average of TSV and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 4, the Average Type to Simple and the Color to white.

- Click on TSV and select Add Plot Here.
- Choose MACD and scale with itself.
- Click on the MACD indicator and select Edit.
- Set the Short to 12, the Long to 9, the Average Type to Exponential and drag opacity all the way to the left.
- Click on the moving average of this MACD and select Add Plot Here.
- Choose Rate of Change from the list and scale by itself.
- Click on the Rate of Change Indicator and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 1, the color to blue and the Data Source to the moving average of this MACD.
- Click on the moving average of this MACD and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 3, the Average Type to Exponential and drag opacity all the way to the left.

Repeat the above section for each of the MACDs using the appropriate settings and colors for MACD and Rate of Change indicators. Note that when you add additional Rate of Change indicators to the pane, you will want to scale them with one of the previous Rate of Change indicators instead of by itself.

- Choose BOP - Balance of Power.
- Click on BOP and select Add Plot Here.
- Choose TSV - Time Segmented Volume and scale by itself.
- Change the Period to 11, the Average Type to Simple, the Color to cyan and the Line Style to dotted.
- Click on the moving average of TSV and select Remove.
- Choose TSV - Time Segmented Volume and scale it with TSV.
- Change the Period to 6, the Average Type to Simple and the Color to cyan.
- Choose MS - MoneyStream from the list and scale it with itself.
- Click on MS and select Edit to change the color to white.
- Click on MS and select Add Plot Here.
- Click on the Moving Average and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 3, color to white and Line Style to dotted.

The above chart makes extensive use of the Change Data Source feature of TC2000 version 12.4. The following video explores this feature in more detail.

Change Data Source

QUOTE (Sir b3circles)
Second Chart:
TOP:
Price SMA 21 green.
Price SMA 11 yellow.
Price SMA 6 red.
Env Chan 21 bar expo width 6.
MID:
Volume bright white positive off white negative.
Stochs of 6,3,1 expo yellow.
SMA 3 yellow dotted.
Stochs 3,3,1 simple green.
MACD 6,11,6 expo MACD red AVG. blue.
BOTTOM:
BOP
TSV 18 simple cyan dotted.
TSV 8 simple cyan.
MS white
MS SMA 3 white dotted.

- Change the Period to 21 and color to green.
- Change the Period to 11 and color to yellow.
- Change the Period to 6 and color to red.
- Choose Envelope Channel from the list.
- Choose to add the Envelope Channel to price when prompted.
- Click on the Envelope Channel and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 21, Average Type to Exponential and Width to 0.60.
- Select Add Plot to Chart and choose Volume.
- Click on Volume and select Edit.
- Set Up Bars to bright white and Down Bars to off white.
- Click on the moving average of Volume and select Remove.
- Click on Volume and select Add Plot Here.
- Choose Stochastics and plot by itself.
- Cilck on Stochastics and select Edit.
- Set the Period to 6, the %K to 3, the Average Type to Exponential and the color to yellow.
- Click on the %D and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 3, the Average Type to Simple, the color to yellow and the Line Style to dotted.
- Click on the Stochastic and select Add Plot Here.
- Choose Stochastics and plot with the exisiting Stochastic when prompted.
- Click on the new Stochastic and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 3, the %K to 3, the Average Type to Simple and the color to green.
- Click on the %D of the new Stochastic and select Remove.
- Click on Volume and select Add Plot Here.
- Choose MACD and scale with itself.
- Click on the MACD and select Edit.
- Change the Short to 6, the Long to 11, Average Type to Exponential and color to red.
- Click on the moving average of the MACD and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 6, Average Type to Exponential and color to blue.
- Choose BOP - Balance of Power.
- Click on BOP and select Add Plot Here.
- Choose TSV - Time Segmented Volume and scale by itself.
- Change the Period to 11, the Average Type to Simple, the Color to cyan and the Line Style to dotted.
- Choose TSV - Time Segmented Volume and scale it with TSV.
- Change the Period to 6, the Average Type to Simple and the Color to cyan.
- Choose MS - MoneyStream from the list and scale it with itself.
- Click on MS and select Edit to change the color to white.
- Click on MS and select Add Plot Here.
- Click on the Moving Average and select Edit.
- Change the Period to 3, color to white and Line Style to dotted.

Note that all of the above charts plot multiple indicators in some panes even when the indicators are unrelated. This makes sense in TC2000 version 7 where there are exactyl 3 panes per chart. It may not make as much sense in TC2000 version 12.4 where you can add as many panes to a chart as you want.

The envelope channels in TC2000 version 7 and TC2000 version 12.4 are different. There is no way to add the envelope channels from TC2000 version 7 to TC2000 version 12.4.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Oldern
Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:07:40 PM

Thank you very much for all the effort you put into your response.  I promise you I'll work through it.

I'll try to let you know later how I did.

Again, I apprciate very much your help.

ela237

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 3:25:45 PM

Worden Trainer

QUOTE (ela237)
I apologize for not being clear enough in my notes to you in the discussion board and causing you to do a lot of extra work.

What I was asking for was how to organize these strategy setups in Version 12.

Here is what I plan to do, and please if you have any suggestions, let me know.  For example, if you have a sample layout that works over multiple situations and you'd like to recommend it, I'd welcome that.

Purpose of study:  I hope to develop a trading strategy (or two) for myself and paper trade enough to enter the market.            I believe studying these strategies, which have detailed operating instructions, is a good way to (re)learn the intricacies of the program-indicators, Easyscans, notes and news, watchlists, and the whole shebang.  Furthermore, I think this will be a good way to learn more about technical analysis.  Learn by doing! 

1.         Each strategy I set up to study will become a layout, whether there be two or twenty.  This set of layouts will become a layout group. 

2.         Charts:  If a strategy has more than one chart I will probably tab them if I don't need to view them together.  If they tend to work together, I'll try to place them on the layout.  I don't think any of the             strategies are so complicated that more than one layout will be needed.  But this will depend on what I find.

3.         If possible, I'll try to create one layout then save it out as a starter for each strategy.  Generally, each strategy will start with the same layout then be adapted to fit the rules of the strategy.

4.         I'll have to experiment on a couple of strategies to see what a good layout will be.  If the strategies are unique in some way, it might be easier to start with a blank layout.

5.         Common color coding on certain indicators across different charts might be beneficial.  However, each strategy might have some preset color arrangement which needs to be a part of the "chart".

6.         A simple set of columns might suffice.  On the other hand, with the ease of creation in Version 12, it will be easy to add more. 

7.         It will be instructive to set up each strategy as it is written to see how it performs in today's market.  It will be easy enough to add new or additional indicators if they will add to the strategy.

8.         I will consider creating a clone of some of the more promising layouts (strategies), then tinker with or add to the original settings.  It might be informative to compare the results of the original strategy with   the results from any revised setups over time.  If so, the clone (as revised) would be a new layout.  This assumes there are significant differences and it appears beneficial to spend much time examining the      results.

9.         Watch Lists.  It will be probably be necessary to set up a watch list for each strategy-depending on whether or not the strategy appears worthy of further analysis.

10.       I realize this will take a lot of time but I can't wait to get started.

ela237

Your approach seems quite sound. Having a different layout for each strategy should help to keep things organized.

I do not have any suggestions as to what strategies or Worden Reports you might want to try as the trainers can't actually give setting, interpretation or investment advice.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Oldern
Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 5:04:46 PM

Bruce,

Again, thanks for responding.

Maybe this last attempt will help to clarify my questions which were not clear at all.

All of them had to do with organization-whether layouts, workspaces, tabs, whether more than one layout, whether to have a layout group or not, and etc.  But I have  worked through much  of that.  Let me tell you how.

Using your very detailed instructions on how to setup two strategies, I did just that.  And I want you to know that your instructions have proven to be of inestimable value to me.  I have since set up two more strategies and plan to do several more, mainly for training..  I am getting familiar with Ver 12 much easier.  Thanks to your instructions.

I couldn't have done this in a week w/o them.  You did good!

Many, many thank.

ela237

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:44:26 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome. I'm hoping there wasn't another question in there, because if there was, I missed it.

The best way to organize a layout and/or layout groups is entirely up to you and would depend on your particular workflow. What works well for one person might not necessarily be the best setup for another person.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Oldern
Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:29:39 PM

Bruce,

I don't blame you for hoping there wasn't another question there.  My reference was to all of my questions from the very first post.  

All I wanted in the beginning were some suggestions on how one could set up a bunch of those strategies in the old Worden Reports, which I thought would be a couple of paragraphs.  As I mentioned, I hadn't gotten used to all the changes (some subtle and some not so subtle) in terminology over the years.

When I got your post with all the detailed line by line instructions I felt lousy for putting you to all that work.  (I hope you have a program that outputs written instructions for each step you take in responses to the folks.)  

Again, I just want to reiterate how much I benefitted from having the details the way you laid them out. Until I get weaned, I'll use them continuously.

ela237

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:31:13 AM

Worden Trainer

I've gone through this entire topic numerous times. I've outlined the basic changes in terminology between version 7 and version 12. I've provided step-by-step examples of creating a v7 Worden Report in v12.4. But basically it all boils down to there not necessarily being a best way to use old materials with the new program. It depends on the individual and their particular workflow.

The only question I don't see answered is the one about why people don't post very much in the discussion boards.

I couldn't say for sure, but my best guess would be people not knowing about the discussion boards. We don't publicize them very much. We used to always reference certain types of questions to the discussion boards. That no longer happens. We used to have a link in some of our software to the discussion boards, we no longer do. What is left is the Discussion link at the top of the website.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles