Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: muniyba
About
User Name: muniyba
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 58
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ETF and their industry groups
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 1:42:11 AM
Hi there
 Is it possible to make a scan so that I can view ETFs in their relevant industry groups?
Thanks
Munaiba
Topic: helmscott industry group components
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:39:55 AM

Hi Bruce and Bob

Thanks for the info. That makes things a lot easier.

Cheers

Munaiba

Topic: helmscott industry group components
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:39:25 AM
Hi there
I spent a lot of time sorting through these helmscott industry groups and identifying the ones I was interested in. Then I wanted to look at the components of those groups but couldn't get them as the component stock area had broader categories. If, for instance I was interested in  finding and making a watchlist of the component stocks of MG432 - Accident and Health Insurance. how could I do it?
thanks
Muniyba
Topic: Trading Plan Template
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:10:17 PM
QUOTE (Apsll)
Funnymony, The point that I was trying to make had nothing to do with wich trading system would have worked best for my example. My point is that no matter what trading system you use, if you are not aware of what it takes to manage the entire process from selecting the stock to buying the stock to selling the stock then no system in the world is going to work for you.

Apsll.

How true ApsII! You hit the nail right in the head. I have lost lots of money because I have been unable  to do this properly. I spent thousands of dollars on courses, books and so-called mentoring and it was only experience that made me realise this invaluable point. The reason I mentioned Stan Weinstein's book is because he actually shows you how to manage the trade from go to whoa and inbetween.

I think funnmoney's outburst was uncalled for but then I have noticed rude and uncalled for behaviour in many forums recently. Maybe the planets are misaligned or something!

I find your thoughtful and considered posts interesting and helpful. Keep up the good work and take no notice of the hecklers "in the cheap seats".

Cheers
Muniyba
Topic: Trading Plan Template
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:30:11 AM

Hi there
I have just finished reading Stan Weinstein's book Secret's for profiting in Bull and Bear Markets. It was written almost 20 years ago but it seems to be timeless info. He provides a good system and explains how to manage the trade once you are in it. This is something I have always had problems with.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Muniyba

Topic: Broader action / broader view
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2007 5:08:41 PM
QUOTE (realitycheck)
I don't know that Bigblock claimed this as his own work ...

At least I didn't take it that way ...

As witnessed by the last line of my post above ...

I didn't see him make any attributions which is usually a good idea when you make wholesale use of someone else's work.

Regards
Munaiba
Topic: Broader action / broader view
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:36:06 PM
I am surprised that Worden's let you post that stuff above. As far as I am aware it is part of Colin Twiggs Trading diary from Incredible Charts and as such is probably copyright. I wonder if he knows you're posting his stuff as your own. I don't know if the moderator will allow this but here is the link to the trading diary so people can compare for themselves.  (outside link removed by moderator.)
Topic: Larry Williams VIX
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2007 6:09:21 PM

Hi Guys
Thanks for your posts re all indicators giving false signals. Sometimes I tend to get so involved in something that I tend to forget that important fact. 

I tried plotting Rate of change for 22 days in the same window as this custom indicator. It seems to warn of "impending doom" a little earlier. It's interest to plot the two inthe same window. I think they complement each other well. I'd be interested to know what you think.
Cheers
Munaiba

Topic: Larry Williams VIX
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2007 4:06:59 AM
Hi guys
Interesting topic but it sometimes gives false signals. See MMR on 19th Jan 07. The indicator made a low and recovered (I'm using indicator *-1 as diceman suggested). The stock however continued to decline.
Cheers
Muniyba
Topic: topranked 100 companies as of today
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2007 7:49:46 AM
BTW that's in less than 1 month