Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

The basic of trading - how to find the regular stock ? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
filme_bune
Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:21:29 PM

I'm a member of tc2000 and I'm interested to be a stockfinder member if the program can find me the stocks I need .   I used other softwares and they have a lot of info and searching criteria , but not the basic of trading .

The basic of trading is to find stocks that are or close to the support and buy them , or finding stocks close or at the resistance and short them . or outting buy stop or sell stop at new high , or new low .  

The most successful for 100 of years , is the triangle . where we have 2 or 3 tops , and the stocks is coming to create the 3 th or the 4th top , and everybody is putting a buy stop above the tops .       Wateched those formations and looks like is the most popular formation .  Tried in the past indicators and none of them are working . The indicators are changing , are not accurate , and so on .  waste of time .   The market is made and runned by the price , not by indicators . 

I attach a pic with the basic of trading and what I need .  

please let me know if your software can provide those basic criteria , or I'll have to look for a different software .

waiting for reply .

Thank you

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:43:39 AM

Worden Trainer

There are no built in ways to automatically identify such patterns in StockFinder.

It is possible to develop RealCode to automatically perform relatively complex pattern recognition in StockFinder.

For example, there is discussion starting with jas0501's Monday, August 18, 2008 1:32:27 AM ET post in the Finding Continuation Triangles And Wedges With Telechart topic on how to automatically identify a dragon / triangle / pennant / flag pattern which resulted in numerous layouts being share in StockFinder as the technique was refined.

Pthegreat's harmonics topic explores RealCode to identify the AB=CD pattern discussed in the Harmonics topic. The RealCode has been altered by masayang and wwrightjuly4 to identify other patterns as well.

That said, this type of pattern recognition can involve a lot of work in developing the RealCode and usually involves collaboration between multiple customers with similar goals. The help I can provide is limited in that I am not a programmer.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:05:51 AM

Worden Trainer

You may wish to review the following for information on pattern recognition in TC2000 (concentrating on topics mentioning double tops and bottoms):

Falling wedge
Cup with a handle formation
PCF for cup with a handle
Scanning for Chart Patterns
Scanning for Stocks Printing a Double or Triple Bottom
PCFs for pennants and flags
PCF's for Triangles
Does TeleChart support Elliott Wave indicators?
Double top/bottom trend
Finding Double Tops and Double Bottoms
CUP AND HANDLE AGAIN
Finding Continuation Triangles And Wedges With Telechart
Cup & Handle PCF
Double tops and bottoms
Flag wedge and pennant pcf
05/01/2012 Webinar: Trading the Flag and Pennant Patterns
Head and shoulders
TC 2000 Bull flags, Bear Flags
PCF for rounded bottom trading

That said, I personally do not think complex pattern recognition is practical in TC2000 using formulas and Scans.

They are at the very least beyond my abilities to help you create without a specific unambiguous objective definition of what you are attempting to identify. It can't be an I know it when I see it type of definition or be based entirely on an image.

This is true of pattern recognition in general with the exception of fixed size candlestick patterns, which are fairly straightforward as long as the pattern is well defined:

Boolean PCFs for Candlestick Patterns

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:45:05 AM

So much info , I 'll read the topics you posted , it will take a while . This is the basic of trading , is weird that you're saying that the customers dont have interest in this . Maybe they instead try to find indicators to tell them when to buy and sell .    The indicators are just for dreamers .  waste of time .  So much info and programming , but not the basic .

Maybe I'll pay some programers to make a script , couse the softwares on the market cant do it .

Thanks

filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:08:41 PM

The cup and handle topic is interesting . those formations are kind of double tops and what I'm looking for . Too bad that after I put the formula from that topic , gave me so many results , that none of them actually look like a cup and handle ...

The post is old , do you have like a successful formula to find cup and handles formations ?

The training video to put the formula is also outdated ....

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:27:03 PM

Worden Trainer

There are multiple cup and handle topics given. The list is in chronological order, with the older topics at the top and the newer topics at the bottom.

Most of the topics are presented for TC2000 version 7, but the basic techniques apply to TC2000 version 12.3 as well.

The list is far from comprehensive, but if I were aware of topics presenting better techniques, they would be included.

I am pretty blunt when indicating, "I personally do not think complex pattern recognition is practical in TC2000 using formulas and Scans." This assessment might be a bit more negative than reality in that there are customers that like and utilize these techniques. Some of them are better than others.

StockFinder is much better suited to complex pattern recognition than TC2000. The RealCode examples I gave are actually quite good at identifying their particular patterns of interest. But RealCode is a full programming language while TC2000's Personal Criteria Formula Language is just that, a formula language. It does not have syntax for things like variables and loops.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:31:43 PM

I'm ok to pay for tc2000 using the charts , and will be great if I can search for stocks using a formula that help find formations . But to pay for stock finder and to cant find me what I'm looking for , that will be depresing :D .

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:39:21 PM

Worden Trainer

I understand, and I am not aware of any successful attempts to identify double/triple bottoms/tops in StockFinder. I am not trying to push you into a StockFinder subscription when I say it is better at pattern recognition than TC2000. Creating something would still be a lot of work and since I am not a programmer, I can only be of limited help (not that I wouldn't do my best to assist).

Take a look at the harmonics and Harmonics topics. Ask questions and see what the other participants in the topics think. Try to get a handle not only on if they are satisfied with what they have accomplished, but if they think it would be possible to accomplish what you want.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:27:27 PM

I tought the software already have programmers who maintain it , It is an open sourse software ?   I see the users pay subsriptions and they try to do the coding .    I mean if is open sourse , can I put a programmer to modify tc2000 ?        I understand you're not a programmer , but where are the programmers then ?

filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:38:02 PM

Today SCO   . This is how people trade . Do you see the volume when made a new high ?   everybody put buy stop there .    This is the basic of trading . No indicators .    You dont have programmers to make a script or pcf to search fot hose triangles ?   or you can consider it also a cup and handle

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:53:11 PM

Worden Trainer

StockFinder is not currently in development. Even when it was, the programmers were involved in developing StockFinder itself and not with individual projects that customers wanted to implement using StockFinder.

StockFinder and TC2000 are both proprietary product and are not open source. You can't modify the underlying program for either StockFinder or TC2000.

TC2000 has a formula language, but does not have a programming language available for customer use.

StockFinder does have a full programming language available called RealCode exposed for customer use which is based on Visual Basic. It is possible for customers to use RealCode to implement indicators and conditions which are not built into the program on their own.

There is also a development environment in StockFinder which allows you to re-arrange Blocks using a flow-chart type structure to create your own indicators and conditions without actually writing any code.

We do not now and never have offered a programming service (paid or free). We do however offer free customer training on how to use our products. This customer training frequently results in fully functional example indicators and conditions, but this is for educational and training purposes only.

I am not a programmer, but I am quite capable of creating simple indicators and conditions using both RealCode and Block Diagrams, and I can help you learn how to create indicators and conditions on your own.

I can't give you full blown programming lessons. If you want to learn Visual Basic, there are numerous free resources on the web for doing so.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:57:57 PM

nice find filme-bune

hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of posting the charts produces by stockfinder, based on some harmonic indicators:

daily :

and 5minute:

filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:15:22 PM

entry at 31.20 ?   why ?     I dont understand what your indicators are doing . I dont need indicators to tell me when to entry and when to get out . That's very easy . Alsways entry at new high or at the trend line . that's it .   I need conditions to find me those stocks . I watch few of them but it takes too long till they get to those formations . I need to find more stocks already at the formation .  

The basic of trading is to tntry at those points :

pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:26:15 PM

"entry at new high"

In order to program this, you need to define "new high".  enter trade intrabar?, enter trade if close of bar above high?, etc, etc..

5 bar new high? 10bar? 50bar?, that's easy to program in Telechart, and has been done many times. 

"enter at trendline"

same thing, you need to define "trendline", ask ten people to draw a trendline, and most likey you'll get several different lines.

pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:40:51 PM

trendlines have been programmed in stockfinder with a specific unambiguous definition.

do a search and you'll find it on the forum.

here's an example:

filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:42:01 PM

I dotn need a program to tell me when to entry .  couse the enrtry point is the action after the formation is made , and I put the buy stop . If the price is already at the entry point , is too late to get in . So I need to find me stocks that are at the same level woth previous tops .

Is impossible to draw different trend lines . a trend line is when you trace a line between two pivots or between 2 points .  Is like an universal thing . Look at the picture above . How you cna trace a different trend line than the one I draw ?

filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:43:22 PM

Yes , that's a trend line . is just one way to draw it

pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:10:32 PM

so there ARE many ways of drawing trendlines. I know traders that only trade broadening patterns : upsloping trendlines connecting highs, with downsloping trendlines connecting lows. Or breakouts over downsloping trendlines, or... , or,....

Not until you give a precise definition of the "formations" you are looking for, can we create conditions in telechart or stockfinder that will find those formations.

again ; trading the "highs" as per your chart on the 14th,15th and 17th, wouldn't have faired so well. So the first thing you need to do is decide what kind of "high" you are looking for.

There are many examples in the telechart forums on pivot points, new highs, breakouts, etc...

good luck.

filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:13:04 PM

you guys make everything complicated that's why are so many pcf's so many formulas , and a lot of numbers and everybody is missing the basic of trading .   where did you see that I will trade on 14 , 15 , 17 ?  I'm not a short term trader . I trade on hourly time frame and dayly time frame .    Is just one way of drawing trand lines and price channels . Just google trend line and click on images to see the images and you'll see how the trend lines looks . If you guys draw them in many ways , you're doing it wrong .
New high on sco was done yesterday  and today again .    look at the first picture in this discussion ,  you see apple making many tops ?   a new high is a price above those stops .   when the price is jumping above that line that is sitting on those tops , couse every experienced trader have their buy stops there , the price will jump like crazy .     But you guys look for pivots , try to catch the bottom , and I dont know what else , you make everything just complicated as all those software are , a lot of things to do but not the basic . If you play with everybody else , you can make money , if you try to find ways to play around everybody is like peeing against the wind . Those formulas and those imndicators will not gonna show you a way to make money like nobody else seeing it .  

So , people look for double tops , triple tops .     I see here they look for cup and handle , that works too . but that si much more complicated than finding double tops or double bottoms .    That's all I need .  a formula to put in tc 2000 to show me double tops or triple tops , double bottoms , triple bottoms .

On the pic below you see apple doing a cup and handle . couse I see you guys like this formation , which is fine , but I didnt find a formula to find me those formations , so I assume is harder . But in the small pic in the middle , you kind of see some triple tops made , and yesterday made a new high . I dont need to find me stock that made a new high , I need to show me stocks that are are at the same level with the previous tops , So I can put a buy stop above those tops .

That's all . Can someone help me with that ?

Thanks

pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:52:56 PM

shouldn't be to difficult in stockfinder:

take the trendline code I was referring to, and manipulate the userinput settings to your liking, add a condition that scans for breakout above the trendline and voila..

as an option we could probably modify the code so that we have control over the slope of the trendline. since you like double and triple top breakouts, the slope needs to be close to horizontal.

without having made any modifications to the already posted code in the forums, following a scan against russel3000. the ones that show "0" are todays breakouts:

So imagine having control over the slope of the trendline, and you'll be able to filter it down to double /tripple top brkouts.

good luck.

pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:58:18 PM

then adding multiple instances of the trendline indicator to your chart with different userinput settings, you can make scans that are more or less "sensitive", like so:

your aapl chart :

filme_bune
Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:20:56 AM

Those are sad situations . When the price is braking a trend line ,   Yes , sometime the price is braking trend lines , that's why is good to get in when is at the trend line to can use tight stops .  you risk a little bit , but you can make a lot . 

Anyway , the new high or the break thru regularly is on horizontal lines . Couse the guys at the train stations  who buy from their phones , they dont see the trend lines , they know just the price , and when they see the price is coming close to a previous top , they put buy stop above that price , and wait .  

At EAT , the buy stop is at  42.80 , as is above the previous top .

vmc is choppy

BRKB , buy stop at 118.30  above the previous top

TRI is good to buy , ofcourse if the stock have a buy recommendation .  Was better to buy it at 33.85 , when bounced from the trend line  , 

It have a hold recommendation , So not very good fundamentals , ut the chart is exactly what formations I'm looking for ,   How did you find it ?  do you have a formula to find formations like this one ?  As you see , is at the 4 th top . As more tops , as more powerfull wil be , 

pthegreat
Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:01:41 AM

"Anyway , the new high or the break thru regularly is on horizontal lines "

That's why I suggested to use the code, and add an option to be able to manipulate the slope of the line.

"How did you find it ?  do you have a formula to find formations like this one ?"

As I stated, I used available code, and a condition that sorts based on price breaking above the line.

But this can easily be changed to whatever condition you're looking for. You could for example look for price to be within a certain percentage of the line.

Not every result from the sort might be exactly what you're looking for, but it significantly reduces your time going through a large watchlist manually.

My point is, and that's what Bruce was hinting towards, is that, in order to get something programmed, you have to clearly and unambiguously, state your objective.

I think I have given you enough material to get started. you can use the code, and then go over the results, then you can suggest to make any additions/ modifications. For example the TRI chart, has a flat top line, and you might want to define that in addition you need an upsloping trendline connecting the lows. Then you have to define what a "low" is.

you could say a 10bar low, or a low surrounded by at minimum 5 higher lows on either side.

Without these types of definitions, one can not start coding anything. the "oh look a pretty chart, that's what I want" isn't going to fly for a programmer.

filme_bune
Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:38:19 AM

Yeah ,  I'm not a programmer , and if I want to become one , certainly I'll not gonna waste my time learning visual basic .   I learned Basic 20 years ago , I think the world suffered some evolution since then .     Since , nobody here already made a code for the basic of trading , and even people asked many times for cup and hanfle but nobody made a code to work a little bit for that one , then certainlly people on this forum are just people like me who want something , but there's no help from any programmer . 

I'll see if I can find another software  . I had vector vest , and they had a search for those tops . the search name was double top and hook , and triple top and hook . Somehow that search option disappeared a month ago , Called those guys and nobody know what happened . Since that was the only reason I had that subscription , I told them there's no point of paying if their big software is useless .   

I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for those search criteria , so it have to be somewhere made already by someone .  

Thanks for your help

pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:49:45 PM

Don't need to be a programmer, like I said code is available.

anyway, guess that TRI trade panned out nicely, and could have gotten an entry right at the bounce of upsloping trendline :

filme_bune
Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 11:29:04 AM

Look at my chart above , when I said to put buy stop above the tops . And I said that as more tops , as more powerfull . I got out yesterday from TRI ,  looks like is too much tension . It can go higher , but is like a spring , is too much tension in it right now .   your resistance is not horizontal , can you make a formula to have that one horizontal and find more stocks like TRI ?  you have more experience to make the formula , for me it takes a lot of time to figure out how to do it .   Thanks

filme_bune
Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 11:31:43 AM

Look also at SCO , I still have it ,

pthegreat
Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 12:06:25 PM

QUOTE (filme_bune)

Look also at SCO , I still have it ,

very nice! My style of trading is different then yours, I day trade options on the highflyers; nflx, aapl, tsla, amzn, goog, and the like. and I base my strategies on fibonacci levels. read my post "harmonics" if interested.

I'll get some code toghether this weekend, and share it here. adjusting the trendline with a "slope" parameter, so that you can scan for horizontal resistance brkouts. I'll add an option to send triggers via email. 

have a good one.

filme_bune
Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 5:59:49 PM

I did day trading , and I used the same strategy , with the triangle , and alway with stops . buy stop above a previous high , and after that , sell stop a little bit under the previous top line .  This way I was getting in just when the stock was getting up , and I was risking a little bit , as I was putting the stop right after I got in . So , risk a little bit and the possibility to gain a lot .    But day trading is moving too fast for me ,  and I have to stay all day focused on the monitor to catch those triangles .   After a day of staring at the monitor , I was very exhausted .  on long term is more relaxing , and I dont want to pay attention too much .  If you can make the formula to give me stocks at their tops ,  like at the same level with previous top , or tops , then once I find those stocks , like tri , I just put a buy stop above the horizontal line , and I can care about my life . I watch it sometime , if is bouncing back from the line , no big deal , if is braking , will get me in , and I'll put a protective stop few points under . couse I play long term , I use a little bit wide stops , like 3, 4 points , to let it play a little bit . On day trading , the stops were tight , and many times thre market maker like to hit the stops , couse that's how the market is moving ,  hitting stops . Where are more stops , there is going . The thing is that the market maker doesnt care if is a get in stop , or get out stop ,   is just going where are more stops , trying to hit as many as possible .   

waiting for the formula , I'll try to take a look at tha training to make pcf's .

Thank you very much . 

pthegreat
Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 3:30:42 PM

So the idea for programming an indicator to find breakouts is based on a trendline, of which we can define, by userinput settings, the slope, and the sensitivity.

the trendline is based on connecting two high points and extending the line to the right on the chart, until price breaks above it.

How do we define the high points?

a high point is defined by the amount of lower highs surrounding it on either side

for example:

below a chart with a trendline, connecting two highpoints that both have no more then 3 lower highs surrounded on either side, the line continued to the right until price breaks it

the slope was set to 0.4%, meaning the highpoint of the 2nd high, is within 0.4% higher or lower then the high of the 1st highpoint. So the indicator will find patterns that are nearly flat.

changing the userinput settings to "15" and "1%" , we'll find patterns that have taken more time to build their flat base, before they break out:

MHK and COST are two examples of stocks that broke out of these patterns last Friday.

changing the userinput settings is easy:  click on the indicator name on top of screen (brkout) and change it to whatever you would prefer:

"LowerHighs" and "SlopeMaxPerc" are the userinput parameters. change them to whatever you like.

the scan: Brkout" is added as a column to the watchlist, and runs at a predetermind interval, and will push the stocks that are breaking above the trendline to the top of the watchlist. So if, during markethours a stock breaks out, you'll know right away.

I have shared this layout, so if you have stockfinder, just click on "share", "browse other users shared items", "layouts".

filme_bune
Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 11:55:20 AM

So , I need to buy stockfinder . if is finding me those stocks , then I'll buy it monday ,  MHK and cost are nice stocks . 

jas0501
Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:39:20 PM

I'll confess I haven't closely read the entire thread. I do want to mention on point regarding "easy to see" versus "not so easy to program".

I'll use cup and handle as an example.  One can look at a chart and see the formation easily. The difficulty is that each cup and handle spans a different number of bars, so writing code that can recognize the formation is not easy. Visually out brains see the pattern without needing to consider the bar count. Programming the code "sees" a bar at a time and can remeber things, but pattern construction and recognition  is hard.

------------------

When defining the end points that defines the trend line, one needs to decide how many bars to consider, the width. One also needs to decide how long should that trend be considered relevant. If the end point  is x bars old is the trendline still applicable, or are the more recent events caring more weight than an "old" trendline.

-------------------

Another point, often can  take a chart and draw historical trend lines and see how well the approach  "predicts" things.  One has a hard time quantify all the simlar trend lines that don't match the prediction. The viewer can easily see the goodness. Using stockfinder to keep score will provide the performance measure. Don't let these easy to see confirmations give a flawed approach undeserved merit.

--------------------

An example of being tricked by the plot is the zig-zag plot which nicely points out tops and bottoms.  It is a flawed trading mechanism as the corners are defined by a percentage, which is a look ahead of n bars. Thus it depends on future information. This is often how the brain constructs potentially viable approachs when looking at historical charts. There is an unintentional look ahead. Encoding the rules and backtesting with Stockfinder will provide the win%.

------------------------

Once Stockfinder gives you a viable approach, based on backtesting results, one last step would be to compare the results with the same number of random trades. A viable strategy needs to outperform random trades by a good margin. See http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=45239 for an example of this.

filme_bune
Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 11:11:28 AM

filme_bune
Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 11:12:05 AM

filme_bune
Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 11:31:01 AM

@jas0501 , please read the entire thread .     I never said that programming is easy or it doesnt take effort and knowledge , I just said  gthat is sad to see so many softwares , so complex , but none of them with the basic of trading .   I see you like indicators , most of the softwares and search criterias are made for indicators .   Indicators are made to tell people when to buy and sell ,  when to catch the bottom or the top , Those are not accurate . Indicators are made for beginners ,  people who trade for a while dont really need indicators , the market is made by price , and indicators are made by some formulas to show for a beginner eye , how the market is moving .   Hers's some strategies base on cci  , couse I see you like to use it . CCI on 20 days , is working fine on Aapl .  http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:trading_strategies:cci_correction

Please read the entire thread and maybe you can help a little bit as I see you have more knowledge on using stockfinder .

Thank you

filme_bune
Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:36:45 PM

@pthegreat    Please can you give me the code with which you were able to find TRI , MHK  and cost  ?

The one with the horizontal line . is ok if is not really horizontal , I'll see how I can adjust it ,   but I need a startup point , 

Thanks

pthegreat
Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:34:11 PM

QUOTE (filme_bune)

@pthegreat    Please can you give me the code with which you were able to find TRI , MHK  and cost  ?

The one with the horizontal line . is ok if is not really horizontal , I'll see how I can adjust it ,   but I need a startup point , 

Thanks

QUOTE (pthegreat)

I have shared this layout, so if you have stockfinder, just click on "share", "browse other users shared items", "layouts".

filme_bune
Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:28:58 PM

Got it . Thank you .   I'll try to make the top line to be horizontal . I appreciate your help :)

filme_bune
Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:19:32 PM

@pthgreat     I'm using the code you created ,  I found some stocks , but it give me like 200 results each time I run it ,    And most of them  is already too late to get in , as the lines are like 3 months ago . Maybe the code is stuck on december  ?    

Any idea how to make it more accurate ?   is doing its job , as the support , the yellow line is unifying the 2 pivots ,   but should find the stocks at the 3rd pivot ,      if is possible ,   2 pivots is still good , The top line is somehow giving me stocks with few tops . but I have to find them in the 200 stocks the software find ,  so , I'm sure is a possibility to make it more accurate :)

Maybe you have more time than me . I didnt figure put yet how to wirte the code or even how to change it :D

pthegreat
Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:36:46 AM

3 months ago?  maybe you can post a chart? I use www.tinypic.com to upload pictures.

In any case, for the next month or two I'm engaged in a project which prohibits me from trading for now.

If you have "platinum" you should be able to get triggers during the day. make sure you sort your watchlist with the "brkout" condition. Also modifying the userinput parameters should cause a significant change in amount of alerts returned.

If you still have issues, I'm sure you can take it up with worden support, they are very helpfull