Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: NormB
About
User Name: NormB
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: On SnapSheets, how do I create a "spinner" to adjust MACD on a price graph?
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 7:53:32 PM
I saw Craig do a lot of things that impressed me at the Atlanta class last week but am having difficulty remembering how he did them. The notes are good but seem to not include the things I am trying to do. This is what I want to do . . .

I want to put a MACD (then a Stoch) in a price window that has what he called a "Spinner" to arrow the settings up and down so I can observe what settings seem to give me a cross at a pivot points. I would also like to have an "arrow up" pointer and an "arrow down" pointer when the lines cross. Thanks for a wonderful product!!
Topic: Organizing Your Thoughts with Personal Notes
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 7:36:59 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
NormB,
Please review my Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:09:12 AM ET post and Craig's Monday, November 27, 2006 6:52:07 AM ET post in this topic.

There are no posts for those dates under this topic. Do you mean some other topic? I just would like to view this video but it just doesn't work. Thanks in advance.
Topic: Searching for Narrowing Bolinger Bands
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 3:28:01 PM
QUOTE (JCPINVEST)
Hi ... Please help me find or create a search that will locate all optionable stocks where the Bolinger Band is narrowing. Thanks, Jay

I found this video really helped me alot.
Topic: Sort using envelopes, regression channels and Bollinger bands
Posted: 12/7/2004 3:22:12 PM by Craig_S
Topic: Organizing Your Thoughts with Personal Notes
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 6:44:23 PM
This would be interesting if it worked. I even downloaded newest flash player but it still doesn't work. Help!
Topic: Sort using envelopes, regression channels and Bollinger bands
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:47:21 PM
This is a great video and was very helpful. I keep finding helpful videos here and there throughout this discussion board. My question is this . . . Is there a place where ALL these videos are listed so I don't have to discover them by accident! Thanks for doing a GREAT job. NormB
Topic: Craig's Notes from the Atlanta SnapSheets Class
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:07:36 PM
That makes sense Bruce, thanks. That training video was especially helpful.

What about the scan I mentioned above. I would like to be able to find stocks where this indicator is breaking above 20%, or in other words expanding from a previously tightening band, hence an upward price move.

Thanks again, NormB
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:59:06 PM
Craig, that is bottom window is done with Stochs not BBWidth? Maybe that was for someone else. I'm confused!
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:40:21 PM
That's it Craig, thanks alot. I will play with that tonight. That should be a good indicator. I have it as a line only in TC but this is a lot nicer looking.

Is there a way I could scan to find stocks breaking out or the 20% range? The line formula that I got somewhere for Telechart is . . .

100x AVGC20 + 0.8 * ((((C9 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C8 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C7 -
AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C6 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C5 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C4 - AVGC20)
^ 2 + (C3 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C2 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C1 - AVGC20) ^ 2 +
(C - AVGC20) ^ 2) / 20) ^ 0.5)- AVGC20 - 0.8 * ((((C9 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C8 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C7 -
AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C6 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C5 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C4 - AVGC20)
^ 2 + (C3 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C2 - AVGC20) ^ 2 + (C1 - AVGC20) ^ 2 +
(C - AVGC20) ^ 2) / 20) ^ 0.5)/ AVGC20
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:28:15 PM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
Define "total expansion"

I want the widest spread of the BB width to be 100% or at least high. I want to be able to look at this histogram and instead of a line showing bandwidth, be able to see by a color change, when this BBBandwidth is starting to narrow.

Is there anyway I can paste a picture in here? I can show you exactly what it should look like. I saw it done in TradeStation even have the code to it there but I believe it can be done here in SnapSheets.
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:53:12 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
NormB,
I'm not sure on what you wish to base the Histogram percentages. The following would be one way to create a Block Diagram based on already having the Bollinger Band Study from the Web Library applied to Price. It plots Bandwidth as a percent of Price:

Bruce, I want the scale to the right to be 1-100% so I am not sure that I want it to plot Bandwidth as a percent of price but I have had no success playing with it. I want a histogram that clearly shows when the band it tightening 20 percent of the total expansion (100%) of the band. How do I do that? Thanks