Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gtcharlie
About
User Name: gtcharlie
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 20
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: easyscan versus watchlist
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:19:06 AM

I have a couple groups of 25 stocks or so.   I have created watchlists for them.   During the day I monitor for certain conditions by having columns in the watchlist with the conditions in formulas and when the conditions are met a check is placed in the column.  Is there any advantage to converting this to an easyscan?  I don't want the stocks to pop in and out of the list.   Just want to see when the conditions are met for each stock.  I have the column refresh set to one minute.  Easyscans wont update the columns faster will they?  Would rather not use up my easyscans if there is no advantage.

Topic: ETF components missing
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:50:22 PM

Has TC2000 removed a number of ETF component lists?  For example I used to run scans on XRT and can no longer do so even though I can chart XRT.   Same thing happened with a number of Vanguard ETF's I used to run scans on the components of.   This is very limiting on my ability to run sector scans.

Topic: S & P 500 Scan
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2017 12:16:15 PM

Yes.  I am logged in on an old profile.  I will update that.  And I figured out the problem.  I had renamed a couple of formulas in the scan yesterday and it was causing an issue.  Deleted the formulas, reentered them and reran the scan.   All good now.  An important point for everyone there.   Way better to completely create new personal formulas than try and edit anything in an existing one.  Only causes problems doing that.

Topic: S & P 500 Scan
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2017 9:49:37 AM

I am having trouble this morning running scans on the S & P 500.  I run a couple of scans searching for major movement but for some reason this morning the S & P scan gives nothing.  Just times out.   Is TC2000 having a problem there?

Topic: Number of streaming easy scans
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 12:46:29 PM

If I could make a recommendation--  your help pages are pretty out of date on a lot of things.   That is where I came up with the 5 streaming scans at a time.   Not to mention the many updates you have made in the recent version which are nowhere to be found in the help pages which include photos that are no longer current.   A major update to your help section would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 3:41:29 PM

Thanks.   Was referring to when I was a platinum member.  Just downgraded but the increase from 5 to 15 streaming scans certainly makes the platinum tier more attractive.

Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:32:45 PM

I have read the maximum number of streaming easy scans you can have is 5.   I have had more than 5 open on one layout and they seemed to be functioning.  Am I wrong?   If you open more than 5 do the later ones not actually stream?

Topic: transferring a saved layout from one account to another
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 12:58:47 PM

Thanks Bruce.  Your help is always appreciated.  Have a happy new year.

Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 12:47:43 PM

That sounds good.   Will doing that also transfer all the custom formulas I have created?  If not is there any way to transfer the formulas to him as well?

Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 11:49:42 AM

Does anyone know if it is possible to save layouts and formulas from one account log in to another?   I have put a lot of work into my tc2000 layout and have gotten it to the way I like it.   A friend just signed up and he also likes what I have done and I am hoping I can transfer my work to his account so he does not have to start from scratch.  Is this possible?