Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: cyberdude1951
About
User Name: cyberdude1951
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Unable to Place Order
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:23:31 PM

Why the limitation?

Topic: Unable to Place Order
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:06:34 PM

I am trying to buy CANN (General Cannabis Corp) in a papertrade, and I keep getting the message "Symbol Not Supported for Trading On This Account."  What does this mean? Are there certain exchanges or companies that TC2000 will show charts for but will not allow to be traded?

Topic: How do you indicate a short in TC2000 v.16?
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 9:48:45 AM

Thanks Bruce and StockGuy.

Topic: How do you indicate a short in TC2000 v.16?
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:23:54 PM

I have noticed that there is a choice of cash or margin when setting up a paper-trading account. Am I correct in thinking that I would choose margin if I were going to short stocks instead of going long?

If not, then how do you indicate when you want to short a stock in TC2000 v.16?

Topic: Cannot view premarket or postmarket data
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2016 8:40:15 PM

I figured it out. First you have to right-click on the chart, then choose "chart properties" and click on "Pre/Post Data."

Topic: Cannot view premarket or postmarket data
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2016 8:29:20 PM

Hello

In the Help contents under data / data frequency, it says that premarket and postmarket data can be viewed in intraday charts by right-clicking on the chart. I tried that on several different charts all in the intraday time-scale, but I get nothing about pre or post market data. I am using TC2000 v.16 with real-time data.

http://www.tc2000.com/tc2000help/#TC2000NEW/Data_Frequency.htm#kanchor5

Data frequency

All data is delayed 15 minutes. You can add real-time data for U.S. stocks, U.S. indexes and options by clicking the My Services tab in the upper right hand corner of TC2000.

Pre- and Post-market This data can only be viewed on intraday time-frames. Right click on chart to get Pre/Post Market Data options:

• Never Show
  • Show outside of normal market hours : Default, only shows pre/post trades outside normal market hours
  • Always show: Will show all of the most recent pre/post trades

*Note- the pre/post-market data selection is specific to each individual chart.

Topic: Shame On You
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:34:25 PM

Aces4Me

I have a question for you that I'd like to ask you privately. Would you please send an email to me at ronturmel@gmail.com so I can get your email address and send you my question?

Thank you for your time & consideration,

Ron Turmel (aka cyberdude1951)

Topic: Free Trading Journal in Excel Spreadsheet Format
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2016 8:41:26 AM

I found a pretty good trading journal that can be used to record all of your trades. It was created by Trader Mike over at http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/

The spreadsheet can be downloaded from here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/money-management/10622-trading-journals-some-information-downloads.html

There are two versions available, basic and master. Be sure to click on the Master Trading Journal download. I did a lengthly search for a good trading journal. Most of them suck, but Trader Mike's is very good.

The Grand-daddy of all trading journals that simply cannot be beat is TJS's Trader's Jornal Spreadsheet, but it costs $149.00 and I just cannot afford that right now. Trader mike's spreadsheet is the next best thing. See TJS's spreadsheet here: http://trading-journal-spreadsheet.com/

Topic: PCF Programming Language
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2016 8:24:51 AM

Are the programming commands used to create PCF's in TC2000 the same that all other trading software companies use? In other words, when I become proficient in using the TC2000 PCF language, will it be the same language that I can carry over to Metastock, Tradestation and others, or do these trading programs use a completely different language to code their own PCF's?

Topic: TechniTrader TC2000 Learning Center
Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2016 10:56:54 PM

I just found a good link on how to use TC2000 BOP & TSV indicators to detect High Frequency Trading and Dark Pool activity.

source: http://technitrader.com/tc2000-learning-center/?gclid=CjwKEAjwsuK_BRDD9ISR1bawwUwSJACbOiixhdBo1wqRcdAxmClaV3FqTFUXrRrCLXO1KUJZYV-MBxoCG2_w_wcB