Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sundaypapertrading
About
User Name: sundaypapertrading
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: All my personal watchlists are missing and open watchlist contents replaced
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2015 4:29:15 PM

Watch lists were missing, and now all sign-in attempts are failing.

Topic: All my personal watchlists are missing and open watchlist contents replaced
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2015 4:27:40 PM

Ditto here, all my personal watch lists are gone. They have been replaced with a "S&P500" watchlist which I never had in my template.

Topic: Fixed time frame custom PCF Cumulative Indicator
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 6:25:28 PM

Is there a way to set the start time for a Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator? For example, if I am on a 1 minute chart, I want to start the cumulative indicator from today's open, and not 3 days back.

Thanks!

Topic: B12 Trader
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 11:05:00 PM

The B12 Trading System utilizes TC2000 as it's primary charting software. It's not a system built on TC2000 itself, but it utilizes some of the flexibility TC2000 offers like custom PCF's and a very easy to use interface to save time in analyzing markets.

The system can be used with any software though, but TC2000 is the best time saver.

Topic: Moving Average to account for outliers
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:19:54 PM

Hello, I'd like to make a PCF of a moving average that accounts for outliers. As you know a single abnormal move in a stock can throw off a moving average dramatically. I'd like to account for that by doing the following:

21 day SMA

Sort all 21 days and determine the median of the 21 days

Exclude any values that are Median + (1.5x the Median) and Median - (1.5x the Median) so I can normalize the moving average.

For example on a 7-day Moving Average the values could be as follows:

12, 15, 13, 9, 19, 46, 14

Sorted these daily closes would be:

The median is 14

(1.5x the Median + Median) = 38

(1.5x the Median - Median) = -7

46 would be tossed out so the 7-day SMA would simply be:

9+12+13+14+15+19 / 6

Is this possible or is there a way to exclude outliers from the SMA calculations?

Topic: Questions: Terms of Service and Affiliate Program
Posted: Friday, November 7, 2014 12:27:14 AM

How are things coming along with the Affiliate program?

Also, since screenshots show the tc2000.com copyright, is that "appropriate" credit?

Thanks!

Topic: What the heck happened at 2pm EST today?? Stocks down and up in 1 minute
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:19:59 PM

Can anyone explain how a FED announcement can cause a HUGE drop in thousands of stocks and ETF's and then an immediate spike within 60 seconds at 2pm EST today?

Were there automated systems out there flooding the queue's with sell orders to get everyone out of their stop/loss orders and then running up the price?

Look at almost any minute chart for any US based stock or ETF and the same pattern is repeated across the board. This can't be a reflection of mass behavior.. can it?

Topic: Draw on all symbols, but only on a particular indicator, not the stock
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:00:04 PM

Hi there, I am drawing a horizontal line on an RSI indicator for all symbols at 61.8. The RSI is in it's own area below the stock chart. However, it's also drawing that same horizontal line at 61.8 on the stock chart as well.

How do I make the horizontal line only draw on the RSI indicator area and not the stock chart?

Topic: Price Crossing Through Middle of Keltner Channel
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:36:39 AM

The centerline is also the same moving average of the same time period used in the Keltner Channel. So for example, if you are using a 5 bar keltner channel based on an exponential average, try using the 5 bar exponential moving average based on the (H + L + C) /3 and you will see it will match your center line exactly. 

Then you can easily make scan criteriea off the EMA which is the same as the middle Keltner channel line.

Topic: Real time scan delayed?
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2013 5:00:04 AM

Is this a bug specifically for gappers? I have real time RSI scans on my watchlist and they don't update until I scroll the list or sort, so I've been forced to change the scan to "manual" which I don't want to do.