Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Real time scan delayed? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
cygnet_noir
Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 7:56:34 PM

I am a Platinum user.  I would like to know why the "Gappers" easy scan does not show any live results until about 9:45 - 9:50 eastern.  Should I not expect that the easy scans would show results from the first live tick?

Thank you,

cygnetnoir

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 9:10:27 AM

Worden Trainer

It is a bug. Criteria show yesterday's values until about 15-minutes into the day. Once they stop showing yesterday's values, they are in fact realtime and not delayed however.

Thank you for reporting the issue. It has been assigned case number 9192.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
cygnet_noir
Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:48:51 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

It is a bug. Criteria show yesterday's values until about 15-minutes into the day. Once they stop showing yesterday's values, they are in fact realtime and not delayed however.

Thank you for reporting the issue. It has been assigned case number 9192.

This bug really makes Platinum level service a bust for me ... is there any plan to fix it?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:04:52 AM

Worden Trainer

It is relatively high on the list of issues to be fixed, but I still could not say when the issue will be resolved.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
cygnet_noir
Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:58:40 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

It is relatively high on the list of issues to be fixed, but I still could not say when the issue will be resolved.

I can't understand why this is not the highest priority ... this "bug" essentially takes tc200 out of the game during the opening 15 minutes of trading.  eSignal would cost me more, but at least it can scan live from bell to bell. 

And this seems like it should be a fairly easy fix ... it may take multiple lines of code, but the instructions should be straightforward.

Please resolve case #9192!

Thank You

cygnet_noir
Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 10:08:03 AM

TC2000 still not capable of scanning the open.  I had been hoping for a Black Friday surprise. 

haschade
Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:53:40 AM

This definately negates (for Open Range traders) some important value from TC2000.  Consider this another Ballot Box Stuffer.

Thanks!

Putt4Dough
Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:53:30 PM

+1

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:15:11 AM

Worden Trainer

Your bug reports have been assigned case number 9418 and 9419.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
haschade
Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:12:25 AM

Is this resolved in the Beta of 12.3?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:16:05 AM

Worden Trainer

I am pretty sure it is not yet fixed in the TC2000 version 12.3 beta. It wasn't resolved the last time I tested it and it isn't in the release notes.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
cygnet_noir
Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 9:15:22 AM

This does not seem to be a priority of any level for the Worden Brothers.  Why is every other real time chart service able to get this right, but Worden lacks the competence to have data based criteria update as new data streams into the application?  Why does this 15 minute delay in real time scanning persist?

haschade
Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 11:44:58 AM

This is significant enough as a defect for me that I will very likely not renew my Worden subscription this spring;.... Ive been a Platinum customer for 5 years but am seeing the writing on the wall.

cygnet_noir
Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:22:52 AM

As the expression goes, "The Silence is deafening."

I love this software.  I prefer it to all others I have tried.  But this glitch undoes all the good.  You  can have the nicest, most aerodynamic and powerful sports car on the Auto Mile, but if you are running it with five missing spark plugs it will perform worse than John Deere tractor.

Come on, fellas, fix this thing!

cygnet_noir
Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:44:06 AM

So how do we get an update on case #9418 & case#9419?  Is there a phone number we can call?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:17:03 PM

Worden Trainer

The database is not publicly available. You could contact technical support and they should be able look up the bug or suggestion using the case number, but this would probably not give either you or the technical support agent any insight into when a bug fix or suggestion is going to be implemented.

Let's use cases 9418 and 9419 as an example. They have been assigned to parent case 5784. It is currently listed as 13 in the case backlog order and there are only 4 cases above it related to the desktop version of TC2000. This means it is very high on the list of things to get fixed.

But this does not tell us when a fix will get implemented as cases are not necessarily resolved based on where it has been prioritized in the backlog or how many uses have made a suggestion or reported a bug. Thes factors can have a strong influence, but when a bug is fixed or a suggestion is implemented can be as much a matter of what else in the program is being worked on as anything else.

Since it isn't useful outside the the confines of quality assurance and development, I am not normally going to post things like parent cases or backlog numbers in the forums. I just did it this time to give you an idea of how it works and why the information wouldn't actually be helpful.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
sundaypapertrading
Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2013 5:00:04 AM

Is this a bug specifically for gappers? I have real time RSI scans on my watchlist and they don't update until I scroll the list or sort, so I've been forced to change the scan to "manual" which I don't want to do.

fpetry
Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2013 11:37:18 AM

Until the bug is fixed it seems in the mean time one could use scans other than the specific "gappers" scan to catch gaps at the open.  For example, a very basic scan that simply looks for stocks up 7% or more.  Depending on how large your tradeable universe is, the scan might spit out only a half dozen to three dozen stocks at the open, and one could very quickly space bar through these in seconds to catch significant looking gaps. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 9:50:31 AM

Worden Trainer

The issue described in this topic has been resolved and is not related to the behavior being described be tempt187.

An EasyScan based on Gappers does seem to work correctly for me in TC2000 version 12.3 Platinum. The EasyScan is also automatically and continuously updated in the Streaming tab as new data comes in which would change what symbols are returned by the EasyScan.

If I am understanding what tempt187 is describing correctly (which is certainly not guaranteed), the values in the WatchList Columns are being automatically updated only when they are visible and the WatchList is not being automatically resorted as these values change.

This behavior is not a bug and is just due to there not being a automatic resort feature available in TC2000 version 12.3. You must click on Re-Sort to force all of the values in the WatchList Column to be re-calculated and have the WatchList order changed based on the new calculations.

The WatchList Column values of symbols which are not visible in the WatchList are not being updated until they are visible, because doing so utilizes resources with no visible effect and these resources are a shared pool being used by everyone.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
mpozhhan
Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:00:30 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hello

I have 5 to 15 minutes delayed for some stocks.

Please help me how to fix it. It's not acceptable during trading.

Thank you in advance.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 12:15:26 PM

Worden Trainer

You have TC2000 Gold, so it is not a bug. Only the trades which happen on the BATS exchange (about 12% of all trades) are going to be in full streaming real time. Data from the rest of the exchanges are integrated into the data on a fifteen minute delayed basis.

TC2000 Platinum service would eliminate this delay.

TC2000 Platinum vs TC2000 Gold PDF

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles