Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: cobb452
About
User Name: cobb452
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: LUV has just been upgraded by S&P - volume + positive divergences every...
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:42:19 PM
Stocks making new 52 week highs are generally showing strength relative to the rest of the market. Also, they will be in uptrends. Then it is a matter of determining the "quality" of the trend.

I bought SU in 12/03 when the price was $23.23. As I said before, I might've cheated on the market cap, but I'm sure you know it is not the price alone but the Price X shares that determines the market cap of an issue. Looking and the market cap of SU now it is 27B, so when I bought it the market cap was <10B so I didn't cheat too badly.

Jefferson
Topic: LUV has just been upgraded by S&P - volume + positive divergences every...
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:23:23 AM
Well, I would refer you to my Blog, but I've been informed by the authorities here at Worden that is not permitted. Notice the link removed by Moderator.

Basically I look for small-caps making new 52 week, preferrably all-time highs, with accelerating revenue levels with charts that look like a diagonal line from lower left to upper right. Check out a chart of SU for an example of a perfect chart (although I think I cheated on the market cap on this one). There's so much more to it than that, but it would take me a couple of hours to write it all in and I'd probably get flagged for taking up too much bandwidth. I'd have you e-mail me and I'd give you the url for my blog, but I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to leave my e-mail now.

I can understand their (Worden's) POV and it is their website, but its not like I'm trying to promote or shill for anything. Just want people to read my Blog. What's the point of having a Blog if nobody reads it? Oh well.

Jefferson
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 8:11:21 PM
Seems like there is pretty solid support around 13.00. I wouldn't take it, but I think you and have vastly different philosophies. You might be able to make a trade out of it.

Jefferson

(link removed by Moderator)
Topic: Investing basics
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 7:51:53 PM
The real question to ask is how much an original 5000 dollars worth of CSCO would be now if you had the misfortune to buy it on 3/28/00 when it was $77.88/share. The answer is $1166.54 less commissions. The good news is, at least you wouldn't owe any capital gains tax. The bad news, that's pretty much what happened to me, except I sold it about two years ago for low twenty-something and change. Talk about calling the anti-top. I've learned a lot since then.

Jefferson

(URL removed by moderator)
Topic: Intermediate trading book or courses
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 7:35:55 PM
Stock Market Stratagem:... Braden Glett.

Not one of the better known books, but having read a lot of books on investing, if I had to choose only 1 book to apply to my investing, that would be the book.

Jefferson

visit my blog (URL removed by moderator)
Topic: What drove the market today ....
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:53:58 PM
QUOTE (BigBlock)
Well it takes time for the market to guess what is coming.
Today most indexes are dropping hard in accelarated volume and stinky breath. This is the 2nd day of sell out.
Keep stops tight, and get ready your shorts.
Good luck

I never try to predict the indexes, but I do have a bottle of Listerine to help out with the stinky breath. And all of my shorts, boxers and briefs, are freshly cleaned and ready.

Jefferson
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:56:52 PM
As you wish. I stopped having beliefs about why the market does what. Its less confounding that way. However, I do feel the need that I wasn't promulgating a personal belief but passing along a speculation I had heard.

Regards
Jefferson
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:15:27 PM
I think there is some speculation that the fed may stop hiking interest rates in lieu of Katrina and the anticipated economic loss. Many of my personal investments are commodity related, so I had a very good day today.

Jefferson