Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: achandrasekaran99
About
User Name: achandrasekaran99
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 47
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Chaikin Money Flow
Posted: Friday, February 4, 2005 12:28:21 PM
QUOTE (Tanstaafl)
P.S. I double-checked the formula in AtoZ ... it is a correct implementation of Chaikin's Money Flow.

Thank you Jim. That seems to make sense (it also matches with what Doug wrote about sum of volume in the bottom). I will try it. Additional thanks for showing exact PCF terms also!
chandra
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2005 5:25:03 PM
Hi Doug,
Thank you for the equation. It seems to be showing approximately similar curve. But the scale is totally different. Normally the scale is between +1 to -1, but here it goes in thousands because of multiplying by volume at the end. Its scale does not give any idea about the current value, due to changes in average volume between stocks. May be I will put this in suggestion box.
Thanks.
chandra
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2005 11:45:30 AM
Hi,
I like CMF indicator (in addition to others), but TC does not have this. Is there any other Indicator in TC that has some resemblance to CMF? Currently I check this in Internet from other sources.
Thanks.
chandra
Topic: SP500 Volume in 1987
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 11:10:03 AM
Doug, Thanks for the clarification.
Topic: SP500 Volume in 1987
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 6:05:44 PM
I was checking the Worden's comment that SP500 made new high in MS. Then I came across the following:
When I look at the SP500 quarterly chart, I find that the 1987 volume was 10 times more than in 1988 and thereafter, and reaching those 1987 volume levels only now. I am unable to get the old volume data for SP500 anywhere else, so I could not verify it. Is it a data problem or there was some changes made to the Index after 1988?
Thanks.
chandra
Topic: TC2K - Coming version
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2004 6:10:20 PM
I was referring to the problem mentioned by user jschott. My suggestion was whether the drive itself can be made modifiable (to CD-RW or even the flash memory cards/keys)? Not that I want such options now, but may be useful for others and may be useful even for me in future. Now such flash memory is costly, I am sure in a year or so it will become cheap. Thanks.
Topic: TC2K - Coming version
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 3:36:07 PM
I am happy that the files will be stored on the hard disk (I had to spend half an hour to delete the old and copy the new data for each update CD). Is it possible to make the location of these file modifiable, for those users who have difficulty like jschott mentioned?

Also I am glad to hear I will be able use it in different computers (at different times, of course). I thought the last version had improved so much that little chance for further improvement. But the team keeps finding things for improving/adding. GREAT.