Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2K - Coming version Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jschott
Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2004 10:03:27 PM
I note that the forum said that the new version will automatically store all data on the hard disk to give even faster operation.

Will the system support the present slower CD access to the historical database, too? The reason I ask is that since I can have TC only on one system, I use it on my portable, which has limited hard disk capacity. So I'd rather have slower on the portable that only have faster on my desktop alone.

Also, would you consider adding one capability to the editable display line. I'd surely like the capability to display the stock ticker on the right hand edge of that line (or anywhere else).
As things now stand, when looking through a list of stocks, the stock ticker is ONLY on the left top display line or on the list display - not on the right hand side where one normally looks to see the latest price action.
It surely would be helpful and it would avoid eyestrain if users could optionally get that information near the closing price on the right.

Thanks
JCS
StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2004 10:52:55 PM

Administration

The plan is for version 6 to read data from the hard drive alone. In fact, a CD will not even be required to download/install it (although we will provide a CD for installation to users with slower internet connections if they need it.)

The program and the data files currently take up about 550mb of hard disk space which, in today's world of 30...40...120gb+ drives isn't a considerable amount.

However, the plan is for you to be able to use TC2000 on more than one machine, although not simultaneously. The desktop/laptop combo is very common now and we want to address that with the new version.

Nice suggestion on adding ticker symbol as a criterion on the Data Bar. I'll pass that along to the development team.
hayedid
Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2004 4:09:13 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I had avoided getting TC2000 because I could only install it on one machine and I wanted it on my desktop and laptop. It's nice to know that this is finally being addressed.

gchw
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2004 11:33:21 PM
QUOTE (StockGuy)
The plan is for version 6 to read data from the hard drive alone. In fact, a CD will not even be required to download/install it (although we will provide a CD for installation to users with slower internet connections if they need it.) <br /><br />The program and the data files currently take up about 550mb of hard disk space which, in today's world of 30...40...120gb+ drives isn't a considerable amount.<br /><br />However, the plan is for you to be able to use TC2000 on more than one machine, although not simultaneously. The desktop/laptop combo is very common now and we want to address that with the new version.<br /><br />Nice suggestion on adding ticker symbol as a criterion on the Data Bar. I'll pass that along to the development team.
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, November 15, 2004 7:34:44 AM

Worden Trainer

gchw,

We only got your quote of StockGuy's post without your comments. Be sure to post again with your comments if we can help or clarify anything.

- Craig
Here to Help!
stkhnd
Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2004 1:27:41 PM
Fast and ability to use on two machines?! One word...SWEET!!!
achandrasekaran99
Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2004 3:36:07 PM
I am happy that the files will be stored on the hard disk (I had to spend half an hour to delete the old and copy the new data for each update CD). Is it possible to make the location of these file modifiable, for those users who have difficulty like jschott mentioned?

Also I am glad to hear I will be able use it in different computers (at different times, of course). I thought the last version had improved so much that little chance for further improvement. But the team keeps finding things for improving/adding. GREAT.
Doug_H
Posted : Friday, November 26, 2004 10:02:41 AM

Worden Trainer

When you asked if the location of the data files was modifiable, I assumed you were wondering if the data could be stored in a different folder or location on your hard drive. One of our tech agents has just confirmed for me that you cannot change the location of the data files from the default location.

If I mis-understood your question, please let me know.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
achandrasekaran99
Posted : Monday, November 29, 2004 6:10:20 PM
I was referring to the problem mentioned by user jschott. My suggestion was whether the drive itself can be made modifiable (to CD-RW or even the flash memory cards/keys)? Not that I want such options now, but may be useful for others and may be useful even for me in future. Now such flash memory is costly, I am sure in a year or so it will become cheap. Thanks.
Doug_H
Posted : Monday, November 29, 2004 6:48:21 PM

Worden Trainer

I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly certain that if data is stored on the hard drive, it must be the drive where the program itself was installed. I'm not sure how much flexibility you have with that during an installation, but the tech support agents would have a ready answer for you. You can contact them via email at support@worden.com.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
Kuf
Posted : Monday, November 29, 2004 10:15:17 PM

Administration

You get to choose your install location. But it's still in beta so anything can change.

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
Chief Software Engineer - Worden Brothers Inc.
Try/Catch - My RealCode Blog