Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: kunal00
About
User Name: kunal00
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: What's symbol for Gold & Crude Oil TC2000?
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 11:21:28 AM

I typically use etfs as you can trade those also and they look & act like stocks.  For oil I use USO to track it and GLD for gold.    

Then when I am daytrading them which has been very lucrative of recent with the huge volaitlity in commodities I use leveraged etfs that track those 2.  So for oil the 2x etf is UCO and 3x is UWTI.  and for gold I use NUGT.  The key with these is to keep your position sizes relatively small as the volatility can wipe you out if your on the wrong side.

Topic: Need PCF Help
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 11:14:22 AM

MASA!

Topic: Need a mentor
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2014 4:09:34 PM

Hey wisdom84 hit me up kunal@bullson.ws Ive got some classes and coursebooks ive built over the years that I can send you. You dont have to pay for it or anything just study hard!  

One of the things you should do is find out what type of trading you want to get into and then dive deeper into the specific methods within there. For example I trade equities. I am primarily a daytrader or short term swing trader 1-5 day holds.  I am mostly a trend trader or momentum trader.  Having that very specific methodoly allows me to focus my efforts on building solid processes as now I know what type of information to seek for the type of stocks etc.   Once you have a method you need to really dig in and learn every single microscopic detail about that method and then practice it.

Maybe work on a trading simulator like thinkorswims for a period of time while you smooth out the kinks and you pile on the repititions so that you can build mastery over your method. 

Thats great you have a good job that will give you time and less pressure! so much of trading is mental and when you have to trade for income right away all of the sudden you lose your most powerful ally as a retail trader which is the ability to be opportunisitic. You dont have to be in the markets at all time...often you have to be patient and wait for everything to line up before you do something.   But if you jump the gun and have this need to trade for money then all of the sudden you lose that ability.    

Dont fret! there are tons of people just like you out there. Sometimes making a few friends and having a solid community to bounce ideas off of can be a real gamechanger and stop that feeling of isolation and give you some new energy and purpose. 

Take care

kunal

QUOTE (wisedom84)

Hi,

First I would like to mention that I am french canadian... So sorry for my english, it is not the best :P.

I am looking for a mentor, I dont think that I would be very needy but I guess I need some guideline on trading strategy. I have been studying the stock market (fundamental) for the past 3 years, I made some money  ( nothing incredible) but over time my passion grew a lot and I kept looking for information. The more information I found...The more I wanted to know about everything. And in the mean time I knew I was going to do something good with all that knowlodge so I saved as much as I could so I could invest and make my way to be financially independant. 

When I realized that I was waking up at 5:00 in the morning so I can have an extra 2 hours of studying and charting before I go to work... I decided I should make a career out of it. If you dont need to snooze in the morning to go do what you have to do... I guess it mean you are enjoying what you do.

After that 3 years of studying fundamental and my realisation of making a career out of it, I started to look a technical analysis... Fundamental was not close to get me out of my job any time soon. So I spended the last 4 month looking at everything I could on technical analysis. At this point, I know some about a lot... I know all the oscillator and indicator, I know by heart all the harmonic pattern and candle stick pattern, I love the moving average and  my favorite of all so far is elliot wave ( during live sessions I have a hard time to figured out where I am in the counts). 

I made few strategy and tryed to work them but...The result were not so good so far... I kind of doubt them now and I realised I need guidance outside of book, movie and self education....

I have a hard time with :

- Finding a good broker, I like forex because it is 24 hrs a day during the week and it work well with my work schedule... But all the broker ( base on numerous hours of research) seem to be taking advantage or screwing people at some point... 

- Getting a strategy that actually work consistantly ( I understand I will never be perfect)

- How to make a realistic plan in order to get out of my job and make a living with trading.

- It might sound stupid but I really feel alone.... I stopped talking about investment and money because my friend, co-worker and family think I am odd.... I have a really good job...So my co-worker and friend think I am stupid to look for anything else... My family want my well-beeing so they dont want me to take any risk in anything. So I have nobody to turn to when I doubt, when I have exciting idea or whenever I read something awesome and feel like telling the entire world...

This is why I am looking for a mentor or someone with guidance that can help me. 

Thank you very much

Dom

Topic: simple formula
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:19:18 AM

ok thanks! one more thing.. can you show me a formula to scan 4 % movers of stocks greater than 1 with volume greater than 200k?

Topic: simple formula
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:03:01 AM

How do I create a simple scan for stocks trading above 1 dollar with a volume greater than 200000 in the old version?

Topic: Writing bollinger band scan
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 3:49:54 PM
Looking for pcf scan to write for a stock that has broken up and above its upper bollinger band.  Ideally if I could find a scan where the candle is completely out of the band would be great. If not just a strong break of the upper band.