Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: devtrader
About
User Name: devtrader
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 34
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Cumulative Indicator Settings
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 11:40:29 AM
Bruce,
thankx and appreciate for explaining and being patience.I am just trying to understand the logic of the code
QUOTE(Bruce)
termRatio(3) stores the ratio of the decreasing weights of older terms (in this case Prices) as they are added to these Exponential Moving Averages. 1/3 is a 2-Period EMA, 2/4 is a 3-Period EMA, 4/6 is a 5-Period EMA and 6/8 is a 7-Period EMA.
How do you determine/calculate termratio  1/3= 2 period   2/4 = 3 periodand so on ?
I am using  in  #cumulative modified indicator
    termRatio(0) = 1 / 8
    termRatio(1) = 1 / 6
    termRatio(2) = 1 / 4
    termRatio(3) = 1 / 3
What will be the period for these termratios ?

so weights are basically prices here for the current bar and stored in the termratio based on the period EMAs(2 or 3 or 4 or so..on).
thanks
devtrader

Topic: Cumulative Indicator Settings
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:54:42 PM
# Cumulative
Static XavgC(3) As Single
Static sumWeight(3) As Single
Static termRatio(3) As Single
Static Sum As Single
If isFirstBar Then
    For i As Integer = 0 To 3
        sumWeight(i) = 1
    Next
    termRatio(0) = 1 / 3
    termRatio(1) = 2 / 4
    termRatio(2) = 4 / 6
    termRatio(3) = 6 / 8
    Sum = 0
End If
For i As Integer = 0 To 3
    Dim Weight As Single = 1 / sumWeight(i)
    XAVGC(i) = XAVGC(i) * (1 - Weight) + Weight * Price.Last
    sumWeight(i) = sumWeight(i) * termRatio(i) + 1
Next
If XavgC(1) > XavgC(3) Then Sum += 1
If XavgC(0) < XavgC(2) Then Sum -= 1
Plot = Sum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bruce, I have been using this code for SF5 and 4.0. there are few things I can't understand :
(a)  XavgC(3)  sumWeight(3)  termRatio(3) , What are these variables can you explain ?
(b)  XAVGC     Exponential Moving Average of Close/Last Price?
(c) so what is the difference between Xavgc and XAVGC in this program ?
(d) if isFirstBar means isFirstBar (Returns true if calculating for the first bar of the calculation) confusing to me. what is it ?
Is it possible for you to explain in order for me to understand how this works.
Thankx for what you do.
devtrader
Topic: Pivot Point Paint Scheme
Posted: Monday, August 2, 2010 11:43:06 PM
Bruce , thanks for your hard work. I really appreciate the solution.
devtrader
Topic: Pivot Point Paint Scheme
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 1:55:54 PM
thkx it is great solution.I will use this paintschemet though in my chart. I might not have explained in my request correctly. sorry about that. however my goal is not to paint the candles. What I want is create a condition (eliptical  tablet) which will have real code  for whenever any candles crossing/almost crossing up the  PP or S1 or S2 or R3  line etc... will pass( means  when I drop the condition in the watchlist  with specific color as a condition column). will show color for that specific stock  once the criterea meets. Also similarly I will create another condition real code vice versa(crossing /almost crossing downwards) for all pivotpoints.

Right now  I have created two conditions  for each pivot points and bundled all upwards in a single combo condition and  all downwards in a single combo condition. that makes the chart cluttered with so many condition tablets. the objective is to cut down to only two condition tablets. Let me know If I have confused you before you start writing real code.
Again I appreciate for what you do for us.
Topic: Anyone profitable with Stockfinder?
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 2:13:50 AM
Cunparis,  if you don't find stockfinder helpful move on to something else which works for you. It is not if something works for me will work for you .  Before starting stockfinder I played day and night freestockcharts for 15 days. Hence stockfinder became breeze and I am enjoying stockfinder than telechart.  Now I consider Telechart as a MS-DOS and stockfinder as Windows-XP.  And you know the difference between DOS and XP.
Topic: Re Timeframes
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 1:12:50 AM
Burt ,
  I also use 130 , 150 and 180 timeframes.  For some reason stockfinder 5 I had the same problem  like you had. but recently they had fixed with recent build. you can add more than 100 mins as a timeframe. However the developers had goofed up the logic in SF5. 180 mins behaves like hourly, I reported this issue to(Report Data issue) and so far no one had taken into consideration.  So the workaround, I am using 3hrs instead of 180 mins timeframe. There are lot of bugs  in Stockfinder 5 and I learnt to live with it unfortunately.
Topic: NEW: RealCode Class Reference API for Version 5
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2010 11:04:39 AM
Got this document as a printout from the chicago worden workshop. very helpful and already started writing realcode conditions and indicators.  and since I programmed Visual Basic and visual basic.net in past, I didn't find much difficulty. The learning part is the realcode APIs. Love it.
Devtrader
Topic: dollar index symbol
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 1:47:12 AM
Excellent, may I know why DXY0 is not available on lower timeframes than daily.
Topic: dollar index symbol
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:09:35 PM
Bruce, I tried during the market hours. in stockfinder 5.0 DXY0 doesn't display any chart. after hour in Telechart nothing even in Freestockcharts. since we get all indicies (dj-30, sp500 n compqx) charts why not dollar index ? any specific reason . and dollar index volume shows Daily 100.00. Don't understand.
Thankx
devtrader
Topic: Pivot point as plotted in Freestockcharts.com
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:15:52 PM
The problem still exists. I have attached a chart ("Dev_PivotMidPoint") under share directory for you to take a look at it. 
thankx
devtrader