Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: marv73
About
User Name: marv73
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Freestockcharts.com
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 6:19:11 PM
  Can you enlighten me on the trendline Alert service recently offered by Wordens on Freestockcharts.com? What  exactly is the relationship since I assume Freestockcharts.com is offered free to everyone.   Thank you 
Topic: PCF
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:29:22 PM
Sorry about that Bruce
    Maybe I should have worded my request a little differently.  The two year I selected was an arbitrary time period to allow a decent interval for a stock to be trading lower and finally making a high in the last six months. This is the only high I'm concerned about in relationship to the current price. The current price should be in the 75-80% range of that high.
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:51:35 PM
 Thanks Bruce
     I understand the formula you gave me but I don't understand why I'm not getting the charts I should.  I did an all stock scan using that PCF and got quite a few hits(True's) but the first three stocks I looked at weren't what I was looking for.  The first three stocks, SPY,NTRS and IWM showed highs in Oct07, Sept08, and Jul07 respectively vice 6 months ago as the scan would indicate. Of course the 80% close today from the top was also off.  Thanks
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:31:36 PM
 I'm not having much luck with a PCF i would like.  I would like it to show a MAXH about 6 months ago for over a period of approx the last two years. The current price should be approx 20 percent below the 6 month ago high. Thanks
Topic: 9 Day Scans
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2008 6:11:53 PM
 My question is in reference to Sir-9-Day Periods on Friday's  March 7, 2008  Worden Report.  After selecting a Watchlist using his scan, is there a scan that would check the stocks in this Watchlist every day(9 days if necessary) against the close of the previous 9 day period? This could be a percent value or a dollar amount.  From the article I gather he checked his Watchlist manually. Also, on a 9-day screen would a C1 be yesterday or 9 days ago and C2  for eighteen days ago? Would the sort by Net Change or Percent Change give you results from the previous 9-day ending period cumulatively or just for the previoud day?  Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:31:47 PM
Craig
Thanks for your help. Works just fine. If you get a spare minute and looking for something to do can you tell me what was wrong with the one I hatched.
Thanks
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:53:07 PM
Can you tell me if the following formula is correct for the following criteria. For a long position I want the Open to open within the bottom 10% of the low and a close within the top 10% of the High. For a short it's just reversed. I never got any hits using all stocks in a scan so that made me wonder about it. Thank

(H - L) > 0 AND O <= H - (.9(H - L)) AND C >= L + (.9(H - L) ) OR C <= H - (.9(H - L)) AND O >= L + (.9(H - L)) AND (H - L) > 0
Topic: Exporting data to text format - comma, space or tab delimited
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:17:39 PM
Doug
When I go into Excel and click OPEN it doesn't open to TEXT as in your example but in My Documents. When I browse and bring up TEXT it doesn't show any sub-folders. After I type the exported file name in, it will bring up the two screens for the selection of the delimmiter and then it appears on the excel sheet.
Seems strange but I checked and the exported file is in the Text folder but just doesn't show up when following the above procedure. Any ideas on what's happening would be appreciated. Thanks
(Removed by Moderator)