Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: wse
About
User Name: wse
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 150
[0.05% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: trade ideas
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:30:41 PM
haha.. well of course we get it wrong too.. also the strategies used varies from trader to trader.. when i trade, i trade using 4 different strategies when it comes to day trading or 3 strategies when it comes to swing trading...

today i day traded SPY on a 5 min chart and placed 14 trades and was profitable on 10 of the 14

i also day traded AAPL on a 15 min chart and was profitable 4 of 4 trades

there arent exactly performance parameters... but when i was working for institutions, they 'prefer' that you make 10+ opening trades per day depending on how you trade

if you're a wall trader, liquidity trader, scalper, or shaver... then youre constantly trading something
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:51:27 PM
in due time, theyll show up in the videos but just to explain a few things that separates institutional traders from others is that institutional traders are relentless with their positions while others are sitting on the sidelines and watching. its a completely different game where everything is more precise and direct rather than generalized
Topic: Question about ETF's
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:41:31 PM
inverse etf's are basically the opposite of a plain jane etf.. so instead of short selling an etf, you just buy an inverse etf

2x also known as "ultra" etfs basically just move at 2x the rate of an etf... so lets say you had a choice between ETF-A and Ultra ETF-A

if ETF-A rose 1% then Ultra ETF-A should rise 2%

then there are 3x etfs which move 3x the speed of an ordinary etf. however when it comes to 3x etfs you have to be a bit more careful as they are created by using options and even if you have a 3x bull etf and 3x bear etf, they can both fall because of option decay.. but thats a long story in itself
Topic: youtube topics?
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:37:34 PM
ok so right now im torn between using part of magnum pi or a team as the opening song for my videos lol...

also does anyone have a list of websites, strategies, etc that they use that i can mention in the videos?

i've been writing up a giant list of a topics and how to break down the videos etc... also the more viewers/subscribers i have, the more frequently ill post the videos... so right now the plans are 1 or 2 videos a week and if i get more ill probably start doing 1 video per day or even several per day (containing live trading)
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:13:16 PM
BUY
aapl
coms
dxo
hd
rimm

SELL
abt
blud
pcg
typ
wm
Topic: Trade Ideas
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:36:27 AM
1 week or less
Topic: Trade Ideas
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 9:09:19 PM
BUY
abt
eev
srs
vxl
zxl

SELL
aapl
cat
ibm
mur
wynn
Topic: another leg down in the works?
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 1:07:33 PM
if you look at the yearly charts, it looks like the market wants to crash completely... but we'll see
Topic: another leg down in the works?
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:08:33 PM
was just looking at a monthly chart on SPY for fun and looks like the market is in a state of confusion, i think if it can end august below 98.15, we're ready for another leg down but as of right now the monthly charts look bullish
Topic: youtube topics?
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:45:16 AM
yeah i was actually reading that its ok to use 10% of the song or get a copy of the master user license