Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: strategy123
About
User Name: strategy123
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Multple Entries in the same stock ?
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:05:12 AM

Very interesting.  Thx... 

Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 10:50:13 AM
QUOTE (jas0501)

Not in the backscanner as only one position is permitted, however you can write it in realcode and plot the equity curve. Then compose a custom index of the equity curves for the overall picture of the strategy.

thx....  but not sure I understand this at all.  I'm familiar with realcode but really don't know what you mean "write it in realcode and plot the equity curve".   I know how to create a custom index of a watch list but not sure how any of this links together.   I guess I'm not famliar enough with it.
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 10:10:02 PM

Have a simple buy setup and was wondering if SF can enter multiple positions in the same stock each time the same buy critieria is met.  For example,  buying each time a 21 day high is reached and exiting all positions if the 50SMA is penetrated.  Is this possible ?  thx

Topic: Time based Exit Question
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:13:04 PM

Is it possible to include a sell rule in the backscanner that would execute if the stock has not made at least 10% gain at the end of 10 days  ?   In other words, a "lack of progress" sell rule..   thx

Topic: can stockfinder do this?
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:17:47 AM
Understand.   thx about the reminder on the price and volume...
Topic: can stockfinder do this?
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:39:54 AM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
The technicals (below 50 day sma, 100K min avg vol, & > $1 closing price) should definitely be possible going back 10 years (although determining unadjusted Volume and Price figures might be problematic). Historical Fundamentals require Platinum and even then we only have EPS going back to the middle of 2003 however (although we have projected high, low and consensus EPS estimates going back as far as late 1996).

Bruce...  I noticed EPS Surprise% goes back to 1998, although as you point out EPS only goes back as far as 2003.   Is this accurate ?      (BTW... I also noticed ROE goes back to 1998 as well).  

Lastly,  I'm assuming that regardless of the fundamental, if I can place it on the chart and it shows up for the time frame in question,  I can test with it..   is this a valid assumption ?  

thx
Topic: Defintiions for MorningStar Fundamentals
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 3:45:49 PM
excellent thx.  didn't know about the Knowledge base...
Topic: Custom Index Question
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 1:07:38 PM
Wow.. This all looks really neat.  I'm going to have to think thru this.. not sure I understand it yet... but really appreciate the ideas.     thx again.
Topic: Defintiions for MorningStar Fundamentals
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:57:01 PM

Is there a URL anywhere that defines each of the morningstar fundamentals available in SF ?  The "info" tab yields nothing.  Some are obvious of course, but others are not.  For example,  "EPS Est Raised - Curr QTR" is that analysts raising the estimate or the company itself ?  This is just one example, there are others. 

thx.

Topic: Custom Index Question
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:58:04 AM
okay.. thx.