Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

can stockfinder do this? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
dctommy
Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:57:55 AM

I want to go back in time (maybe up to 10 years ago) and find all stocks that are below 50 day sma

and have positive EPS and growth projections & 100K min avg vol & > $1 closing price.

Can stockfinder do this?

Thanks,

Tom
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:48:13 PM

Worden Trainer

The technicals (below 50 day sma, 100K min avg vol, & > $1 closing price) should definitely be possible going back 10 years (although determining unadjusted Volume and Price figures might be problematic). Historical Fundamentals require Platinum and even then we only have EPS going back to the middle of 2003 however (although we have projected high, low and consensus EPS estimates going back as far as late 1996).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
dctommy
Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:51:27 PM
 thanks Bruce L
strategy123
Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:39:54 AM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
The technicals (below 50 day sma, 100K min avg vol, & > $1 closing price) should definitely be possible going back 10 years (although determining unadjusted Volume and Price figures might be problematic). Historical Fundamentals require Platinum and even then we only have EPS going back to the middle of 2003 however (although we have projected high, low and consensus EPS estimates going back as far as late 1996).

Bruce...  I noticed EPS Surprise% goes back to 1998, although as you point out EPS only goes back as far as 2003.   Is this accurate ?      (BTW... I also noticed ROE goes back to 1998 as well).  

Lastly,  I'm assuming that regardless of the fundamental, if I can place it on the chart and it shows up for the time frame in question,  I can test with it..   is this a valid assumption ?  

thx
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:08:00 AM

Worden Trainer

QUOTE (strategy123)
I noticed EPS Surprise% goes back to 1998, although as you point out EPS only goes back as far as 2003.   Is this accurate ?      (BTW... I also noticed ROE goes back to 1998 as well).

I show EPS Surprise Percentage going back as far as the beginning of 1997 on at least some symbols. Different fundamentals will have vastly different amounts of history available depending on the the vendor providing it to us and possibly when we started tracking it internally.

QUOTE (strategy123)
I'm assuming that regardless of the fundamental, if I can place it on the chart and it shows up for the time frame in question,  I can test with it..   is this a valid assumption ?

It should be a fairly good assumption. Keep in mind that some historical values (such as Price and Volume) might be adjusted based on splits (and possibly even large dividends or distributions). I do not know of a simple way to unadjust these adjusted values in StockFinder.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
strategy123
Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:17:47 AM
Understand.   thx about the reminder on the price and volume...
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:44:46 AM

Worden Trainer

strategy123,
You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles