Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Nevania3
About
User Name: Nevania3
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: adx change and close near high of range
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:19:12 AM
Hi Craig
For #1. I wrote it as 100*(C-L)/(H-L)>=70 in the PCF.Works fine.Thanks.
For #2. I have spent several hrs clicking links and reading a lot of posts to have come to the conclusion that what I want to be able to do, can't be done simply. This is what I want to add onto what I have already written and #1. ADX14 > ADX14.1 AND +DI14 > +DI14.1 AND -DI14 < -DI14.1
Is it just a simple "can't be done" as of yet in TC??
Regards
Nevania3
Topic: adx change and close near high of range
Posted: Friday, December 9, 2005 5:22:35 PM
Hi all
I have posted part of this elsewhere but thought i would repost and add another query.

1. I want to be able to include in a scan "close/last in the top 30% of the days range".
2. ADX line greater than 1 day ago.

I have tried doing this but have been unsuccessful.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nevania3

Topic: Replies to "Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!"
Posted: Friday, December 9, 2005 4:01:18 PM
Hi Craig
Not sure if i'm posting in the right place, but the question you answered below is very similar to a question i have so maybe you can clarify for me.
I am after a formula for the "close to be in the top 30% of its range for the day."
Can you help?

QUOTE (Craig_S)
Here is the PCF:

H&lt;=(ABS(C-O)*1.2))

There are no stocks that fit this condition in the entire market (not a suprise).

The PCF finds stocks with a high less than or equal to 120% of the absolute difference between the close and the open.

I must still be missing something.

What do you mean by C-O?
Topic: sebl takeover
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:22:57 AM
Thanks Tilda
I think I might sell and take my profit. Watch it run once I sell.
Nevania
Topic: How does the weekly chart work?
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2005 3:47:29 PM
It would be a great addition to the program if we could choose between the weekly bar as it is and a calander week.
Thanks
Nevania
Topic: sebl takeover
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2005 10:47:06 AM
Hi all
I bought some SEBL shares back at $8.50, and was happy to see the takeover offer hit the market. As a trader from Australia what I don't understand is that the takeover offer is at $10.66 but the stock is hanging around the $10.30 mark. Why isn't it trading up around $10.66?? What am I missing?
Nevania
Topic: grid lines
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 6:26:47 AM
oooopps. posted in the wong forum.
will send support an email.
Nevania3
Topic: grid lines
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 6:06:19 AM
I have only been using Telechart 2005 for a couple of weeks and have been able to find most of the operating features. One thing I would like to do is to remove the grid lines on the chart. Can this be done and if so how.

Thanks in advance
Nevania3
Gold