Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: itchn2trade
About
User Name: itchn2trade
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 30
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Average True Range Trailing Stop
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:42:51 AM
Hello - I want to backtest a strategy that uses ATR volatility as a trailing stop.  For example, let's say I use a 10 period ATR as the trailing stop, ATR for today is equal to 1.50, and the position I'm in goes down $1.51, I want to sell.  Please advise how I would set up this condition to use as an exit strategy when backtesting.  Thank you.
Topic: StockFinder 5.0 Changes from 4.0 - UPDATED
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:45:11 PM
Kuf,

When is 5.0 going from Beta to a Full release?  Would you recommend upgrading now?

Thanks,
Topic: Painting Bars to Reflect Change in Trend
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:22:36 PM
Hello - I would like to create rule where everytime a candle makes a 3 period High or Low the color of the candles change until a High or Low is made in the opposite direction at which time the candle colors would change.  For example, when a stock makes 3 period high all candles from that point forward will be filled in Green until such a time that a 3 period low is made and from that point forward all candles will be filled in Red until another 3 period high is made.  Please advise.  Thanks!
Topic: Flagging Symbols
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 10:21:16 PM
Hello,

As I go through my watchlists I'd like to be able to flag certain symbols that I believe may be strong candidates to go long or short.  Is there a way for me to easily "flag" them so I can go back later and do a sort on the symbols I have tagged?

Or, do I have to just add those symbols to another smalle watchlist?  If this is the case when I add the symbol to a new watchlist will a lose trendlines, etc. that I have written on the chart?

Thanks,
Topic: Scanning Multiple Chart Time Frames Simultaneously
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:00:28 AM
Thank you!
Topic: Chart Overlays
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 12:01:37 PM
Changing the scale did the trick.  Thank you!
Topic: Scanning Multiple Chart Time Frames Simultaneously
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:44:49 AM
Hello,

Is it possible to run a single scan that analyzes both Weekly and Daily charts at the same time?   For example, I want to be able to scan to for stocks who's Weekly 10 SMA has crossed above it's Weekly 30 EMA and simultaneously it's Daily 10 SMA is above it Daily 30 EMA.  I've pasted below the scan expression from another service that I would like to run in Blocks:

[type = stock] and [country = us] and[daily ema(60,daily volume) > 150000] and
[daily high < yesterday's daily high] and
[yesterday's daily high < 2 days ago daily high] and
[sma(10, close) > ema(30, close)]and
[daily close > daily ema(30,daily close)]and
[daily close < daily sma(10,daily close)]and
[daily close > daily sma(200,daily close)]and
[weekly sma(10,weekly close) > weekly ema(30,weekly close)]and
[ADX Line(10) > 20.0]and
[close >= 5] 

Thanks!
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:37:25 AM
Bruce - I tried your suggestion and attempted to paste Volume Bars into the Price pane.  I was successful in pasting in the Volume Bars but was then unable to see the Price chart.  Any suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 9:38:34 AM
Hello,

Is there a way to put overlay's in the price chart of indicators?  For example, can I have the MACD Histogram overlay the MACD or the Volume Bars overlay the Price chart?

Thanks,
Topic: Chaikins Moneyflow Indicator
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:33:28 PM
Hello,

I've been working with Blocks for several weeks now and would like to use Chaikins Moneyflow Indicator.  Any suggestions on how I can build it or can you point me to someone who has built it already?

thank you!