Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Chart Overlays Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
itchn2trade
Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 9:38:34 AM
Hello,

Is there a way to put overlay's in the price chart of indicators?  For example, can I have the MACD Histogram overlay the MACD or the Volume Bars overlay the Price chart?

Thanks,
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:19:52 AM

Worden Trainer

Generally, you would add the Indicator that creates its own Pane to the Chart and then Copy and Paste the Plots from that Pane to the Pane in which you want them to Plot instead. Once you are done, you can delete the original Pane.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
itchn2trade
Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 11:37:25 AM
Bruce - I tried your suggestion and attempted to paste Volume Bars into the Price pane.  I was successful in pasting in the Volume Bars but was then unable to see the Price chart.  Any suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 11:45:41 AM

Worden Trainer

There a couple of issue. First, you may want to check the Volume is being Plotted on its own Scale (instead of on the same Scale as Price).

- Right-click on the Volume Bars and select Scale With | On Own Scale.

The other possibility is that both the Price and the Volume Bars are normally opaque by default. You will not necessarily be able to see one through the other.

You can control the order in which they are drawn (the Plots are drawn from left to right), by adjusting where it is (right-clicking on a Plot and selecting Bring To Top should put it to the far left and get it drawn first).

The other option is to adjust the opacity of the Colors used to draw the Indicator, but as far as I know, this needs to be done in the Block Diagram by adjusting the colors directly. Right-click on the Plot and select Block Diagram to bring up the Block Diagram and then double-left-click on each of the Colors and adjust the Opacity setting.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
itchn2trade
Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:01:37 PM
Changing the scale did the trick.  Thank you!
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:02:45 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles